OPENING DAY vs SIU-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPENING DAY vs SIU-E

Wsu is clearing snow today. Unsure if opening day will be Friday or Saturday.

Wsu has not heard yet what the NCAA sanctions will be. Though they are expecting up to 11 shockers being suspended between 6-18 games a piece - mostly pitchers.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Wsu has not heard yet what the NCAA sanctions will be. Though they are expecting up to 11 shockers being suspended between 6-18 games a piece - mostly pitchers.
    It would be nice to accumulate some of those suspensions in the SIU-E series, but not sure the NCAA will that accommodating.

Comment

It will be a historic weekend, unfortunately I will be in Las Vegas, hopefully a game thread with be posted.

Go Shox!
      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        It would be nice to accumulate some of those suspensions in the SIU-E series, but not sure the NCAA will that accommodating.
        If WSU is pretty certain that their will be sanctions/suspensions and who are most likely to get hit with them, I believe the NCAA would be accommodating to allowing any self-imposed suspensions, prior to their announcement, to count. I think I would be pro-active about this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          If WSU is pretty certain that their will be sanctions/suspensions and who are most likely to get hit with them, I believe the NCAA would be accommodating to allowing any self-imposed suspensions, prior to their announcement, to count. I think I would be pro-active about this.
          Thats kind of what I'm thinking also. They will hold out x number of involved players for x number of games and hope that it corresponds somewhat to what the ncaa hands down.

Comment

Yes, please do. The first 8 games of the season look manageable while shorthanded. Games 9, 10 and 11 against the Beach will be worrisome without the guys. 12 through 15 look manageable but after that is when we'll need to be full strength. I mean, how crappy would it be shorthanded going up against OK State, AZ State and #39 UCSB.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              Do they have to set guys until they find out for sure? What if a player is rule ineligible - wouldn't they have to forfeit every game he played in? I'm really expecting that the NCAA will make example of Wichita State.

Comment

Do they have to set guys until they find out for sure? What if a player is rule ineligible - wouldn't they have to forfeit every game he played in? I'm really expecting that the NCAA will make example of Wichita State.
                I don't believe the NCAA would penalize WSU for playing certain people unless they had given them a warning about not playing them until there is a ruling.

Again, voluntarily suspending players would be proactive and would most likely be looked at favorably by the NCAA. At this point, and with a new coach, I'll resist being paranoid.

Comment

Just as a heads up for anyone planning on attending Friday's game. Only blue seats and outfield hill open
                  WICHITA, Kan. ? Seating for the Wichita State baseball season opener against SIUE on Fri., Feb. 14 will be limited to the blue seats and Coleman Hill in the outfield.

Comment

I'm gonna assuming the game will be played tomorrow and not pushed back for snow? Weather looks nice just not familiar with how snow effects the playing surface.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUFanInKansas View Post
                      I'm gonna assuming the game will be played tomorrow and not pushed back for snow? Weather looks nice just not familiar with how snow effects the playing surface.
                      The only thing not artificial turf is the pitching mound. As long as the snow has melted the field should be good to go.

Drainage is very good.

Comment

The only thing not artificial turf is the pitching mound. As long as the snow has melted the field should be good to go.

Drainage is very good.
                        Ok cool and Happy Opening Day y'all. It's like Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
                          Just as a heads up for anyone planning on attending Friday's game. Only blue seats and outfield hill open
                          http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...CLID=209406106
                          Interesting that they are charging more ($10) for the outfield hill (in the sun) then they are for the box seats ($8). They obviously are wanting to encourage folks to use the box seats. The outfield hill could be pretty muddy and slippery. I would think the box seats should provided enough seating capacity for a Friday afternoon game against SIU-E.

Comment

Interesting that they are charging more ($10) for the outfield hill (in the sun) then they are for the box seats ($8). They obviously are wanting to encourage folks to use the box seats. The outfield hill could be pretty muddy and slippery. I would think the box seats should be plenty for a Friday afternoon game against SIU-E.
                            Thanks for the info.

Comment

Butler on Sports Daily say the following on lineups:

1. Tanner Dearman
                              2. Garrett Bayliff
                              3. 1B Casey Gillaspie
                              4. 3B Chase Simpson
                              5. CF Micah Green
                              6. Parker Zimmerman
                              7. Tanner Kirk
                              8. Mikel Mucha
                              9. C Tyler Baker (probably higher, but Butler forgot him initially)

Comment

Working...
                              X