WSU at Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Was going to comment about this. Thank you so much for having this ready instead. Fantastic.

Comment

• Fireworks aren't so much because we won, but more because I get to go to bed. :)

Way to go Shox!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I was kind of hoping we would get most of the pitching staff a little bit of work this weekend but I didn't expect that to occur all in one game.

Comment

• 7 down. 9 to go.

Comment

• Good night y'all!!

zzzzzZZZZzzzz

Comment

• Yeah we need the sweep. Pancakes anybody…Coffee?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Was going to comment about this. Thank you so much for having this ready instead. Fantastic.
                I made it when we went ahead in the 11th .. then they tied it up and internally i'm like .. **** .. did I jinx us lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Fireworks aren't so much because we won, but more because I get to go to bed. :)

Way to go Shox!
                  But there's ot Stanley cup hockey on... No going to bed until that's over

Comment

• Memphis pitching in shambles as well I presume?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      HEYO!!

Good job by Arnett. I really hate everything about that whole city. Memphis is now eliminated. Tomorrow should be interesting.
                      I assume Dobbs will get the start and go 3 innings if he can. Maybe 4 if his pitch count is low. Then after that 1 inning at a time by whoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Memphis pitching in shambles as well I presume?
                        It's in brutal shape. We should have Dobbs and Zang. They burned, and I mean hard burned, any legit arms they have. We would also have Anderson and Holmes still available. Might see Luikart.

BTW, whoever mentioned it earlier, SPECTACULAR OT hockey game going on between the Stars and Avs.

Comment

• I guess the Shocks hanging in there and grinding out a win after trailing 5-8 after 6 innings against a team that had their backs against the wall and willing to do anything to win including, apparently, bribing the home plate ump (somebody check that guys bank account) is a good thing. But it was a game that definitley could be titled The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

It was nice to end MemphEx hopes to qualify for the AAC Tournament.

I think winning this game will be good for the team's psyche. Losing it would have been bad for the team's psyche.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 18, 2024, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Obviously burning through all the arms wasn't ideal given what's ahead. And the 5th inning meltdown is notable. But...

Munz 2.2 scoreless. Was quite good after struggling to find the zone early.
                            Adler 2.1 hitless, scoreless. 4Ks. Looked like he did in February.
                            Geraghty Got 2 huge strikeouts to get out of a jam and save the game. Had nasty stuff.
                            Arnett 1 hitless, scoreless with 2 Ks.

Those guys all have something to draw on in their most recent outing. That wasn't true before today.

Always good to end Memphis' season.

Always good to keep a win streak alive.

Comment

• I want to say this is the perfect scenario to start Zang and let him go and work through his troubles. We need him.

But it's got to be Dobbs. Get off to a good start, throw strikes and let our patience and bats work through what is an exhausted and depleted staff that's playing for absolutely nothing.

Would really enjoy seeing Tulane and ECU on the same half of the bracket. I hadn't realized that ECU's Saturday guy, Zach Root, was one of the injured pitchers.

As an additional incentive, if we win today, we play the late game on Tuesday, getting max recovery time. If we don't, it's 9 freaking am, that's 8am here folks. The rain looks like it's moving out of Memphis soon but if the game goes long (and it sets up to) and we travel tomorrow and have to be asleep extra early Monday (always tough for kids to do, especially when the beach is right there) to get up and ready and pregame including food......the 9am game just isn't optimal.

I don't know who's on the active roster in the 901. But pitchers definitely not available are Favors, LaPour, Mount (threw both Thursday and Friday), Munz (52 last night), Adler and probably Hamilton.

Dobbs, Zang, Anderson, Holmes, Iverson, Geraghty, Arnett. Not sure who else might be dressed, perhaps Luikart or Walters. Let's go.

Comment

• We can do this!!

Can Millan play today?

Comment

Working...
                                X