Shocks vs. Redbirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs. Redbirds

The Redbirds are 14-15 on the year including 2-9 on the road and 1-5 in the MVC. They are hitting .299 as a team with a 5.64 ERA and .963 fielding percentage.

They have a pretty steady starting rotation with Jacob Hendren (5-1 3.23), Headean (3-2 4.25), and Landwehr (2-4 6.21) all making 8 starts each. Both Hendren and Headean have almost 1 SO per inning pitched and Hendren is a bit susceptible to the long ball giving up 6 HRs (1/3 of the team total).

The Redbirds have 6 regulars hitting over .300 including R-Jr C Paul Dejong who is on the Golden Spikes watch list. He is hitting .417 with 10 2b, 11 hr, and 35 rbis. Sr Mason Snyder also has some extra base potential hitting .314 with 9 2b and 3 HRs.

The have a better RPI (126 to our 160), weaker SOS (112 to our 74) and similar results against the top 100 (2-11 to our 2-13). The thing that stands out is their 4 losses to 200+ RPI teams although all of them came in their first 17 games of the year and none in the past 11 games.

We need to go at least 2-1 again this weekend to finish out a strong showing against the bottom dwellers of the conference. Our first 3 MVC series have come against teams with a combined 5-16 MVC record and our remaining 4 MVC series are against teams with a combined 17-10 record.

Come on Shox!

Comment

Any chance they make Saturday a doubleheader? I see a 50% chance of storms on Sunday. I will be there Saturday.

Go Shocks!
      Attached Files
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Jesus Christ we are bad

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
          Jesus Christ we are bad

Comment

7 Redbird runs on a whopping ONE extra base hit. 8 walks is ridiculous, I don't care how many people are injured.

Comment

Troutwine with his first Shocker HR, puts the Shox up 1-0 in the 2nd.

Anderson is pitching extremely well, but the PC is a little high for longevity.

Comment

ISUr took a 3-1 lead before Troutwine hit another HR to tie it.

ISUr has retaken the lead at 4-3 Mid 5th. Troutwine may not bat in this inning, which will probably make scoring difficult.

Comment

BK was rather animated on his visit to the mound in the top of the 6th. Goshen responds by a walk and Texas Leaguer.

Comment

Tired of animation. Bench people.

This bullpen is ridiculous.

Comment

Make the bad man stop!

Comment

When you are walking 10 last night, and now they have 6 more walks today - you just are not going to have success if you can't throw strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Tired of animation. Bench people.

This bullpen is ridiculous.
                          I don't disagree with that sentiment but the problem is who do we replace them with? Is this the worst Shocker pitching staff in program history or at least going back to the restart of the program under Gene? I understand the injuries are an issue but seems like that is just part of the game anymore.

Comment

I think we would have had a good bullpen coming into this season if we would have be able to keep (both) Gardners,McIntyre, Brummett from last year. Just my observation for what it is worth

Comment

Put in a backup catcher, I don't care. Challenge somebody's pride.

Comment

Working...
                              X