Gene to Speak at 4:30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
    I just dont get why Shane would get the axe. Dude was good on the radio.
    Dennis as DOBO and Dennis as radio man are 2 different jobs. No reason to think he won't continue to do radio color.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
        Shane was dismissed from his job at WSU, not his radio gig.
        thanks. I do only think of Shane as just the radio guy.
        Ill quote dofo again

Kyle Broz ‏@KyleBroz 1h
        @ShaneDennis37 are you staying and commentating games next year
        Expand
        Shane Dennis ‏@ShaneDennis37 1h
        @KyleBroz I don't know that answer.
        Expand
        Kyle Broz ‏@KyleBroz 1h
        @ShaneDennis37 we hope you are
        Expand
        Shane Dennis ‏@ShaneDennis37 1h
        @KyleBroz Thank you for the nice words. Things have a way of working themselves out.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
          Ill quote dofo again
          Guess I need to follow him.

He better be on #TeamFollowBack
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
            Didn't watch. I don't get why he doesn't get that it's time to move on but whatever. He left this school once and didn't seem that upset then... great coach, great run, time for a change.
            You should probably watch though.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
              Why would the secretary get fired after over 20 years of service? Is it her fault we didn't win enough???
              Yes, she was another one who wasn't out on the road recruiting.

It' s a little ironic that Kemnitz, who's now known to have been the chief lobbyist for the one-day OU debacle, ends up being the one guy who stays. It makes sense from a pure baseball standpoint, of course, because of how highly regarded he is, and rightly so -- no question that he was a big part of the team's success during their years of dominance. And keeping him also provides continuity and an anchor for the returning players on a team without many seniors, plus, he can help hold together next year's recruiting class.

Having said that, though, I certainly hope Brent gets his butt back out on the road and picks up his recruiting efforts, because it isn't just the quality of the offense that's deteriorated these past few years. We haven't exactly seen a stream of guys like Steve Uhlmansiek, Kris Johnson, Aaron Shafer, or Jordan Cooper or even secret weapon Damon Sublett coming in to become quality pitchers right from the start of their freshman years lately, and that used to be a hallmark of Shocker teams -- you could pretty much count on some first year pitcher being a difference maker. Kris Gardner was probably the closest we've seen among freshmen the past few seasons, and even he only won five games although he pitched solid baseball. Maybe Reagan Biechler, the kid from Colorado who was quoted as saying how important kemnitz was to his decision to attend WSU, will change that. Let's hope so, because someone needs to get WSU back to having pitchers who make an impact right from the start.

Comment

This may be the best thing to happen to Shane. He is way too talented to be wasting his time as a DOBO. I hope this will serve as a catalyst for Shane perhaps launching a full-time broadcasting career.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  Yes, she was another one who wasn't out on the road recruiting.

It' s a little ironic that Kemnitz, who's now known to have been the chief lobbyist for the one-day OU debacle, ends up being the one guy who stays. It makes sense from a pure baseball standpoint, of course, because of how highly regarded he is, and rightly so -- no question that he was a big part of the team's success during their years of dominance. And keeping him also provides continuity and an anchor for the returning players on a team without many seniors, plus, he can help hold together next year's recruiting class.

Having said that, though, I certainly hope Brent gets his butt back out on the road and picks up his recruiting efforts, because it isn't just the quality of the offense that's deteriorated these past few years. We haven't exactly seen a stream of guys like Steve Uhlmansiek, Kris Johnson, Aaron Shafer, or Jordan Cooper or even secret weapon Damon Sublett coming in to become quality pitchers right from the start of their freshman years lately, and that used to be a hallmark of Shocker teams -- you could pretty much count on some first year pitcher being a difference maker. Kris Gardner was probably the closest we've seen among freshmen the past few seasons, and even he only won five games although he pitched solid baseball. Maybe Reagan Biechler, the kid from Colorado who was quoted as saying how important kemnitz was to his decision to attend WSU, will change that. Let's hope so, because someone needs to get WSU back to having pitchers who make an impact right from the start.

These thoughts were going through my mind as I listened to Kemnitz sound like the new HC on the radio this morning. BK has also been the chief recruiter all of these years (recruiting has been a big bug-a-boo with the naysayers). It is a very wierd situation to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    These thoughts were going through my mind as I listened to Kemnitz sound like the new HC on the radio this morning. BK has also been the chief recruiter all of these years (recruiting has been a big bug-a-boo with the naysayers). It is a very wierd situation to say the least.
                    As of right now BK is effectively the acting head coach and in-charge of the baseball program until a new head coach is hired.

Comment

I wonder what Mike Kennedy thinks? Haven't heard anything from him.
                      "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

I wasn't suggesting that he get into the nitty gritty 'he said, she said'. And actually, since I posted this, more information has become available in the Eagle regarding the decision. At that point, we only had the short release to go from.

However, what I was getting at is that I've witnessed several introductory news conferences that have gone terribly wrong due to not effectively addressing the previous regime. It really starts the new administration off on the wrong foot. David Glass and the Kansas City Royals come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                          I wonder what Mike Kennedy thinks? Haven't heard anything from him.
                          Great point. I wonder how he feels about all of this.
                          MTXA = Mental Toughness Xtra Angry!!

>>> http://www.wheatshockers.com <<<

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                            Why would the secretary get fired after over 20 years of service? Is it her fault we didn't win enough???
                            Baggage. Lotsa baggage.

It is fair to say that the baseball department had a lot of baggage.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              I am not sure that a pitching coach is the best choice to recruit position players and homerun hitters.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X