This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs. KSU, REGIONAL Game Thread, Friday 2 PM CST on ESPNU

Things could not have played out better for us on Selection Monday. Very, very excited for this matchup!

Go Shox!!!

ETA: Links for team stats for KSU, Arkansas, Bryant and WSU below.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

KSU's .323 batting average is 2nd in the country. A 3.83 team ERA is pretty pedestrian. RPI of 18.

The Official Athletics Site for the University of Arkansas. Watch game highlights of Arkansas Razorbacks games online, get tickets to Razorback athletic events, and shop for official Arkansas Razorbacks gear in the team store.

Arkansas leads the nation with a 1.87 team ERA. .260 batting average, on the other hand, is subpar. RPI of 31.

Bryant, like the Shockers, offers a more balanced attack. .289 batting average and 2.63 team ERA. RPI of 45.

WSU sports a .294 batting average and 3.31 team ERA. RPI of 102.

Link to the overall bracket: http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/fi...ll_d1_2012.pdf
    Last edited by Guest; May 27, 2013, 01:37 PM.

Is there any active K-State baseball forum? Everything I find is pretty much crap. Either I'm just missing them or maybe now we know why the KSU trolls come here.

Comment

We have a 2-page thread already about our regional prospects and yet there isn't a single post on their forum regarding their team's no 1 seed and matchup.

I'm telling ya. Be prepared for more football talk than baseball talk while up there.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Some guy will walk and their fans will stand up and yell in unison, "FIRST DOWN".

Comment

It looks like games could be delayed if the weather forecast for Friday in Manhattan stays the way it is right now, The forecast calls for a 90% chance of thunderstorms Friday morning, dropping to 70% by noon.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Some guy will walk and their fans will stand up and yell in unison, "FIRST DOWN".
            LMFAO.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If any Wildcat fans are lurking, I'm curious on who they expect to throw on Friday. Their weekend rotation has been a revolving door. Their best sometimes-starter, Nate Williams, has been used mostly in middle relief recently.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Or their fans yelling "Come On Ref."

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                  If any Wildcat fans are lurking, I'm curious on who they expect to throw on Friday. Their weekend rotation has been a revolving door. Their best sometimes-starter, Nate Williams, has been used mostly in middle relief recently.
                  Curious if they'd rather face Bryant than the Shox. Shox will be a tough out if the bats are swinging like they did the past 4 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                    Or their fans yelling "Come On Ref."
                    A page from the Illinois State book of fandom.

This thread is like a powder keg and I'm just waiting for Veritas to light the match so I can sit back and watch the show.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Is there any active K-State baseball forum? Everything I find is pretty much crap. Either I'm just missing them or maybe now we know why the KSU trolls come here.
                      http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=26375.1075

Comment

In their last 4 regular season series, the Wildcats started Levi MaVorhis (RHP 5-0, 3.51) on Friday night. However, in the Big XII Tournament the Cats went with Blake McFadden (RHP 6-2, 4.04) in Game 1 against Texas Tech. MaVorhis was used in Game 2 against Baylor and fared poorly, lasting just 2.2 IP.

The other potential option is Joe Flattery (LHP 4-4, 4.02), KSU's Friday night guy before MaVorhis emerged in late April.

These are all guys that we can hit (MaVorhis and McFadden are both freshmen). Cale will obviously need to give us another solid effort on the bump against KSU's top-notch offense.

Comment

Congrats on winning the Valley Tournament. Unfortunately I have become a huge K-State fan ever since Chad May was the QB there. So I have to root for them. EMAW!

Comment

I'll bump this one up for an uncontested spike if anyone else wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                              Congrats on winning the Valley Tournament. Unfortunately I have become a huge K-State fan ever since Chad May was the QB there. So I have to root for them. EMAW!
                              The posters poking fun at their fans are right: you're a natural Wildcat. Didn't Chad May play football?

Thanks, GoShockers89. You can go ahead and serve now.

Comment

Working...
                              X