Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Apparently there is, and I don't begrudge Gene one tear.

Comment

Gosh that was painful. Wanted to run up to the grumpy old sucker and give him a hug.

Why can't he just accept this as a new chapter in his life. He can retire, enjoy some of the pile of money he's made, and help shape the program as it moves forward in an advisory fashion. But no... his ego can't let him do that. All or nothing.

Comment

Ironic, he creates high expectation through his great success, then is fired for not meeting expectations......

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
          Gosh that was painful. Wanted to run up to the grumpy old sucker and give him a hug.

Why can't he just accept this as a new chapter in his life. He can retire, enjoy some of the pile of money he's made, and help shape the program as it moves forward in an advisory fashion. But no... his ego can't let him do that. All or nothing.
          I'm afraid, after the divorce, that the "pile of money" is, as it is with far too many sports related figures, mostly gone. I expect Gene will be working again very, very soon.

And I sure as hell wish him the very best and I hope he gets to #1 on the all time list.

Comment

That was beyond difficult to watch. Shouldn't have ended this way.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not that I'm not saying it's time to move on, but it could have ended differently.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Sad stuff and tough to watch but I'm officially excited for the future. Thanks Gene!!! I wish you nothing but the best.

Comment

There was no way that Gene's leaving wouldn't be a little messy.

Comment

Couldn't watch. So I take it Gene and the rest of the staff are fired and no further role for Gene at WSU?
                    In the fast lane

Comment

He said that Brent is going to stay on.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Not that I'm not saying it's time to move on, but it could have ended differently.
                        What exactly do you think could have/should have been done differently?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                          What exactly do you think could have/should have been done differently?
                          Gene directed the ending of this story, whether he meant to or not.

Comment

I thought I heard them say BK would be staying another year?

Comment

Yes he will be

Comment

I, like many others on here, have been calling for Gene to step down for the last year or so.

It certainly is sad to see him go. However, it is time for this program to take a step in a new and hopefully more prosperous direction.

Thanks for 36 great years, Gene! You will forever be a Shocker legend.

Comment

Working...
                                X