No announcement yet.

2024 Wichita State Baseball Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes it’s a playing time thing. Nothing bad coaches did or didn’t do. Only so many ABs and innings to play. Hard to play this game getting 6abs a week or an inning here or there. Base needs to be played everyday to get into a grove.

Birge did graduate early if I remember correctly so he must be a smart kid. He was here 3 years with 3 different coaches. With him leaving I assume Mo is coming back. Which is good for our offense. I think Birge was much better behind the plate and had an elite arm.

Comment

Maybe Nostradamus was talking about me not $#itposting when I get mad during games that aren't going well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        Maybe Nostradamus was talking about me not $#itposting when I get mad during games that aren't going well.
        image.png
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Nostradamus at it again speaking in tongues.

”This didn’t have to happen. I hope people learn from this…,.but I’m not holding my breath.”

What people? Birge learning from this or the coaching staff?
          What in your opinion are the lessons THEY(?) are to learn?

Or is it another intentional cryptic Nostradamus post or a IYKYK for those in your sewing circle?

Ahhhhhh. Are your feelings hurt? Surely if you stopped bleeding all over the chairs they would invite you back.

Comment

Gavin Oswald in the portal.

Ryan Geraghty in the portal. He'll be really good somewhere.

Comment

Can the portal be viewed online without a subscription (ie. other than D1Baseball.com)?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Gavin Oswald in the portal.

Gavin had limited opportunities it appeared and had a 40.00 ERA....

Ryan appeared quite a bit more but still carried an 8.00 ERA.

Lots of arms graduating/leaving already unfortunately.

Comment

Unfortunately, he wasn't very good here. I think it is impossible to tell how good he might be elsewhere. The opportunity was certainly there for him to step up for the Shocks. Unfortunately, it just did not click for Ryan.

Comment

Freshman. Perfectgame 10. Mid 90s FB.

No doubt he didn't hit his potential as a freshman. I will be stunned if he doesn't develop into a stud.

Also, we don't have a Ryan Geraghty coming in. Maybe we'll be better and win more with lesser talent. IDK. They did a good job this season with getting the maximum out of the guys they had.

But, usually you need dudes. Geraghty is a dude. And he gone.
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Freshman. Perfectgame 10. Mid 90s FB.

No doubt he didn't hit his potential as a freshman. I will be stunned if he doesn't develop into a stud.
                      Austin Henry and a few others come to mind that were highly recruited and transferred and are injured/didn't pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

Austin Henry and a few others come to mind that were highly recruited and transferred and are injured/didn't pan out.
                        No doubt it happens. And other than the elite top guys, maybe there are just as many successful college players that develop from relative obscurity as those that are PG10 type can't miss guys. Certainly a possibility, and I'm not suggesting that HCBG is going about things the wrong way. Just, in my opinion, the more difficult path.

Comment

No doubt it happens. And other than the elite top guys, maybe there are just as many successful college players that develop from relative obscurity as those that are PG10 type can't miss guys. Certainly a possibility, and I'm not suggesting that HCBG is going about things the wrong way. Just, in my opinion, the more difficult path.
                          Oh I completely understand. I am more concerned about his pitching coach and him "developing guys" or the lack thereof....

Comment

By my count, that's 5 so far.

Pantier
                            Fettinger
                            Birge
                            Oswald
                            Geraghty

Zayas is listed at D1 but Pantier and Fettinger are not. I didn't realize Zayas still had eligibility remaining.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

Oh I completely understand. I am more concerned about his pitching coach and him "developing guys" or the lack thereof....
                              Yeah, Claggett really did a bad job with Favors and Lapour.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Yeah, Claggett really did a bad job with Favors and Lapour.
                                Favors did well because of who he is and Mike previously. Lapour did well at times, unrelated to Claggett.

Comment

Working...
                                X