Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predictions for Super Regionals?

Comment

Evansville is better than you think. They split 4 games with Indiana State (all 4 were 1 or 2 run games), beat Indiana, beat SEMO (tourney team that eliminated Arkansas) and lost at Kentucky. They shouldn't be terribly overwhelmed, although Tennessee at Tennessee is a few levels up. I'll be cheering for the Purple Pimps to have a puncher's chance at the big upset, but this is likely to be done by early Saturday afternoon.

Florida State is 30-4 at home. But if there's a team that won't be intimidated on the road, it's UCONN. Very well coached, tough as nails and road tested. Auburn, Indiana State, UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, Duke, Oklahoma....for starters. I expect this to go 3 and maybe FSU sneaks through to Omaha.

Kansas State travels to Virginia. Complete toss up in my opinion. KState is really hitting the ball, but it's a well coached and solid Virginia side. I'll take a hot KState team, but no outcome will surprise me.

West Virginia at North Carolina I never think West Virginia is any good but they always seem to win. Still, I'm going with Carolina here if for no other reason than they aren't Grand Canyon.

Oregon at Texas A&M Good run by the Ducks but it will end in College Station. The Aggies are there to do work.

Oregon State at Kentucky The Beavers probably have the best player in the NCAAs and it just might be enough to knockoff the SEC in Lexington.

Florida at Clemson I think Clemson is just better than Florida. The Gators are tough and were great in Norman but I don't think it continues. Tigers in 2.

NC State at Georgia The Wolfpack will ride Penny and Makarawicz to an upset over UGA.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Predictions for Super Regionals?
        No predictions but just rooting for the SEC 0-for. That obviously requires some kind of special from a Valley school.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Florida State is 30-4 at home.
          If they have gone 30-4 at home, then they went 2-24 in away/neutral games. Kinda sucky that they can ONLY win at home, isn't it?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If they have gone 30-4 at home, then they went 2-24 in away/neutral games. Kinda sucky that they can ONLY win at home, isn't it?
            Florida State is 45-15 overall, so your numbers seem to be off.
            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Florida State is 45-15 overall, so your numbers seem to be off.
              Ohhhh.... I was thinking Florida not Florida State.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Or Florida State could just beat the ever loving crap out of the northern team. 24-3 in the 8th.

UE just ran the Tennessee starter (they do a lot of Johnny Wholestaff anyway) as McGuinness goes yard for the 2-1 Purple Pimp lead, only in the top of the 2nd.

Comment

Tennessee pulling away, fairly spirited effort by EVille the first six innings or so.

Comment

UNC walks off West Virginia. SP for West Virginia threw 133 pitches. Finally replaced when he gave up the tying HR.

UVA leads KState 7-4 after 7 innings.

Comment

• Just throwing this out there.....We played 3 games against the Charlottesville Regional teams. One of them is going to Omaha.

28 total innings. Our guys led most of those innings. And in fact, we handed all 3 games to our opponents with silly errors, dropped flies and death by paper cut innings.

I'm not saying we're better than Virginia and KState, but our guys were right there, competing, often times winning, just couldn't get it done late.

It's fun to at least be a part of the process again. I hope we can build upon this.

Comment

• UConn and Evansville trying hard to extend their seasons but both trail.

UConn down 6-4 in the bottom of the 6th but have a chance to pull even or better with the bases load and 2 out.

Evansville trails 5-4 in the 5th.

NC State and former Shocker Garrett Pennington plated 11 in the top of the 2nd to lead Georgia 11-0.

Comment

• Great pitching lesson. DO NOT PITCH FROM BEHIND.

FSU pitcher gets cute and goes 2-0 to UConn's best hitter with the bases full. Has to throw a strike, and Luke Broadhurst for UConn does not miss it. Just missed a granny by an inch off the top of the wall and it's a 3 run double and the Huskies lead 7-6.

4 hit day and 6 RBI for the young man....so far.

NC State 12 Georgia 0 Bottom 3

FSU 6 UConn 7 Bottom 7

Tennessee 5 Evansville 6 Top 6

On cue, the Purple Pimps score 3 to take the lead and the ump immediately squeezes the UE pitcher. UT has 2 on via walks with just one out. Looks to be a big inning. UE looks out of the inning.

UT trying to get umps to cheat on the last call. Clearly out at 1B. UT challenging. He's out. Let's see what they say. OUT. Awesome, at least they got the call right...twice.

6-5 going to the bottom of the 6th. Sneader is in for the Vols.
                          Last edited by WuDrWu; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Karma, Nate Snead.

Umpires trying to f u c k Evansville as much as possible.

Evansville up 10-5.
                            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Eville beats Tennessee and their $10 mil payroll. Will probably get cooked tomorrow but still humorous.

Comment

• Florida State punches its ticket to Omaha with a 12-10 12-inning win over UConn.

Comment

Working...
                                X