No announcement yet.

Shox Midweek vs Central Arkansas and Arkansas-Little Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shox take the 3-2 lead on a fly out by Rader. Tinkham grounds out to 2nd to end the inning.

Comment

And naturally Arens is 2-2 with a BB, 2 runs scored and 2-RBI. Shox have 3 consecutive doubles in the 6th. 4 straight hits.

Let this be a lesson in what can happen when you draw a walk. Shox now have a season-high 4 walks in this game, which is pretty telling on its own.

8-2 Shox End 6
      Last edited by Cdizzle; March 11, 2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        And naturally Arens is 2-2 with a BB, 2 runs scored and 2-RBI. Shox have 3 consecutive doubles in the 6th. 4 straight hits.
        Bob can thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Bob can thank me later.
          You need to spend the next 3 days talking trash on every player on the team.

Comment

Kihle took 2 walks in the same game. The end is nigh.

9-2 Shox Bot 8

Comment

Shox win 9-2.

A good appearance for hard-throwing Chase Williams. A good start for Bargfeldt. Both definitely had outings they can build on. Basically everyone in the lineup contributed. Still some major issues in the field.

If they hadn't been obliterated yesterday I would probably choose to look at this as winning 2 out of 3. But they were. 5-10, with a very ominous weekend looming.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Let this be a lesson in what can happen when you draw a walk. Shox now have a season-high 4 walks in this game, which is pretty telling on its own.

8-2 Shox End 6
                  Bob can thank me later.
                  Of course Bob Arens is the 'star of the game' and has the 'play of the game' (2-run double); go figure! :)

Comment

Probably shouldn't get too excited about a mid-week win of UALR especially coming off the beat down yesterday to Central Arkansas.

As @Cdizzle: pointed out we still need to clean up some things in the field. It was good to see a good effort by the pitching staff.

Shocker hitters walked 6 times and struck out 6 times. Shocker pitchers had 7 strike outs vs 1 walk. You can certainly live with both of those ratios.

Not sure what, if anything, today tells us. It can only be a positive if they can validate it going forward. This weekend will tell us a lot about whether we are making any progress.

Comment

Probably shouldn't get too excited about a mid-week win of UALR especially coming off the beat down yesterday to Central Arkansas.

As @Cdizzle: pointed out we still need to clean up some things in the field. It was good to see a good effort by the pitching staff.

Shocker hitters walked 6 times and struck out 6 times. Shocker pitchers had 7 strike outs vs 1 walk. You can certainly live with both of those ratios.

Not sure what, if anything, today tells us. It can only be a positive if they can validate it going forward. This weekend will tell us a lot about whether we are making any progress.

Comment

I’ve got a feeling Mike Kennedy is eventually going to go all ‘Jim Kobbe’ over the crappy radio equipment; the ‘play of the game’ wouldn’t play. Just plain sad. :(

Comment

Chase Williams was putting up 94 on the gun today.Kid has a big arm and looks like a closer if we ever get the chance.

Comment

I have no idea whether Butler is the right guy, but it was time for Gene to pick up anchor and sail off in the sunset before it ended really badly.

That being said, HCGM inherited enough of Turgeon's players that people thought we would be was better than we ended up. Then disappointment really set in when we started the next year something like 0-5 (many doubters on the board, don't make me pull up the posts) in the Valley until boatracing sCUm. After that, things clicked and we salvaged the season with a trip to the CBI, the next year even better with an NIT appearance, and then the train really started rolling.

Give the guy time, three full years at least.

Give

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              I have no idea whether Butler is the right guy, but it was time for Gene to pick up anchor and sail off in the sunset before it ended really badly.

That being said, HCGM inherited enough of Turgeon's players that people thought we would be was better than we ended up. Then disappointment really set in when we started the next year something like 0-5 (many doubters on the board, don't make me pull up the posts) in the Valley until boatracing sCUm. After that, things clicked and we salvaged the season with a trip to the CBI, the next year even better with an NIT appearance, and then the train really started rolling.

Give the guy time, three full years at least.
                              Great point; my KU and K-State buddies and others were asking me when we were going to terminate coach Marshall; it was obvious to them he wasn’t going to cut it at little old WSU. I ‘horse laughed’ and said, “just wait and see, he’s a perfect fit at WSU and will take us to new heights”; now they think I’m a prophet. :)

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                now they think I’m a prophet. :)
                                Oh no! Are you implying that you aren't a prophet? Say it ain't so!

Comment

Working...
                                X