Jones Overated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones Overated

I was just looking at some of the projected starting lineups. I agree with most of the choices for starters except one. Jones hit a buck 55 last year. After his performance friday. I dont get why everyone is so in love with this kid. I agree he plays good defense and is fast. The shockers need hitting. He obviously cant hit. I am tired of hearing about his potential. Potential hasnt gotten it done on game day.

:roll:
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

No one can be for sure if Jones will truly live up to his potential or not, but I don't think its fair to right him off after one game into his sophomore season. Sure he didn't hit well last year, but he was a freshman who played sparingly. Its hard to get consistency at the plate if you're only getting maybe one AB a weekend. Plus he hit .297 with 2 HR, 3 3B, and 12 SB over the summer for a good Duluth Huskies team in a pretty good Northwoods league. Everyone knows he can field and run, but if Gene didn't think he could hit, then Jones wouldn't be batting 2nd.

Comment

Gene has compared him to matt brown. Mat was pretty freaking good... granted a little wild at the plate but pretty freaking good none the less. The reason Gene wanted jones so bad is because of how he played in the nbc toury his senior year. He was awsome and really showed he could play. A couple other kids in the same class were on that same team but jones was by far the best at the nbc tourny. The kid has loads of talent and potential. The kid is gonna be fine... in fact i think he will be better than fine. You will see... I appreciate you choosing the correct screen name to use though.

Comment

What a wonderful 1st post. :-|

Let's give him a couple of weeks before we throw him under the bus, OK?

Comment

Re: Jones Overated

Originally posted by DONT KNOW ANYTHING
            I was just looking at some of the projected starting lineups. I agree with most of the choices for starters except one. Jones hit a buck 55 last year. After his performance friday. I dont get why everyone is so in love with this kid. I agree he plays good defense and is fast. The shockers need hitting. He obviously cant hit. I am tired of hearing about his potential. Potential hasnt gotten it done on game day.
            He played pretty sparingly last year..

It was the first game of the entire season. It's cold and the guys haven't been able to practice much.

Are you effing kidding me?

Khol Nanney is a veteran. He came in, threw two wild pitches, allowing the game to be tied. Let's just throw him under too.. :roll:
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

He played with my friend steves son on a team his senior summer and apparently hes blazing fast, but weve all seen him run.
              It will be interesting to see if his bat will come around, hes really the only player i have doubts about.
              Perhaps if the bat doesnt come aroudn we should give Kenny Williams Jr. a shot.
              "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
              CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Re: Jones Overated

Originally posted by DONT KNOW ANYTHING
                For some reason this keeps coming to mind -

It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool than to open it and remove any lingering doubt.

:whistle:

Comment

Are you a KMC grad?

Comment

The fundamentals are there to be a successful hitter. I imagine it will just take experience, confidence, and the right mental approach. Once he puts that all together, he will be a very valuable offensive weapon. Let's give him a few weeks of 20+ plate appearances before we jump to any conclusions.

Comment

I think Ryan Jones will be the complete player be fore the year is over.
                      First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Ryan Jones is and will be a very good Shocker player. Just wait people.....you will all see him come around.

Comment

Logan Forsythe hit about .200 his freshman year for the Hogs. The off-season before his sophomore year everybody was saying, he's a great defensive player but we don't know if he'll ever see the field because we don't know if he can hit.

Now he's on the watch list for every major award there is.

Comment

Was the first post a "troll" to get people to say nice things about Ryan Jones? If so, then "it worked." :lol:
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

John Luallen from East High came in as a top prospect and never made it.

I am sure that Mr. Jones will get his chance this season and if he does not produce he will sit on the bench.
                              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X