So this begs the question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Ah, now that you're faced with some realism in the form of opposition, you slowly begin to back into a corner.

There is no goal to make the AD look bad. It is what it is. If you read the original post by me without the feelings of an insecure girlfriend, none of this would had to ensue. So the blame, in the part, is in the mirror.

And besides, you've twisted and effed up so many "facts" to try to win, that now it's more about correcting your inaccuracies than it is about Sexton. You don't help your cause when you try to beef your argument up with all kinds of holes, fallacies, and inaccuracies.
    The bottom line is that the project was completed under Sexton. Given the recession, I think he deserves credit. So does GS, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReal3G View Post
      SASO Board has zero power. It is an advisory board, a sounding board. The ICAA Board has the power. I am on SASO and I get to hear ADES talk in circles once a month! :banghead:
      I was on the SASO Board too and I agree with power is the ICAA.

Oh, I had the opportunity to hear Jim Schaus speaking in patronizing circles.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Ah, now that you're faced with some realism in the form of opposition, you slowly begin to back into a corner.

There is no goal to make the AD look bad. It is what it is. If you read the original post by me without the feelings of an insecure girlfriend, none of this would had to ensue. So the blame, in the part, is in the mirror.

And besides, you've twisted and effed up so many "facts" to try to win, that now it's more about correcting your inaccuracies than it is about Sexton. You don't help your cause when you try to beef your argument up with all kinds of holes, fallacies, and inaccuracies.
        I don't think I've been inaccurate about anything. You may not agree with my opinion, but that doesn't make it inaccurate.

Fever, you seem to take almost every opportunity to criticize the current AD. If that isn't an attempt to make him look bad, then I don't know what is. As I said, I don't get it. You keep going back to his hiring - five years ago. Let it go already.

To show my objectivity, I do think Sexton could improve on his public speaking. And there have been issues with Shocker Vision and Clevin Hannah thing. Sexton has not been perfect. I think he is sometimes held to a standard that Jim Schaus was not held to - as Schaus was not perfect either.

While I understand the concerns about the current baseball situation, to me he has handled that fairly well. Not adding years to GS's contact is the right thing to do in my view. We'll see what happens after this season. I do believe things will get resolved this summer and not next year.

I should acknowledge that Fever seems to have lightened up a little after reviewing the list of the good things he's accomplished during his tenure. That's a start, I suppose. Good job!
        Last edited by ABC; May 14, 2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• As with politics, one person's truth is another's spin. It seems to be the same with personal opinions regarding ADES.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            Or you could check your facts. Who brought it home?
            Phase I was done under Jim Schaus as others have stated.

Phase II (the new turf, locker rooms and a few other items) wasn't fully funded and they were having trouble completing the fundrainsing to get it started. IIRC correctly there was some accounting slight of hand where they moved a pretty good chunk of money from the basketball budget over to the IPF fund in exchange for some additional student tickets to the basketball games or something along those lines. I don't think they were able to fully fund Phase II from donors. And some items were dropped and became Phase III.

I don't know how much I attribute the failure to fully fund Phase II to ADES. I think Gene deserves some of the responsibility for that being the situation.

Comment

• 72, phase I was completed under Sexton.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                As with politics, one person's truth is another's spin. It seems to be the same with personal opinions regarding ADES.
                Speaking of politics, maybe we should take a cue from the current regime in Washington and their media stenographers, and blame all criticism of Sexton on racism. Yeah, that's it! Just more racism percolating through our evil society.

Needless to say, that's not a defense of Cold's evil twin Fever, whose complaints I can't see unless someone quotes them. But really, the anti-Sexton stuff is just one of the themes he uses to launch his volleys of posts, and if anyone tires of them the easiest way to put out the fire is just to ignore them -- or do as I do, and Ignore everything he posts -- not to respond and refute. That just adds fuel.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Phase I was done under Jim Schaus as others have stated.

Phase II (the new turf, locker rooms and a few other items) wasn't fully funded and they were having trouble completing the fundrainsing to get it started. IIRC correctly there was some accounting slight of hand where they moved a pretty good chunk of money from the basketball budget over to the IPF fund in exchange for some additional student tickets to the basketball games or something along those lines. I don't think they were able to fully fund Phase II from donors. And some items were dropped and became Phase III.

I don't know how much I attribute the failure to fully fund Phase II to ADES. I think Gene deserves some of the responsibility for that being the situation.
                  The turf was part of Phase I not phase II and was completed under ADES.

WICHITA, Kan. ? Wichita State University (WSU) today announced the single-largest financial commitment to date for its Building Excellence for the Student-Athlete Campaign, as Bombardier-Learjet pledged a $1.2 million, multi-year contribution, for Phase One of WSU's practice facility expansion project.

Phase I of the project includes the 170’ x 170’ (29,000 square feet) Bombardier Learjet Practice Facility with artificial turf, full infield and retractable batting cages. The climate-controlled facility will be utilized during inclement weather by Shocker baseball as well as Shocker softball, track and golf teams. It will also be used for conditioning and training activities by all 15 sport programs. The initial phase includes the installation of a new artificial playing surface for infield and all areas behind home plate, in front of dugouts and outfield warning track.

However, to just say that Phase I was completed under ADES is not being totally transparent. A large portion of the funding was done under ADJS.

The Practice facility was completed December 2009. ADES started April 2008. Construction was done under ADES. To say anything but both ADs had a hand in Phase I is not telling the whole story.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                    To say anything but both ADs had a hand in Phase I is not telling the whole story.
                    Yes, that seems fair and accurate. Both ADs were also involved in the fundraising.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      I don't think I've been inaccurate about anything. You may not agree with my opinion, but that doesn't make it inaccurate.

Fever, you seem to take almost every opportunity to criticize the current AD. If that isn't an attempt to make him look bad, then I don't know what is. As I said, I don't get it. You keep going back to his hiring - five years ago. Let it go already.

To show my objectivity, I do think Sexton could improve on his public speaking. And there have been issues with Shocker Vision and Clevin Hannah thing. Sexton has not been perfect. I think he is sometimes held to a standard that Jim Schaus was not held to - as Schaus was not perfect either.

While I understand the concerns about the current baseball situation, to me he has handled that fairly well. Not adding years to GS's contact is the right thing to do in my view. We'll see what happens after this season. I do believe things will get resolved this summer and not next year.

I should acknowledge that Fever seems to have lightened up a little after reviewing the list of the good things he's accomplished during his tenure. That's a start, I suppose. Good job!
                      Uh, you've been inaccurate about coaching hires, giving projects credit for someone else, just to name a few.

Not really. It was brought up before I entered this topic so I offered up my opinion about it. When something negative happens with the athletic department, I'm not gonna bat an eye and pretend like it's CandyLand here. Sorry that you can't see this. Maybe you should be the one to let innocent, differing opinions go.

Mr. Schaus was not perfect but he's left a big hole for Mr. Sexton to fill, and it has yet to be filled. Again, I never called for an AD firing. I'm just offering my opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

He's done good things, but he's also effed up a lot of things. Again, he'll make his presence known with what happens with baseball.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        Needless to say, that's not a defense of Cold's evil twin Fever, whose complaints I can't see unless someone quotes them. But really, the anti-Sexton stuff is just one of the themes he uses to launch his volleys of posts, and if anyone tires of them the easiest way to put out the fire is just to ignore them -- or do as I do, and Ignore everything he posts -- not to respond and refute. That just adds fuel.
                        Same old shtick. You always read my posts. You constantly talk about them and your obsession with me being on your "ignore list", which clearly you've demonstrated to be quite useful, considering you can't keep my name off your keyboard. That's multiple name drops in just the last few days by you.

Get another hobby.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Wow! Almost 70 posts ago I warned BEWARE THE TROLL. Fever has nothing but personal attacks on other posters. It gets a little scary when he begins stalking, and claims to know who Shockernetters are on other boards. Personally, I feel sorry for the dude. What a miserable, angry life he must lead. But that really does not excuse multiple violations of the "terms of use".

Comment

• Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
                            Wow! Almost 70 posts ago I warned BEWARE THE TROLL. Fever has nothing but personal attacks on other posters. It gets a little scary when he begins stalking, and claims to know who Shockernetters are on other boards. Personally, I feel sorry for the dude. What a miserable, angry life he must lead. But that really does not excuse multiple violations of the "terms of use".
                            This post demonstrates the reaction of "getting owned".

You aren't a Shockernetter, kevkan. You're a worthless troll now talking repeatedly about me over multiple sports forums on this site. Why are you giving me the attention that I crave?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                              1972 Shocker, since you questioned the number of season tickets WSU sold this spring at 800, I went back to check my source. I realize I'm getting this 2nd hand, but the course is the WSU Baseball booster club. One of the members told me this. You are free to ask a Booster club member to review the number, of course.
                              I don't know any booster club members but according to Paul Suellentrop's article:

Season-ticket sales are down from 2,885 in 2008 to 2,012. A skybox in Eck Stadium has been unsold the past two seasons. This season’s average attendance of 2,654

Comment

• This begs to question

With us now getting into the tournament, do we still can gene?

Comment

Working...
                                X