Shox vs. Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. Cowboys

Shox face the #24 ranked Okie State Cowboys (27-11, rpi 76) on Tuesday night, weather permitting. The Shox will start Kris Gardner.

On a side note, Gene said during his coaches show tonight that the reason WSU got Drew Palmer from Osu was that they had signed 53 players and the ncaa only allows a team to carry 37, so they had to cut 16 guys that they had signed and Drew Palmer was one of them.

He also said that many OK players will be starting for the Shox against Okie State.
    Last edited by shox1989; April 23, 2013, 08:26 PM.

Gene also mentioned that WSU will be at a little bit of a disadvantage on Wednesday when they play ORU. He said that when they originally scheduled the game both teams were to play 5 games this week. ORU was suppose to play at Ku on Tuesday and then play WSU on Wednesday on their way home.

But Ku announced today that they have cancelled Tuesday's game with ORU due to POSSIBLE bad weather on Tuesday. He also said that WSU will start Garrett Brummett on Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      Gene also mentioned that WSU will be at a little bit of a disadvantage on Wednesday when they play ORU. He said that when they originally scheduled the game both teams were to play 5 games this week. ORU was suppose to play at Ku on Tuesday and then play WSU on Wednesday on their way home.

But Ku announced today that they have cancelled Tuesday's game with ORU due to POSSIBLE bad weather on Tuesday. He also said that WSU will start Garrett Brummett on Wednesday.
      Great Gene making excuses before the game is even played. He wouldn't have done this 15 years ago

Comment

The current weather in Stillwater: 38 degrees, North wind at 20 mph, wind chill of 27 degrees. There has been light rain in the area all day (but just cloudy right now). Yep, sounds like perfect Shocker baseball weather.

Comment

Tonight the shockers will show that they are still the kings of the Midwest. I'm predicting a big win tonight in Stillwater. Kris's velo has been way up in his bullpens I have heard. Good velo+cold weather=kris back to being dominant. 11-3 shox will win it tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxbaby View Post
            Tonight the shockers will show that they are still the kings of the Midwest. I'm predicting a big win tonight in Stillwater. Kris's velo has been way up in his bullpens I have heard. Good velo+cold weather=kris back to being dominant. 11-3 shox will win it tonight
            I'll have two of whatever you're on.

Comment

Just pure knowledge of the game.

Comment

Kris' girlfriend perhaps?

I'll go streaking through the quad if they score 11 runs tonight (but only if KFC is still open).

Comment

The pre-game show is now on the radio, so it looks like the game is still a go.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Kris' girlfriend perhaps?

I'll go streaking through the quad if they score 11 runs tonight (but only if KFC is still open).
                    Either that or an actual member of the team. It wouldn't surprise me to see members of the team on their phones in the dugout before or during actual games. So many distractions nowadays..
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shane is on the radio with Mike. I figured he would be on the Tv broadcast.

Comment

Lead off hitter - strikes out looking. [sigh]

Comment

Okay I guess the reason Shane is on the radio is that tonight's game is NOT on COX 22. For some reason I had this game marked on my calendar as being a TV game.

Comment

Okay I guess the TV schedule got changed after they did their press release. This press release says tonight's game is on COX 22:

WICHITA, Kan. ? Seven Wichita State baseball games during the 2013 season will be televised on Cox Communications' Kansas 22 that expands Shocker baseball coverage throughout the state of Kansas, Director of Athletics Eric Sexton announced Feb. 7.

Comment

Gardner hits the first batter. According to Mike K, the batter didn't lean into it, Kris just hit him.

Comment

Working...
                              X