No announcement yet.

Shox vs. Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time in a while we have more visitors to the baseball forum than the basketball forum.

I'm not sure what that means.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I may have to change the ORU game from a toss up to a loss after that....the hangover from this loss may linger a little bit....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rookie WuShock View Post
        I may have to change the ORU game from a toss up to a loss after that....the hangover from this loss may linger a little bit....
        Plus we used up most of our relief pitching. Garrett Brummett really needs to pitch well tomorrow for the Shox to have a chance.

Comment

• It's interesting that Mike and Shane don't hold back in their criticism of the decisions made on the field. They sound like fans...I enjoy the honesty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxbaby View Post
            Tonight the shockers will show that they are still the kings of the Midwest. I'm predicting a big win tonight in Stillwater. Kris's velo has been way up in his bullpens I have heard. Good velo+cold weather=kris back to being dominant. 11-3 shox will win it tonight
            Please don't provide any stock tips?
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bri-man View Post
              It's interesting that Mike and Shane don't hold back in their criticism of the decisions made on the field. They sound like fans...I enjoy the honesty.
              Yeah you don't hear that much from most college play by play announcers and color guys. They are usually such big homers that they would never criticize decisions like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxbaby View Post
                Just pure knowledge of the game.
                Dofo, is this you?
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I think we had a pretty solid moral victory percentage going into this game. We had the moral victory locked up in the bottom of the 8th but blew it by going to extra innings. Kind of feel like this game puts us back to zero. Lets hope Gene takes that UNT job or the Shocker faithful will elect to keep the name of a pedophile for our stadium name instead of renaming it in honor of a man who once was a legend of the game.

Comment

• Any one else notice that shortly after being named to the SS award watch list last year that Dayne Parker stopped playing SS for the most part? And, ever since Tyler Baker was added to the Johnny Bench Award watch list this year, he has primarily become a 3rd baseman? And, we don't bunt with 2 on and nobody out in a tie game in the 12th?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                      I think we had a pretty solid moral victory percentage going into this game. We had the moral victory locked up in the bottom of the 8th but blew it by going to extra innings. Kind of feel like this game puts us back to zero. Lets hope Gene takes that UNT job or the Shocker faithful will elect to keep the name of a pedophile for our stadium name instead of renaming it in honor of a man who once was a legend of the game.
                      Actually I am tired of moral victories. We have had plenty of those. We need some real victories. WSU had a chance to get one tonight. And blew it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Kinda hard to believe OSU is burning their closer against WSU. He's been out there a long time tonight. Time to make them pay.
                        That is pretty amazing. He ended up pitching 5 1/3 innings. That is a crazy thing to do to your closer in ANY game. But in a meaningless non-conference midweek game?, that is really bizarre.

Comment

• I didn't realize this was an off weekend for OSU in the Big12.

With Rutgers, Nebraska and Creighton coming in for single games, they probably figured this was the toughest game to get all week and used their best reliever. Especially since they won, no harm done.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                            That is pretty amazing. He ended up pitching 5 1/3 innings. That is a crazy thing to do to your closer in ANY game. But in a meaningless non-conference midweek game?, that is really bizarre.
                            To OSU it is not a meaningless game, they are playing to be an NCAA at-large team and they were desperate to avoid a loss at home to bad RPI team. You worry about the game at hand and winning it. Next game will take care of itself.

Interesting, WSU was recruiting Brendan McCurry out of HS and he was more of hitter at JC than a pitcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              So Shane is still the DOO for Shocker baseball. I can't believe he's calling his boss dumb. Is he saying the players are missing signs? Can someone help me out here?
                              Everybody has their breaking point I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bri-man View Post
                                He's going to say whatever he wants and NOBODY is going to call him on his s***. There is zero accountability. Do you expect to hear an honest discussion about his decisions?
                                Were you not listening to Shane Dennis on the radio? Doesn't get much more honest than that. The decision has been made that Gene's time is coming to an end. The only question is will it be at the end of his season or next.

Comment

Working...
                                X