No announcement yet.

2024 Wichita State Baseball Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad for omitting HH. Definitely a piece.

Comment

It’s nonsense to say “oh he just wants his guys.” This team has clearly bought in and is in line with the staff. Him wanting kids who want to be here should not be misconstrued as he wants “his guys”. In the NIL world there will always be kids who are putting themselves first and trying to find that green grass which we know and have seen is not always there. Not sure how many tales of this it will take before they realize it. They also likely have parents and yes people in their circles telling them to chase the “bag”, which is a whole other issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think that's a pretty good number.

As I said I hope we can keep the majority of the guys we want to keep.

If not, and this continues for too many more years I probably won't really care.
        I hope it's around 10.....

Comment

I like Holmes. I think it would be great if he stayed, and I hope he does. I'm just saying if I have a pretty limited NIL bag, he's not very close to the top of the list for me.

I'm going after LaPour and some of these freshmen pieces that could form the core of the first tourney team in 15 years (Livingston/Durnin/Johnson/Haworth). Then I try to throw enough at some of the upper classmen to show I appreciate them and want them to stay for their last year. Hope to get a local discount on a couple guys like Gustafson and Munz.

What I don't know in the world of NIL is if you can get any discount by convincing a whole group of guys to stay. Do they actually like each other? And think that together they could win games and get noticed? That does have value.

Doc, you know anything about Mulholland and his recovery? I know you were very high on him.

Comment

Michael's rehab is coming along well. I expect him to be throwing full steam in the fall. Still like his upside. You can't teach the talent he possesses.

That being said, I was more excited about Austin Henry. To date, he hasn't thrown a single competitive pitch in college. Still, he got paid.

Comment

For non-basketball minor sports like baseball, softball, etc, my understanding is that the court settlement now gives every school the option of as many full rides as they want. So now OU can give 27 full rides for baseball if they choose. Not NIL, but more money and will essentially replace NIL money for most minor sports. Now some players will still receive bonus signing money which is a lot more than a scholarship.

Comment

I'm sure that has to be balanced with title 9. If OU adds about 15 more scholarships, for example, they're going to have to find roughly an equal number of scholarships for women.

Not saying that's a problem for a P5 school.

Comment

Alex Birge portalling.

Sad, particularly with how much he played early and because he has 2 years left, but understandable. Hope that means Mo is back.

Comment

I will take a guess we will see quite a bit more towards the end of the CWS.

Comment

This is my first real disappointment. Alex Birge is as solid a person as you will meet. Talented too, fantastic arm. Potential at the plate and yeah he struggled in limited opportunities. And I get there's only one catcher on the field at a time. I hope he finds success and happiness wherever he ends up.

This didn't have to happen. I hope people learn from it.....but I'm not holding my breath.

Thank you Alex, and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

This didn't have to happen. I hope people learn from it.....but I'm not holding my breath.

So this is… Green’s fault for chasing him off, or for not playing him? Seemed like he played a lot early on and didn’t really do much. Once we found a 1B seemed like we needed Mo at C.

Comment

Alex is a great kid with talent, and he was the MVP of last fall Shocker World Series. Alex started 23 games this year and played in 25, but he hit .159. Green’s job is win ball games while developing everyone. Kids want to play, but I can’t blame Coach if Alex leaves.

Comment

This is my first real disappointment. Alex Birge is as solid a person as you will meet. Talented too, fantastic arm. Potential at the plate and yeah he struggled in limited opportunities. And I get there's only one catcher on the field at a time. I hope he finds success and happiness wherever he ends up.

I don't know what or who is right for sure here, but I recall my college coach saying regarding playing time, "when you get an opportunity to produce, you better produce" I'm sure he recognized that "limited opportunities" did make a difference (I didn't receive 23 starts), but he didn't mention it, or seem to care when he "cut" me. By the way, I was a pretty good kid, but that wasn't mentioned either. In fact, I'm not sure if he liked me or not. Cut throat business. Times were different back then. Good luck to all the kids.
                            Last edited by Shockm; May 30, 2024, 10:38 AM.

Comment

“….there ain’t no good guy, there ain’t no bad guy”

Comment

Nostradamus at it again speaking in tongues.

”This didn’t have to happen. I hope people learn from this…,.but I’m not holding my breath.”

What people? Birge learning from this or the coaching staff?
                                What in your opinion are the lessons THEY(?) are to learn?

Or is it another intentional cryptic Nostradamus post or a IYKYK for those in your sewing circle?

Comment

Working...
                                X