Shox Midweek vs Central Arkansas and Arkansas-Little Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shox get a run back to tie in the 2nd.

Arens is in the lineup. Appears he missed a hit-and-run sign. I don't get this missing signs crap. That and the errors. You screw up, you get replaced.

1-1 End 2

Comment

Freshman LHP Jeb Bargfeldt on the mound for the Shocks. One of our little guys at 5-11, 165. But pitching is more than just about being able to throw through a wall.

Comment

Error. We seriously don't have anyone in the infield that can make even a decent defensive play. AFAIK, everyone is playing in their preferred positions.

Comment

With all due respect to Bob Arens who has been very loyal to WSU and may someday make a fine coach I think I would prefer to see Taylor Sanagorski in the lineup and learning from his mistakes than a 5th year senior. And it's not like Arens is killing it anyway.

Comment

@Cdizzle: are you at the game? If so what kind of pitcher is Bargfeldt?

So far I kind of like the poise he is showing to today. Allows a single, double and a walk to his 1st three batters and gets out of the inning with only 1 run scoring and then get's runners at 1st and 2nd with 1 out after an error by Chase Rader and then gets the DP ball to end the innings. This kind of competing is what we have not been getting out of the pitching staff.

Comment

I am not at the game, but in my opinion Bargfeldt is a pitcher with an awesome name.

I agree with the rest of your point. :)

1-1 End 3 Shox have had 2 thrown out attempting to steal

Comment

Delayed steal. We pitched out. And threw it into left field. He went to 3rd. Just ridiculous.

Another error on the 3rd baseman. I believe he is playing his correct position. I also believe that makes 5 errors in 16 chances on the season for Rader.

Aaaand for some inexplicable reason, Bargfeldt is the one that pays for all his fielders idiocy, as he gets pulled from the game. I don't get it. I assumed that when the coach went to the mound he was going to pull a fielder that could not field his position.
                Last edited by Cdizzle; March 11, 2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I am going to assume that the Shockers are well on their way to setting a record for the most errors on a per game average and perhaps an all-time low fielding percentage.

You just are not going to win many games being so charitable.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I am going to assume that the Shockers are well on their way to setting a record for the most errors on a per game average and perhaps an all-time low fielding percentage.

You just are not going to win many games being so charitable.
                    I agree. You also aren't going to see much improvement if bad fielding is rewarded with more playing time. Accountability.

We have this fancy indoor facility. Perhaps a few of these guys should see what it looks like inside.

Comment

Cdizzle - I hope Bargfeldt was pulled because he was at his pitch count. He seems to be as effective as anyone I have seen thus far.

Comment

After 4 1/2 the Shox trail 2-1. On a positive note we have turned a couple inning ending double plays causing UALR to strand 6.

EDIT: And Jordan Farris leads off the bottom of the 5th with a single and is 2-2 today. Farris has been a nice addition!

Comment

Arens also singles on a 3-2 pitch. 1st and 2nd no outs.

Kirk executes the bunt. 2nd and 3rd with 1 out for the top of the order.

Comment

Burns walked on 5 pitches. Bases loaded up for Mucha!

Comment

Mucha ties it up 2-2 with a ground out to 2nd.

EDIT: Mucha reached on a fielder's choice. Everyone is safe! Bases still loaded with 1 out.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                                Mucha ties it up 2-2 with a ground out to 2nd.
                                They changed that to a FC with no out. Burns was safe at 2nd, apparently after the SS missed the bag. Still bases loaded with 1 out.

Comment

Working...
                                X