No announcement yet.

OPENING DAY vs SIU-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was pretty cold Friday. The concrete was frozen (if you were there, you know what I mean), the breeze was stiff, and almost everyone was in the shade all day. 10 more degrees and the earlier start should help a little, I think.

If I make it out today and tomorrow, it may tie the number of games I attended last season - I am REALLY excited for the change.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

The crowd was really good. They stayed a whole lot longer than I thought especially the ones that were in wheel chairs and yes there were more than a few. For as cold as it was sitting in the shade and the wind these baseball fans put the basketball crowd to shame. I know they are probably some of the same ones but really I don't think you see a whole lot of the Chuck "oldies" at the Eck in that kind of weather. Was impressed with HCTB conversation with the first base umpire after the guy blew the call. I think we are really going to like this guy. Good multiple articles in the Eagle this am about the Baseball team.

Comment

Working...
      X