No announcement yet.

Gene to Speak at 4:30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one that thinks Brent staying on is a little strange?Is he going to have say in who the new coach is?Is he going to stay with the new coach after his contract is up or go with Gene to where ever he ends up?Just weird if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
      Am I the only one that thinks Brent staying on is a little strange?Is he going to have say in who the new coach is?Is he going to stay with the new coach after his contract is up or go with Gene to where ever he ends up?Just weird if you ask me.
      I agree. Curious move.

Comment

Gut wrenching. While it was time to pass the torch, it should have never ended this way. Gene deserved better than that.
        Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

I don't know what has been said between GS and ES up to this point. Was there any communication between them prior to yesterday's meeting? Yes, it is very sad but there is a lot I do not know. So it's hard to make a decision whether or not this could have been handled differently.
          "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Link to press conference. http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-news-j...,3890760.story

Comment

Gene is an imperfect man, as all of us are. But he was in genuine pain & distress this afternoon (understandably) and anyone who didn't feel some empathy for Gene this afternoon is one hardass individual. Sitting up there in front of the media so alone and so exposed and not doubt feeling abandoned. Very tough situation and I have to say I thought Gene handled it about as well as anyone could expect.

I truly hope he finds a situation that he can be excited about and that will invigorate him and just basically bring him happiness. Good luck Gene and thank you. I hope a time will come in the not too distant future when we as Shocker Nation will be able to honor you appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                Very curious!!! Recruiting has been cited as one of the main issues and Brent is the recruiting coordinator. Also, not a great showing giving up 20 Earned Runs, 2 wild pitches, a balk, hitting 6 batters and walking 9 against KSU in the Regional.

Comment

While I agree with what you just posted '72, I still am of the belief that Gene is the one most responsible for orchestrating the path that he went down. I think he was convinced he was calling a bluff, or believed what had been said to him was to motivate him, but in the end I believe he got what he was told he was going to get without making any changes.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Shocker View Post
                    I don't know what has been said between GS and ES up to this point. Was there any communication between them prior to yesterday's meeting? Yes, it is very sad but there is a lot I do not know. So it's hard to make a decision whether or not this could have been handled differently.
                    Gene seemed to indicate in his press conference that he was not expecting this. Not sure I totally buy that but apparently communications between he and ADES may not have been the best. In any case, Gene said he did not think it was handled very well. Sexton says that Gene was given options to avoid being fired. But we don't know what those were or when and how those were presented.

Without knowing all the details it's pretty much impossible to judge.

Comment

I'll throw this out here. If ADES had/has handled this situation poorly, with little or no communication, does anyone really believe that BK would even consider staying on? Even if it is just for a transitional year? I'm not making a personal judgment on whether this is a good or bad idea to have BK next year, but after 35 years with Gene, I find him even considering this as amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        I'll throw this out here. If ADES had/has handled this situation poorly, with little or no communication, does anyone really believe that BK would even consider staying on? Even if it is just for a transitional year? I'm not making a personal judgment on whether this is a good or bad idea to have BK next year, but after 35 years with Gene, I find him even considering this as amazing.
                        I think he is only doing it for the players sake. I think he could care less about ADES right now.

Comment

Wow that was hard to watch.
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Didn't watch. I don't get why he doesn't get that it's time to move on but whatever. He left this school once and didn't seem that upset then... great coach, great run, time for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              I agree that is is a strange situation with Brent.If you are the incoming new head coach at WSU,how do you like being told who your pitching coach is going to be?

Comment

From "Who replaces Gene" thread: Brent is staying on as director of operations instead of pitching coach

Comment

Working...
                                X