2024 Wichita State Baseball Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I think what Fever is asking is how are they keeping their players and staying competitive on a national level? Terre Haute doesn't seem like an NIL gold mine. I don't have time to dive into their roster over the past 3-4 years to study player history. Where is the ISUB poster that used to show up here on occasion?
    I would conjecture with:

1. Culture of winning established in the program.
    2. Depth of talent on the team where every position is covered with quality players and there is depth of roster where there other players able to step into holes that open up.

WSU doesn't even have enough talent to fill every need on the field, in the bull pen and starting pitching. Recruiting for next year won't be building depth, but trying to fill holes.

Comment

• I would imagine DWill’s lack of late season PT and his slump put a bad taste in his mouth to end the year
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
        I would imagine DWill’s lack of late season PT and his slump put a bad taste in his mouth to end the year
        Yes, that was an unfortunate last couple of weeks for both sides of that relationship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Yes, that was an unfortunate last couple of weeks for both sides of that relationship.
          Figure he'll take the 'Vornado' route and kill it in the little apple..
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I think what Fever is asking is how are they keeping their players and staying competitive on a national level? Terre Haute doesn't seem like an NIL gold mine. I don't have time to dive into their roster over the past 3-4 years to study player history. Where is the ISUB poster that used to show up here on occasion?
            Dude here's what we do ...

We set up our own transfer portal website. Let's call it "The National Conglomerate of Athletics Acquisitions Transfer Portal and NIL Exchange" (The NCAA Transfer Portal and NIL Exchange).

You be the Athletics Dictator and I'll be the Chief Excuse Officer.

Now we send a message directly to each of our own players to encourage them to "test the waters" by signing up directly at "The NCAA Transfer Portal and NIL Exchange" website by scanning this QR code. They'll think they signed up for the REAL portal!

Next we simply blackhole most of the registrants. But guys like Tommy, we contact them as if we're "this coach" and "that coach" but lowball them with a few hundred bucks for the year and "sorry we're out of scholarships, but let us know if you are still interested." Also just consistently tell them their situation at WSU is too good to consider changing and that we recommend them to contact their own coach about NIL opportunities instead of leaving.

I'm guessing we only get 2 to 3 years at a white collar joint for this, where we golf and have some good laughs about it?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Add Will Stark to the list. Saw it pop on his twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr_baseball View Post
                It really makes you question wether or not its even worth caring anymore. Imagine if pro sports let guys be free agents every season. It would be a dumpster fire. If something doesnt change it really becomes pointless for small schools to foot the bill for atheltics. Fans dont want to show up to watch intramurals.
                College sports has a real weekend travel ball tournament team feel to it. I mean really who cares?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

The problem here is that 4 of those guys were highly predicable to still be good elsewhere (Tolle, Candiotti, Pennington, Ingram) and they were good or great in better league presumably getting more money than playing at WSU. LaPour, to me, projects much more like those guys than like Adler/Minor/Herring.
                  For every Tolle, there are ten guys who were no better or even worse off transferring. Those are guys that could be making a difference had they stayed instead they got caught up in the trend. That’s my point although I didn’t explain it very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Dude here's what we do ...

We set up our own transfer portal website. Let's call it "The National Conglomerate of Athletics Acquisitions Transfer Portal and NIL Exchange" (The NCAA Transfer Portal and NIL Exchange).

You be the Athletics Dictator and I'll be the Chief Excuse Officer.

Now we send a message directly to each of our own players to encourage them to "test the waters" by signing up directly at "The NCAA Transfer Portal and NIL Exchange" website by scanning this QR code. They'll think they signed up for the REAL portal!

Next we simply blackhole most of the registrants. But guys like Tommy, we contact them as if we're "this coach" and "that coach" but lowball them with a few hundred bucks for the year and "sorry we're out of scholarships, but let us know if you are still interested." Also just consistently tell them their situation at WSU is too good to consider changing and that we recommend them to contact their own coach about NIL opportunities instead of leaving.

I'm guessing we only get 2 to 3 years at a white collar joint for this, where we golf and have some good laughs about it?
                    I’m all about spoofed websites with front facing servers that steal information.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

You do realize, don't you, that you attempt to mock me by laughing at the notion that I might ever use discretion, then, within 50 words, complain that I exercised it when I didn't answer your questions?

That defines "typical".
                      You do realize don’t you that discretion is defined as
                      the quality of behaving or speaking in such a way as to avoid causing offense or revealing private information.

If you had private information and decide not to share it, then why send out teasers that never come to fruition. It’s because YOU DON’T HAVE IT but want us to think you do. Hence the name Nostradamus.

Give me YOUR opinion on #71 and #75

I do enjoy your research though. It’s always nice to have a gopher in the organization. You got that going for you.
                      Atta Boy (or girl)

Comment

• Phil Stephenson said he had it on good authority that NIL collectives contacted Chloe Barber during the season. KB doesn’t seem like the type that would put up with that nonsense.

Can you imagine that happening when Marshall was coaching? If he was ready to knee cap some student for parking in his spot, think about the holy hell he would unleash on those low lifes. God, I miss him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Updated List culled from the portal and/or the players own X feed:

Williams
                          Fettinger
                          Bledsoe
                          Pantier
                          LaPour
                          Birge
                          Zayas
                          Oswald
                          Geraghty
                          Parker Jr.
                          Agnew

Charlotte 4

ECU 2

FAU 3

Memphis 3

Rice 5

Tulane 5

UAB 9

USF 9

UTSA 8
                          Disappointing to see certain names on that list, but the quantity doesn’t surprise me. It will take a few years for the coaches to fine tune their recruiting harvest. Hoping LaPour is simply seeing if there are any better opportunities but decides to stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

the quality of behaving or speaking in such a way as to avoid causing offense or revealing private information.

If you had private information and decide not to share it, then why send out teasers that never come to fruition. It’s because YOU DON’T HAVE IT but want us to think you do. Hence the name Nostradamus.

I do enjoy your research though. It’s always nice to have a gopher in the organization. You got that going for you.
                            Atta Boy (or girl)
                            So like when he told everyone after the 2006 season that Turgeon was staying for the next season and he did……that type of fruition?
                            If I was bored I could look back and give you at least a dozen more examples of what he said was an accurate knowledge based prediction of an event in Shocker athletics. I get you don’t like the “talking in code” part, but he has been plenty spot on with most of it.

Comment

Atta Boy (or girl)
                              S T F U

Comment

Give me YOUR opinion on "Shocker" topics and topdog post

Atta Boy (or girl)
                                He sends out the teaser so that those of us that are interested know to PM him for the scoop, because he's not going to publicly post it. Sometimes I bite and ask, because I am genuinely interested in the conversation/player/happening and just want to know, other times I don't care about the particular topic he's talking about so I don't bother. He doesn't just spam a big list of people that may not care about a specific topic.

And since you're a long time poster with credibility here he would probably share with you right along with others he trusts, but instead of asking him in a DM what in the heck he's talking about you take the opposite approach and publicly harass him. But honestly I like your Nostradamus posts and think they're funny as heck so I hope you keep ribbing him. LOL

But believe me, HE DOES HAVE IT.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X