No announcement yet.

Jones Overated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every time Jones gets a hit, an RBI, or a couple of home runs, I think of this thread and just laugh.

Comment

He showed some power over the weekend at the plate. Give him some time playing everyday before sending the jury out on this kid.

Comment

He really didnt show power so much as the 25 mph wind gust took his pop out out of the park. Id say he has pop but not power at this point. He may develop power as he get stronger with the new weight program but hes really not a power guy. He is however the perfect gap guy with and tremendous speed on the bases. People always think we lack power hitters but it seems to me most power programs ball parks are set up where the wind always blows out and their HR numbers are inflated. Oklahoma state and OU are great examples of this. Here the wind always blows in and its a pitchers park. If our teams played at home at launching pads like Oklahoma state or OU our numbers would be on par or better than theirs I assure you.

Comment

He really didnt show power so much as the 25 mph wind gust took his pop out out of the park. Id say he has pop but not power at this point
          Were you at the game? I agree the first bomb was wind blown, but it did hit mid way up the scoreboard, which would of probably went out regardless of the wind. Oh by the way, the last homerun Jones hit was to right center against the wind a little and there was no doubt it was gone. I agree he is not a power hitter, but this team in general will get their share of home runs now that the weather (and the wind direction) will cooperate. The negative overtone directed at this team overall is depressing. Give them credit where credit is due, and beat them up when they deserve it. They are 24-4, not bad.

Comment

Hey I havent given the team any flak with the exception of our fielding the last week (deserved) and the terrible baserunning displayed by josh this year (also deserved). I'm nothing but supportive of this team. Now Shirley and some others on the other hand... 24-4 is a great record and one hell of a way to start the season. I'm happy as for the the guys and the year they have had thus far.

Comment

Dare I say.. 'bump'?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                Dare I say.. 'bump'?
                Way to motivate Fever!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  Dare I say.. 'bump'?
                  Way to motivate Fever!

Will it be enough for a win though?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Everytime I read this post I think of his 37 strike outs this year.

Comment

Don't forget his career .285 batting average and 5 total HR's.
                      although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

This is the classic case of If your one of Genes boys. You can do all of this plus not run out a fly ball to left field yesterday and get picked off first. But still not get benched.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 PUTT
                          This is the classic case of If your one of Genes boys. You can do all of this plus not run out a fly ball to left field yesterday and get picked off first. But still not get benched.
                          Substitute the periods for commas and I'll start giving you some credibility.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

this thread should become a 'sticky'.
                            although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Working...
                            X