X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Yip - pitching wins championships.

Lol you guys are funny.

K-State didn't use their best pitchers (The Bullpen Aces Williams and Matthys). You are getting K-State's best when Williams throws a couple and then Matthys comes in the 7th or 8th. Yeah our average pitchers didn't pitch very well against you guys but we were never worried after the first. I was worried that we would be forced to pitch our aces and then be scrambling for Arkansas on Saturday. Now we get to do the same thing to Bryant tomorrow. Pitch our 3rd, 4th or 5th best pitcher (I think McFadden or Flattery) and bring our best in if we need them.

Arkansas doesn't hit and that gives them a big weakness and some might say a bigger weakness than K-State's Starting pitching. At least we have good pitching when we need to close games down. By not Pitching Williams or Matthys as a starter, we get to avoid playing them in games when we score a bunch of runs or get way behind. Arkansas will have a bad offense most games.

I appreciate the concern about our facilities and our baseball intelligence. Bill Snyder says that we should be getting better everyday and we are continuing to get better everyday in more and more sports. This year is Rowing Facility and a big new Football Pressbox. Baseball will probably get their turn sooner rather than later.

Also don't worry about our National Championship situation, if we keep winning Big 12 titles that will sort itself out.

Congratulations on your 1989 National Title.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      Saw your comment about Coy being thrown out in the first inning, Doc. It may indeed have been a bad decision -- you were there and I wasn't -- but it's the same way Gene has coached along the third base line his whole career. He's aggressive, maybe even hyper-aggressive, and that isn't going to change.

Speaking of change, though, I can't buy that it was a game changer. When you score 11 runs and are never really in the game, nothing you may have done wrong on offense was a factor in the outcome.
      It was 2-0 Shocks. We were rocking their starter. The hit ball was a rocket right to the left fielder. Coy got a terrible jump and can barely outrun me. The ball was on the way to the plate just as Johnny was (barely) rounding 3rd. He had NO chance to score. I called him out before he hit 3rd base, to the astonishment of those around me. It was a JOKE of a decision. I know 10 is aggressive. If it's Dearman or Bayliff, and they get an average break off 2nd, I'm fine. It wasn't and he didn't. It was stupid stubbornness, plain and simple.

And I said it was a game changer, not a game decider. Imho, the 0-2 mistake by Elam on the first batter was as bad. Okay, not as bad, but another game changer. Cale gets the first guy and they never score 9...not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
        Glad you enjoyed your time in Manhattan, or as ESPN is calling it "Title Town." The only thing we love more than the "scraps" (ie money) we pick up from OU and Texas is whooping their asses on the field/court, like we have been so often lately. Granted, beating the Shocks like a drum does not pay the big "scraps", but it's still pretty satisfying.

I'm curious though, now that Creighton has left the Valley, what is WSU going to do without their "scraps"?
        Speaking of satisfying, it's going to be very satisfying not seeing your trolling ass here anymore. Toodles.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
          Probably continue going to Final Fours and stuff. When was your last visit to one?
          SLAMMAJAMMA.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewVonLintel View Post
            Lol you guys are funny.

K-State didn't use their best pitchers (The Bullpen Aces Williams and Matthys). You are getting K-State's best when Williams throws a couple and then Matthys comes in the 7th or 8th. Yeah our average pitchers didn't pitch very well against you guys but we were never worried after the first. I was worried that we would be forced to pitch our aces and then be scrambling for Arkansas on Saturday. Now we get to do the same thing to Bryant tomorrow. Pitch our 3rd, 4th or 5th best pitcher (I think McFadden or Flattery) and bring our best in if we need them.

Arkansas doesn't hit and that gives them a big weakness and some might say a bigger weakness than K-State's Starting pitching. At least we have good pitching when we need to close games down. By not Pitching Williams or Matthys as a starter, we get to avoid playing them in games when we score a bunch of runs or get way behind. Arkansas will have a bad offense most games.

I appreciate the concern about our facilities and our baseball intelligence. Bill Snyder says that we should be getting better everyday and we are continuing to get better everyday in more and more sports. This year is Rowing Facility and a big new Football Pressbox. Baseball will probably get their turn sooner rather than later.

Also don't worry about our National Championship situation, if we keep winning Big 12 titles that will sort itself out.

Congratulations on your 1989 National Title.
            Basketball is going to be considerably down once Martin's recruits start graduating (or leaving as the case may be, lol). Ol' Bill is getting pretty old. Do you expect to hold on to him until he's 85? As has already shown, once Bill is gone, your football program will be cooked too. I hope you're keeping me well-nourished.

As for baseball, you're not relevant. It's your 4th appearance EVER. WSU has more regional appearances in the last 10 years than KSU has had in their entire existence, and this is when our program has hit the shitter. We were in 2 super regionals 4 years ago. We have 28 NCAA regional appearances. You have 4. Think about that for a minute. You're still 2nd fiddle in the state with the tradition.

So I wouldn't be calling the shots on the future of KSU athletics. Maybe some day you can finally win a national title, perhaps in rowing or something important.

Thanks for the congrats. It's a cool thing to experience. It's a shame you've never had that feeling before.

Oh and thanks for confirming why KU/Mizzou fans call you the douchiest bunch of bandwagoners on the planet. This entire thread proves it. Congratulations to you for that title.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              It was 2-0 Shocks. We were rocking their starter. The hit ball was a rocket right to the left fielder. Coy got a terrible jump and can barely outrun me. The ball was on the way to the plate just as Johnny was (barely) rounding 3rd. He had NO chance to score. I called him out before he hit 3rd base, to the astonishment of those around me. It was a JOKE of a decision. I know 10 is aggressive. If it's Dearman or Bayliff, and they get an average break off 2nd, I'm fine. It wasn't and he didn't. It was stupid stubbornness, plain and simple.

And I said it was a game changer, not a game decider. Imho, the 0-2 mistake by Elam on the first batter was as bad. Okay, not as bad, but another game changer. Cale gets the first guy and they never score 9...not even close.
              Doc, quit being rational. It was obviously Coy's fault for not running faster or not knowing better. And it clearly wasn't a game changer. Momentum isn't real. Gene is a god. Watcher knows what he's talkin about.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This thread is LOL. As a fellow Shocker Alum (class of 2009, baby!), I can only hope my pops (class of 1976), other alumni family members (too many to count, including a brother currently attending), or any other classmates of mine aren't the ones that post on this board, because frankly, it makes WSU fans look like a bunch of a-holes, and I'd be a little embarrassed for them. No respect for anybody in any sport, and it gets a little old, and it is extremely petty. Set up a pay board where you can disrespect and make up cute little nicknames for every other school in the country if you want to show that side of WSU fandom, but otherwise, expect to have people come over here all the time and enjoy the schadenfraude that this thread so richly deserved. And spare me the "we're just giving back what other people come over here and give" stuff. It isn't true and you know it. Again, get a pay board, or deal with the disrespect you brought on yourselves.

Comment

• And also, spare me the "YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE POST" line. I've never, ever felt the need to post on anything because I don't live on message boards, hence, a new account. It is possible to read threads for years and years and actually talk to other fans without message boards, hence, the single (and now second) post.

Comment

• I hope the answer to this question is someone like Kevin Hooper because I really like the guy, but at this point, I don't really care who it is, so long as Wichita State finds him. We need the Gregg Marshall of college baseball to come to Wichita whenever Gene's time is done. I'm sick of those who say, "Well, the big boys are now putting money into baseball, and WSU cannot compete anymore." Gregg doesn't have the resources that many power schools do, but that didn't stop him from handing out several BCS @$$ beatings in recent years and taking a "rebuilding" team to the Final Four. Wichita State has the capability to get back to Omaha. They were 2 one-run losses away in 2007 and one game away in 2008. That was awhile ago, but not that long ago. I refuse to believe that WSU will never, ever, ever, EVER be a player on the national college baseball scene ever again. We might not ever have a run of 5 CWS appearances in 6 years again, but being a regular super regional contender shouldn't be that horribly daunting. We need a coach who believes that and doesn't just pout "Woe is me." If only 1982 Gene could see this now. He'd beat the crap out of present-day Gene for being this whiny and pathetic.
                    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      I hope the answer to this question is someone like Kevin Hooper because I really like the guy, but at this point, I don't really care who it is, so long as Wichita State finds him. We need the Gregg Marshall of college baseball to come to Wichita whenever Gene's time is done. I'm sick of those who say, "Well, the big boys are now putting money into baseball, and WSU cannot compete anymore." Gregg doesn't have the resources that many power schools do, but that didn't stop him from handing out several BCS @$$ beatings in recent years and taking a "rebuilding" team to the Final Four. Wichita State has the capability to get back to Omaha. They were 2 one-run losses away in 2007 and one game away in 2008. That was awhile ago, but not that long ago. I refuse to believe that WSU will never, ever, ever, EVER be a player on the national college baseball scene ever again. We might not ever have a run of 5 CWS appearances in 6 years again, but being a regular super regional contender shouldn't be that horribly daunting. We need a coach who believes that and doesn't just pout "Woe is me." If only 1982 Gene could see this now. He'd beat the crap out of present-day Gene for being this whiny and pathetic.
                      This is an excellent post.

Comment

• Gotta give kudos to KSU Wildcats. They individually took off their jockstraps and stuffed them in BK's mouth.
                        Now he has some OU traitor red dirt and KSU stank breath.
                        Lets hope he can spit it all out tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by hanvalen View Post
                          This thread is LOL. As a fellow Shocker Alum (class of 2009, baby!), I can only hope my pops (class of 1976), other alumni family members (too many to count, including a brother currently attending), or any other classmates of mine aren't the ones that post on this board, because frankly, it makes WSU fans look like a bunch of a-holes, and I'd be a little embarrassed for them. No respect for anybody in any sport, and it gets a little old, and it is extremely petty. Set up a pay board where you can disrespect and make up cute little nicknames for every other school in the country if you want to show that side of WSU fandom, but otherwise, expect to have people come over here all the time and enjoy the schadenfraude that this thread so richly deserved. And spare me the "we're just giving back what other people come over here and give" stuff. It isn't true and you know it. Again, get a pay board, or deal with the disrespect you brought on yourselves.
                          This might be the post to top them all, folks.

It's WSU fans' fault that KSU isn't treated with respect here, despite the fact that KSU trolls invaded here first with their very lovely and respectful attitudes. WSU fans are assholes for letting KSU trolls come on to their board and begin systematically slamming WSU in every roundabout way possible. Very embarrassing for WSU and Shockernet to have KSU fans coming on to an opposing message board and expecting their buttholes to be royally licked. Because the KSU fans who began infiltrating the board and are currently obsessing their way over to the WICHITA STATE message board were perfect, respectful guests. They didn't start anything. They know that this a place where KSU athletics is cherished, not WSU. It's WSU fan's fault for not having a pay board to keep perfectly reasonable trolling fans away. Because it's not the trolls' fault when they come to an opposing message board expecting people to bend backwards over their team. It's WSU fans' fault. KSU trolls were forced to come here and read an opposing message board. It was expected to be pro-KSU, especially since every KSU fan that has posted here has been perfectly reasonable and has behaved like a genuine guest. WSU fans deserve disrespect on THEIR board. Afterall, this board was created to make KSU fans all warm and fuzzy inside. We all know it. I mean if you go to a goemaw.com message board, there's never any disrespect to the opponent. No, the KSU boards are not embarrassing and totally respectful to their opponents.

Did I get that all right?

This fanbase is the worst I've EVER seen on a message board. KU and Mizzou fans knew all along. But give them a taste of something their not used to, a little bit of winning, and here's the result. They invade opposing message boards demanding respect. That's the sign of a "real" program. You can tell they've been there before. I mean look at all the KU fans that posted here when they beat WSU this year. Oh wait. They're actually better than that. This is just apathetic on so many levels.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by hanvalen View Post
                            And also, spare me the "YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE POST" line. I've never, ever felt the need to post on anything because I don't live on message boards, hence, a new account. It is possible to read threads for years and years and actually talk to other fans without message boards, hence, the single (and now second) post.
                            LOL. CLASSIC.

Thanks for holding back and letting it all out on a WSU baseball board. You should be proud. EMAWHOO Nation should be proud as well of your well-put douchiness.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
                              Glad you enjoyed your time in Manhattan, or as ESPN is calling it "Title Town." The only thing we love more than the "scraps" (ie money) we pick up from OU and Texas is whooping their asses on the field/court, like we have been so often lately. Granted, beating the Shocks like a drum does not pay the big "scraps", but it's still pretty satisfying.

I'm curious though, now that Creighton has left the Valley, what is WSU going to do without their "scraps"?
                              I'm curious though, when Coach Snyder finally retires, what is KSU going to do without him working his magic? We saw what happened with Ron Prince.

Comment

• Does anyone know how many of K-State's runs were a direct result of either walks or hit-by-pitches?

Comment

Working...
                                X