Shox Midweek vs Central Arkansas and Arkansas-Little Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox Midweek vs Central Arkansas and Arkansas-Little Rock

Should be some nice weather the next few days. It will be interesting to see what we do as far as pitching. Tyler Jones is slated to start for us today but no information on Wednesday or starters for Central Arkansas or Arkansas-Little Rock.

This will also give us a bit of insight into the MVC as Central Arkansas is 1-0 against ISU(blue) and 1-2 against MSU. Arkansas-Little Rock is 1-2 against Evansville and 0-1 against MSU.

Why do they keep starting games early? I know it's not that many, but some people are paying to watch these games. It might be nice if arriving on time didn't mean missing 2/3 of the first inning. Especially when that might be the 10 minutes one gets to enjoy not being behind.

Comment

Awesome. A PB and a WP score 1 so far in the 2nd for CAU. That makes for 16 WPs and 5 PBs in 13.1 games. Not exactly stellar work from the backstops.

2nd run comes in on a sac fly. Hooray wild pitches.

Add on an error in the inning. I found the keystone cops again. I believe everyone was playing in their correct positions at the time of this error.

0-4 CAU Mid 2
      Last edited by Cdizzle; March 10, 2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Why do they keep starting games early? I know it's not that many, but some people are paying to watch these games. It might be nice if arriving on time didn't mean missing 2/3 of the first inning. Especially when that might be the 10 minutes one gets to enjoy not being behind.
        The real problem is why the are ending so early.

UCA 4 - Shockers 0 middle of the second inning.

Comment

Warning track power.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Warning track power.
            Thank goodness for the balls that carry farther.

At least we have already broken up the no-hitter.

Comment

A 44 pitch 2nd inning for Tyler Jones. He probably we only make it through 4 innings if he makes it that far.

Sounds like he has decent stuff but is inconsistent and perhaps needs to work on his command.

Comment

Good job by Jones to come back with a solid inning in the 3rd. I wonder if any of the hitters are willing/able to atone for their errors or help pick up a teammate.

Comment

0-5 Top 4

Comment

Comment

Mucha leads off the 4th with a walk. Need to start digging out of that ^^^^ hole this inning.

Nevermind. We'll just strike out a few times.

0-5 End 4.

Comment

I'd take Gene Ball over this ****.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

And Kihle misplays a would-be out into an RBI double, and likely a big inning.

0-6 Top 6

This team isn't just bad. Sometimes in baseball games like this happen, but not like 60% of the time.

New pitcher gives up a 3-run homer. And hits a guy with his 2nd pitch. I've joked about it before, but maybe I really should go try out.

0-9. Top 6.

Comment

At least Chandler Sanburn has figured out the quickest way to get out of jam when he comes in to the game with runners on base.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              At least Chandler Sanburn has figured out the quickest way to get out of jam when he comes in to the game with runners on base.
                              And then create a new jam in just 5 pitches with a HBP and a 4-pitch walk. Holy crap this is embarrassing.

I vote Gene with Hoop as an assistant on a 4-5 year succession plan.

Comment

Working...
                              X