Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    Score?
    Shocks trail 6-3 in the bottom of the 7th. Two outs with runners on 1st and 2nd with Sam Hilliard at the plate.

Oops! @Cdizzle beat me.

Hilliard does drive in a run with a single. Now Bob Arens is at the plate for the 1st time today.

Comment

Hilliard singles in a run. 4-6.

Comment

Not in the cards today for Bob.

Comment

The rain came to early this morning or going to come to late tonight.....

Comment

Final?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
              Final?
              ILS 7 - WSU 4

I think this was the 1st time a Valley opponent has swept the Shockers in Eck Stadium (ever).

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                ILS 7 - WSU 4

I think this was the 1st time a Valley opponent has swept the Shockers in Eck Stadium (ever).
                That's what Sully said this morning.

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

:(
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    So did you personally shoot that video of Shockers fans at the game today.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                      Aargh, have you taken the time to analyze the players on the team? Do you have any idea at all what their potential is? Do you know that this team lost their 2 best pitchers for the year in Sam Teves, & Willie Schwanke? Do you know how many players on last year's team were sent packing by HCTB? I've done all the research to answer those questions and I am encouraged by the potential for this team in the long run. They started 4 frosh yesterday. Next year's recruiting class is touted to be even better than this one. They are all frosh. I think there are 16 of them.

Gunnar Troutwine, the 6-2, 225 lb frosh DH, drove in 5 runs yesterday on 4 hits including 2 HR's, one of which went over the left field wall and landed on 21st St. He was touted as a "5-tool prospect". He is being groomed as a catcher. I sat in an Eck Stadium Skybox for the WSU, KU game 5 days ago along with 3 former WSU catchers including Brian Preston, #3 in career HR's at WSU, & the starting catcher the last time WSU went to the CWS in 1996. We were all impressed with the potential of Troutwine behind the plate in that game.
                      We have 17 Fr on this year's team and 7 of them have so much potential they haven't even seen the field. Most of the Fr that have played just started playing since HCTB has pretty much given up on this season and is trying to get some Fr more experience (which I think is smart btw). Troutwine had a great day and has lots of potential but before Saturday he was hitting .265 with 11 hits and 1 double which isn't going to make anyone's Fr All-American list. Eaton has also been looking better lately but other than that our Fr are hitting .150, .163, and .173.

You also mention how many of last year's players HCTB sent packing. Not sure how that bodes well for the program? To me that is a negative, especially since it doesn't appear we upgraded much, if any, by sending them packing. We are going to be sending quite a few "packing" after this year to make room for those 16 incoming Fr you mention. Hope that doesn't impact future recruiting efforts!

My point isn't to say you are wrong to think there are some bright spots, but I also don't think you should call people out for viewing the current state in a negative light. It has been pretty rough out there and this weekend was hard to stomach.

Comment

ILS 7 - WSU 4

Awesome!

Another great record-breaking achievement Butler can stick into his cap.

I hope the anti-Gene peeps are happy they got what they wanted.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

ILS 7 - WSU 4

Wow. And the redbirds aren't even a very good team.

Comment

They're better than we are apparently.
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                              We have 17 Fr on this year's team and 7 of them have so much potential they haven't even seen the field.
                              HCTB mentioned on the coaches show tonight that there are a few FR red-shirting this year that he thinks could contribute right now. He said that at this point it wouldn't be fair to the players to have them burn an entire year of eligibility to help us out.

He also said McNeese State was warm. Alabama was warm. Arkansas was cold to him, and Wichita is very windy. He mentioned that he thinks WSU should go on the road early in the year to tournaments in Texas and Florida and wait until it gets warmer here to play home games. He has no desire to go to California to play in early season tournaments.

Comment

Working...
                              X