Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna take a couple of touchdowns now.
    Kihle was the best WSU pitcher I saw today.

Wow.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Hopefully, BK is taking a cold shower. Hard to see him do a worse job getting the pitchers mentally prepared. I thought he was a mental guru.

Comment

• Welp, we'll see how AJ fares tomorrow. I'd rather see Garrett get the nod but we haven't heard anything about the staff deviating from the rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
          Starting pitching sets the tone for the game. Both starters were bad, WSU's was worse.

KSU really is not very good. Pitching, bleh. Fielding, ugh. Hitting, not bad vs. poor pitching.

Arkansas will win this regional. Book it.
          Yip - pitching wins championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
            Welp, we'll see how AJ fares tomorrow. I'd rather see Garrett get the nod but we haven't heard anything about the staff deviating from the rotation.
            I would also like to see Garrett get the call.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
              Welp, we'll see how AJ fares tomorrow. I'd rather see Garrett get the nod but we haven't heard anything about the staff deviating from the rotation.
              No and Kennedy mentioned that it would be AJ. That may not be all that bad if we get Bryant. IF we can get by them with AJ then we have Garrett ready to take on KSU or Arkansas with Kris available after that if we are lucky enough to get there.

Working your way through the loser's bracket after losing your 1st game in the Valley Tournament is one thing. Doing that in a regional is much tougher IMHO even though it requires 4 consecutive wins vs 5 in the Valley Tournament to get it done.

Hard to be optimistic about the Shock's chances. I just hope they come back with some pride and at least be competitive.

Comment

• At least we won the MVC tourney amirite?

Comment

• Did someone say something after WstateU? I stopped paying attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                    At least we won the MVC tourney amirite?
                    At least we have scoreboard over Westurban in terms of baseball facilities.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• For those of you in far away places, go here, if you want to see a train wreck.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I believe WSU also tied an NCAA record with six hit batters.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                          A touchdown and a field goal, then stop the student body sweeps and bombs over the middle and they are right back in this thing!
                          Even our baseball team is fixated on football. Putting up a football score in a baseball game is just stupid!

Comment

• Couple things after returning to the 316:

Congrats to KState. Those kids were really raking today, and frankly all year. I thought one (of several) recurring themes bit us time and time again. Our pitchers would get ahead and KSU would battle...often times 0-2 and have more than their share of success. Our kids just don't have any out pitches.

It was also a game of men vs boys. Our basketball team puts out men. Big strong men that can play. Our baseball team puts out weak, thin and mostly kids that can't hit a decent fastball. We need a weight program. I suspect KState's weakest player is stronger than all but 1 or 2 WSU players. It used to be that we liked to get kids that were a little smaller but faster than most other teams....not we just weaker and mostly slower players. This is a direct result of our coach no longer recruiting.

Gene's HORRIBLE decision to send Coy in the 1st was a game changer. It gave them unnecessary momentum. Even if he holds Coy and it's first and third and Micah strikes out next, it's not as bad as what happened. It was an awful decision and smacked of stubbornness, stupidity and desperation. Then Cale starts the FIRST flipping batter 0-2 and throws one right down main street. Mistake, mistake.......then the wheels came off with walks, defensive miscues, hit batters, wild pitches, lucky infield hits, passed balls....a comedy of errors.

But still, KState hit better and fielded better. Certainly they deserved to win. Maybe they'll win the regional, I don't know but if they allow Arkansas to score 11 I promise you they won't win.

Now, a few comments. I met only pleasant KSU fans. Most of them have no idea what baseball is, but they were friendly and courteous. I was a little disappointed in the turnout. It wasn't packed like I thought it would be. Maybe tomorrow night it will be.

KState fans trolling here. You have a nice team and a very good coach. Enjoy it, and while you're our guests, please act like it.

But as long as your being asses, here are some facts. Your stadium sucks. It's little league. You have no support. Without bleeding football money from OTHER programs (read Texas OU et al) you're broke. It's not your football program. You're a mouse picking up wonderful scraps from very fat cats. You have a scoreboard that Peabody-Burns would be embarrassed to turn on. That's scary embarrassing.

Congrats on cutting the margin to 20 all time against WSU. We have more CWS wins than you have NCAA wins. By a ton.

WSU baseball has been and will always be more relevant than KSU because you don't care.

Lastly, how do KState fans celebrate a National Championship?

Answer: Nobody knows. And nobody will ever know.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Couple things after returning to the 316:

Congrats to KState. Those kids were really raking today, and frankly all year. I thought one (of several) recurring themes bit us time and time again. Our pitchers would get ahead and KSU would battle...often times 0-2 and have more than their share of success. Our kids just don't have any out pitches.

It was also a game of men vs boys. Our basketball team puts out men. Big strong men that can play. Our baseball team puts out weak, thin and mostly kids that can't hit a decent fastball. We need a weight program. I suspect KState's weakest player is stronger than all but 1 or 2 WSU players. It used to be that we liked to get kids that were a little smaller but faster than most other teams....not we just weaker and mostly slower players. This is a direct result of our coach no longer recruiting.

Gene's HORRIBLE decision to send Coy in the 1st was a game changer. It gave them unnecessary momentum. Even if he holds Coy and it's first and third and Micah strikes out next, it's not as bad as what happened. It was an awful decision and smacked of stubbornness, stupidity and desperation. Then Cale starts the FIRST flipping batter 0-2 and throws one right down main street. Mistake, mistake.......then the wheels came off with walks, defensive miscues, hit batters, wild pitches, lucky infield hits, passed balls....a comedy of errors.

But still, KState hit better and fielded better. Certainly they deserved to win. Maybe they'll win the regional, I don't know but if they allow Arkansas to score 11 I promise you they won't win.

Now, a few comments. I met only pleasant KSU fans. Most of them have no idea what baseball is, but they were friendly and courteous. I was a little disappointed in the turnout. It wasn't packed like I thought it would be. Maybe tomorrow night it will be.

KState fans trolling here. You have a nice team and a very good coach. Enjoy it, and while you're our guests, please act like it.

But as long as your being asses, here are some facts. Your stadium sucks. It's little league. You have no support. Without bleeding football money from OTHER programs (read Texas OU et al) you're broke. It's not your football program. You're a mouse picking up wonderful scraps from very fat cats. You have a scoreboard that Peabody-Burns would be embarrassed to turn on. That's scary embarrassing.

Congrats on cutting the margin to 20 all time against WSU. We have more CWS wins than you have NCAA wins. By a ton.

WSU baseball has been and will always be more relevant than KSU because you don't care.

Lastly, how do KState fans celebrate a National Championship?

Answer: Nobody knows. And nobody will ever know.
                              Glad you enjoyed your time in Manhattan, or as ESPN is calling it "Title Town." The only thing we love more than the "scraps" (ie money) we pick up from OU and Texas is whooping their asses on the field/court, like we have been so often lately. Granted, beating the Shocks like a drum does not pay the big "scraps", but it's still pretty satisfying.

I'm curious though, now that Creighton has left the Valley, what is WSU going to do without their "scraps"?

Comment

• Probably continue going to Final Fours and stuff. When was your last visit to one?

Comment

Working...
                                X