So this begs the question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• And ES has been unable to raise funds for Phase II. Phase I was funded under JS. Again, check your facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        That's the best you could do AB?

I think that response was worthy of a white flag..
        When you have an opportunity, maybe you could post the letter you sent to the SASO Board, the WSU President, the Foundation President and anyone else about your disappointment with the results from the Athletic Dept during Sexton's tenure. That would be a interesting to read. Maybe I would learning something from it.

Comment

• Remember the Practice Facility was just phase 1 of the renovation and it got funded while JS was AD. Phase 2 should have been funded and completed by now, but nothing has moved on it since Sexton took over. You can blame other factors like the economy, but the facts are phase 1 was funded (under JS) and phase 2 hasn't been (under Sexton).

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReal3G View Post
            And ES has been unable to raise funds for Phase II. Phase I was funded under JS. Again, check your facts.
            Oops, you beat me too it. It looks like you posted this, while I was typing essentially the same thing.

Comment

And ES has been unable to raise funds for Phase II. Phase I was funded under JS. Again, check your facts.
              When was the facility announced, and then was it actually built? Bombardier took a step back after the recession.

What was phase II? Was it Sexton's fault? Or maybe Stephenson's stalking allegation or the lack of on-field performance? Just curious.

I realize it is only a few Shockernet posters here, but what is the goal of making our current AD look bad?

I don't get it.

Comment

• Not trying to make him look bad. I wanted to clarify something you said was fact. Now the facts are stated. FYI you don't go through a silent phase and then announce a major gift and have press conference and all and then postpone. Additional funds were raised through student fees. So the money was there. Only 150 or so donors contributed. Phase 1 was JS and Phase 2... Clock is running.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  When you have an opportunity, maybe you could post the letter you sent to the SASO Board, the WSU President, the Foundation President and anyone else about your disappointment with the results from the Athletic Dept during Sexton's tenure. That would be a interesting to read. Maybe I would learning something from it.
                  Nah, you're not high enough on the list to view it, not to mention your comprehension skills would cause further trouble with it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• SASO Board has zero power. It is an advisory board, a sounding board. The ICAA Board has the power. I am on SASO and I get to hear ADES talk in circles once a month! :banghead:

Comment

When was the facility announced, and then was it actually built? Bombardier took a step back after the recession.

What was phase II? Was it Sexton's fault? Or maybe Stephenson's stalking allegation or the lack of on-field performance? Just curious.

I realize it is only a few Shockernet posters here, but what is the goal of making our current AD look bad?

I don't get it.
                      Ah, now that you're faced with some realism in the form of opposition, you slowly begin to back into a corner.

There is no goal to make the AD look bad. It is what it is. If you read the original post by me without the feelings of an insecure girlfriend, none of this would had to ensue. So the blame, in the part, is in the mirror.

And besides, you've twisted and effed up so many "facts" to try to win, that now it's more about correcting your inaccuracies than it is about Sexton. You don't help your cause when you try to beef your argument up with all kinds of holes, fallacies, and inaccuracies.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I am on SASO and I get to hear ADES talk in circles once a month! :banghead:
                        I've heard through the grapevine that isn't a very important attribute of an AD.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Tell me what any other AD would have said publicly. Regardless, it is one thing.
                          Good grief man... Is that something you learned in high school debate?
                          Ok then.... Instead , you tell me what AD would have reacted in the manner as ADES faced with the same situation?

You need to take a few deep breaths.

Comment

• The talk of JS versus ES with regards to Phase 1 and Phase 2 of Eck expansion is unfair. Phase 1 was bought and paid for in between two SR appearances (2007 and 2008). Anyone could have sold that to the money boosters. The WSU community was long primed for SOMETHING outside of just another regional appearance, after missing out on anything substantial since the 1996 CWS. The current dynamics of the program say that raising money for another expensive expansion is a tough sell bordering on the irrational in likelihood.

I'm far from a cheerleader for ES, but wasn't his previous specialty shaking out the pocketbooks of high-end donors? Seems he's done pretty damn well in this regard, as our men's basketball coach now makes nearly as much as the entire men's basketball budget of several of our conference mates. 3G made something like $1.75M out of this past year; In JS's last year he would have made close to half that, I'm guessing. I have my own criticisms of ES, but raising financial support is not one of them, nor will it ever likely be such.
                            Last edited by SHOCKvalue; May 14, 2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Not trying to make him look bad. I wanted to clarify something you said was fact. Now the facts are stated. FYI you don't go through a silent phase and then announce a major gift and have press conference and all and then postpone. Additional funds were raised through student fees. So the money was there. Only 150 or so donors contributed. Phase 1 was JS and Phase 2... Clock is running.
                              didnt gene do the majority of his fund raising before?
                              Last edited by lostshocker; May 14, 2013, 10:16 AM. Reason: punctuation, grammar, and capitalization check

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                                Good grief man... Is that something you learned in high school debate?
                                Ok then.... Instead , you tell me what AD would have reacted in the manner as ADES faced with the same situation?

You need to take a few deep breaths.
                                No, it is a serious question. What do you think another AD would have said publicly? I don't think Schaus would have done anything any differently.

I don't think there is a perfect way to handle it. Coaches get fined for publicly criticizing officials. Does the same rules apply to ADs?

Your suggestion that he not say anything might be the right answer, though I imagine it would be difficult to say nothing after being hounded by the press.
                                Last edited by ABC; May 14, 2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X