2024 Wichita State Baseball Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

IF you’re a great player, you’re silly not to explore.

BUT if you explore, you should start with a conversation with your current coach with a plan in place. Free until X day to explore and return but after that day, you will be replaced.

It’s asset management. And they made it that way. Anyone who doesn’t, shut the door behind them and move on.
    Idk about any of that. Once they’re in the portal, assuming no coaching change, they’re almost always gone.

Don’t get me wrong, there are legit reasons to look around. And there are going to be successes financially and on the field from it. There are examples of guys last year that thrived elsewhere.

But, if things are going well and you like your trajectory, there are plenty of major positives in staying, too. There are also plenty of guys who left last year who regressed big time.

As a lot have pointed out, grass isn’t always greener.

And the second you have your name in the portal, you've lost something with your current school.

Comment

• There is LaPour in officially in article from TE.

I would be lying if I didn't say that is pretty disappointing. Someone who signed with Green, had a great season developmentally on a decent team that is seemingly on the uptick... Gone on the first day.

If we cannot somewhat compete financially we are doomed.
      Last edited by ShockerExpress; June 4, 2024, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

There is LaPour in officially in article from TE.

I would be lying if I didn't say that is pretty disappointing. Someone to signed with Green, had a great season developmentally on a decent team that is seemingly on the uptick... Gone on the first day.

If we cannot somewhat compete financially we are doomed.

Comment

• Not surprising at all, but also very lame. I'm not sure I'm going to care much longer if this is the way of things.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Guessing he goes to Oklahoma or somewhere like that and implodes like have minor did. The grass isn’t always greener.

Comment

• LaPour is not at all like Minor. He's going to have success and lots of it wherever he ends up, imo.

And I'm not kicking dirt on the kid. If big money was on the table for me at 19yo, I might have taken a look as well. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do as a fan. Not a lot left in it for me if my favorite team is now officially a 3rd-tier semi-pro team where every player is a free agent after every season.

LaPour was kindof the test case for me on if this rebuild was ever gonna happen. He had other offers and chose WSU. He was given every opportunity and made the most of it, improving throughout the season into one of the best pitchers in the conference. He was the presumptive returning ace of a team seemingly on the rise, certainly with a chance to compete for a league title and maybe with some luck finally another regional. Looked like he was invested and had good relationships with his teammates (hard to actually tell this from my place in the cheap seats). I assume he was as much of a NIL-funds priority to Green and WSU as they could afford for him to be.

If we can't keep a player of that caliber when it seems like most things about the situation are at least mildly favorable to WSU, then I'm just not sure how it ever happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  LaPour is not at all like Minor. He's going to have success and lots of it wherever he ends up, imo.

And I'm not kicking dirt on the kid. If big money was on the table for me at 19yo, I might have taken a look as well. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do as a fan. Not a lot left in it for me if my favorite team is now officially a 3rd-tier semi-pro team where every player is a free agent after every season.

LaPour was kindof the test case for me on if this rebuild was ever gonna happen. He had other offers and chose WSU. He was given every opportunity and made the most of it, improving throughout the season into one of the best pitchers in the conference. He was the presumptive returning ace of a team seemingly on the rise, certainly with a chance to compete for a league title and maybe with some luck finally another regional. Looked like he was invested and had good relationships with his teammates (hard to actually tell this from my place in the cheap seats). I assume he was as much of a NIL-funds priority to Green and WSU as they could afford for him to be.

If we can't keep a player of that caliber when it seems like most things about the situation are at least mildly favorable to WSU, then I'm just not sure how it ever happens.
                  Couldn’t agree more on all accounts.

There are guys you have to throw the kitchen sink at to keep people invested. I gave extra NIL to baseball, now I’m just wondering why I’m doing it.

It’s raw right now and there’s still positives here, but it just sucks. Also, haven’t really heard from Green at all since last week. I think someone said he was on KGSO? Why hasn’t he done any actual media?

Comment

• This sucks. When they leave for NIL I hope they play like **** wherever they transfer to

Comment

• College Athletics are now just minor league sports. I vote for getting rid of scholarships and just make the players employees of the university. No more SASO or any of that. If this is the direction things are headed, time to treat WSU athletics like a semi pro team. It totally sucks but it is what it is.

Comment

• LaSigh ....

Comment

• It’s no fun, but it happens to every program on every level not just us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                            College Athletics are now just minor league sports. I vote for getting rid of scholarships and just make the players employees of the university. No more SASO or any of that. If this is the direction things are headed, time to treat WSU athletics like a semi pro team. It totally sucks but it is what it is.
                            It is worse than minor league sports. Tampering condoned, no contractual obligations, money spent as a hobby not for business reasons.

Comment

• I have, and probably will for awhile at least, questioned the idea of recruiting less than top talented players.

I'm guessing within a year or so I will look back and admit how stupid this stance was.

I'm so tired of this crap, after just a few seasons. Why can't adults get this right?

Comment

• I'm about to have a Clark Griswold type meltdown...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X