Shocks vs. Redbirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iamsecond View Post
    I think we would have had a good bullpen coming into this season if we would have be able to keep (both) Gardners,McIntyre, Brummett from last year. Just my observation for what it is worth
    Maybe, but that group had a combined ERA of 7.28 last year so they would have had to step it up. The also walked 5 batters per game as well.

Will be interesting to see what Brett has to say on his show this afternoon. He can't be none to happy.

Comment

Anyone catch the Kemnitz show this week? If he led off about how embarrassed and humiliated he was last week, he's likely tying a noose this week.

Comment

I bet Kennedy is hoping he has technical difficulties for today Kemnitz show.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
          Anyone catch the Kemnitz show this week? If he led off about how embarrassed and humiliated he was last week, he's likely tying a noose this week.
          It just started. He is quite subdued but not ranting --- yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
            Any chance they make Saturday a doubleheader? I see a 50% chance of storms on Sunday. I will be there Saturday.

Go Shocks!
            Maybe we should pray for rain tomorrow.

Comment

Kemnitz says the next recruiting class is good clase, and is High School heavy. They are wearing it by going juco heavy this year.

Comment

Kemnitz thinks pitching will be back to being very good next year - if he doesn't hang himself before then (his words). But he hasn't given up on these guys - and chewed their asses today.

Comment

Cody Tyler looking good in throwing bullpens and is basically 100% but they are not going to bring him back this late in the season. A couple of other young pitchers on the shelf are Brad Kinsey and Matt Whelan but they will be redshirted.

This is the worse ERA of any of the teams in Brett's 37 years.

He normally doesn't light his pitchers up right after a game. Usually waits until the next day to see how he feels. But today was one of the few days where he did light them up right after the game.

Comment

The inconsistency of the staff and not know what to expect on any given day is very frustrating for Brent.

Comment

Brett says that Shocker fans deserve a better product on the mound then they have been getting and that it will get fixed (although he did not specify a time table).

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        Kemnitz says the next recruiting class is good class, and is High School heavy. They are wearing it by going juco heavy this year.
                        He also said to not expect to see that Juco heavy class again which I was glad to here.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 11, 2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Kemnitz says fans were probably delusional if they thought this team was going to be good this year. They tried to temper expectations, but nobody listened.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            He also said to not expect to see that Juco heavy class again which I was glad to here.
                            I figure they had to go to the juco route because

1. They didn't have (enough) relationships built for H.S. kids
                            2. They lost out on some of the H.S. kids

Comment

Kemnitz says fans were probably delusional if they thought this team was going to be good this year. They tried to temper expectations, but nobody listened.
                              My question is, how can the fans be "delusional" when this year's recruiting class was ranked as high as they were in the country? Wouldn't you think Juco players with 2 years of experience and most of them draftable would be more seasoned players for D1 baseball than high school players coming in? Like I said previously, maybe we should have kept the "High School" pitchers we had last year and they would have had (1) year of D1 baseball under their wings ready to take on this year's competition.

Comment

He lost me with this comment. None of us thought we were going to host a regional. Hell, 99% of us knew we probably wouldn't be IN a regional. Most of us thought it could be a tough season. But the product they are putting out there is just bad, and you want to blame the fans and say 'hey we tried to tell you'.

Bullshit. Admit you missed with this group, and wear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X