Eck Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eck Stadium

Go Shockers - Shocker Athletics Introduce New Policies and Amenities at Eck Stadium

Wichita State Athletics will introduce a series of new policies and fan amenities at Eck Stadium, Home of Tyler Field for the 2024 Shocker Baseball season.

The changes are focused primarily on upgrading the fan experience on Coleman Hill and reestablishing Eck Stadium's outfield seating venue as one of college baseball's most enjoyable gameday settings.

"Wichita State Baseball maintains a rich history and tradition, bolstered by the best fan base in the country, Shocker Nation," Director of Athletics Kevin Saal said. "These new management policies will enhance the gameday experience and offer a wider variety of viewing options to Shocker Nation, as we support Shocker Baseball's pursuit of a championship-level environment."

The list below outlines the most significant of these changes that fans can expect this season when supporting Shocker Baseball.
    Updated Coleman Hill Policies
    Fans who purchase a ticket or Coleman outfield pavilion ticket package will be allowed to bring their own beer, wine, and seltzer into Coleman Hill. Fans may also bring their own outside food and non-alcoholic beverages. All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages brought into Coleman Hill must be in a sealed container. Unsealed containers including, but not limited to, fountain-style drinks will not be allowed entry.

While the outfield is accessible to any ticket holder, alcoholic beverages purchased in the main seating area of Eck Stadium may not be brought into Coleman Hill. All food and drink items brought into Coleman Hill must remain in the Coleman Hill area and may not enter the Eck Stadium main seating area.

Fans may bring small gas grills unless the local fire department has issued a burn ban or due to winds. Charcoal grills are not allowed inside or outside Eck Stadium.

Those wishing to bring alcoholic beverages into Coleman Hill must abide by the following policies:
    • Guests must be 21 to drink alcohol on Coleman Hill. All guests who wish to drink must have their ID checked and be provided with a wristband by stadium event staff upon entry. Those persons who drink without a wristband are subject to ejection. Patrons must present a valid ID and have proper credentials to participate in consumption of adult beverages.
    • Underage drinking will be subject to arrest and citation.
    • One 20-quart (reasonable size) cooler per person is allowed into Coleman Hill.
    • All coolers will be inspected at Coleman Hill entrance gates; coolers containing alcohol may only be brought in by individuals at least 21 years of age, who will be provided wristbands by stadium event staff upon entry.
    • Coolers may not enter Coleman Hill later than one hour after first pitch.
    • All beverages must be consumed in their original container. Glass bottles are not permitted on Coleman Hill.
    • Liquor, liquor branded and/or mixes/cocktails are not permitted.
    • Coleman pavilion patrons are subject to the same Coleman Hill outfield policy/procedures.
    • Alcohol is not permitted to leave the stadium grounds.
    • Re-entry is not allowed anywhere in Eck Stadium. Fans intending to leave the stadium must purchase another ticket to enter the stadium.

New Outfield Deck
    Beginning this season, a 60-foot-wide and 16-foot-deep deck located beyond the right field wall on Coleman Hill will be available for fans. Materials for the deck were donated by Shocker Athletics supporters Star Lumber & Supply. The elevated vantage point will offer spectators a unique view of the action from right field and adjacent to the visiting team bullpen, while still enjoying the atmosphere of Coleman Hill.

There is no additional cost to watch the game from the deck. While lawn chairs may not be brought onto the deck (they are permitted on Coleman Hill), guests may stand on the deck on a first-come, first-served basis.

Coleman Pavilions
    As one of the most distinctive aspects of Coleman Hill, the Coleman Outfield Pavilions will follow the same updated policies outlined above as it pertains to outside food and drinks.

Purchasing a pavilion for a group outing includes 50 tickets, with a pricing structure that remains the same from the 2023 season. Pavilion rentals for home games in March and April are $400; for May home games a pavilion rental is $450.

Shocker RV Village
    A portion of the Eck Stadium outfield parking lot will be designated for a new RV parking area designed to allow fans to bring their recreational vehicles for a weekend series and tailgate just a few steps from the entrance to Coleman Hill. Season passes include RV parking in the designated lot as well as five (5) tickets/credentials for all weekend series home games. The RV Village will not be available for midweek home contests.

A season pass to the RV Village is $600 and can be purchased here or by contacting the Shocker Ticket Office; Shocker Baseball season ticket holders can receive an RV Village season pass at no additional cost by contacting the Shocker Ticket Office at 316-978-3267, option 5. Parking space for this lot is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

The RV parking lot will open three hours before the first pitch of a weekend series. All parking is at your own risk. Electricity and water will not be provided, and generator exhaust stacks are required for the duration of the stay. The lot will close two hours after the conclusion of the final game of a weekend series.

For more information on Eck Stadium policies, please reference our stadium Fan Guide.
    FYI
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

So Coleman Hill Parties are back. Will the Coleman Hill people come back, or are they gone for good, as Shocker fans?

Comment

HELL YES. Never got to experience the Hill in college as they changed the rules before I turned 21. This is a game changer for my interest level in the program.

Comment

Outstanding! Can my wife get in with her regular purse now?

These are exciting announcements!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Not being able to bring a lawn chair onto the deck is kind of disappointing.

There is no additional cost to watch the game from the deck. While lawn chairs may not be brought onto the deck (they are permitted on Coleman Hill), guests may stand on the deck on a first-come, first-served basis.

Comment

I like Kevin Saal.

Comment

Comment

I like this deal.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 8, 2024, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I love that they are trying.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    This, this a million times this.

LFG.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Outstanding! Can my wife get in with her regular purse now?

These are exciting announcements!
                      As long as she puts a piece of tape with 'YETI' on there, I don't see why not.

Comment

Me too. Winning will help some too.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Me too. Winning will help some too.
                          Winning is most definitely the match to get the fire going. As much as I've been wrong about baseball, maybe I will continue the trend this spring since I believe winning will be beyond difficult.

Comment

The effort is fantastic. Killing off BYOB on the hill was one of the worst things to happen to Eck stadium in modern memory. That said, perhaps I don't booze enough, but the top line of the "permitted" and "prohibited" graphic is about as clear as mud. Seems terrifically random. I was unaware that having a Monaco or a Cayman Jack means I'm getting hammered but hard seltzers and wine in plastic containers means responsible drinking.

Comment

Winning is most definitely the match to get the fire going. As much as I've been wrong about baseball, maybe I will continue the trend this spring since I believe winning will be beyond difficult.
                              It seems like our hope for this season is that freshmen are too stupid to know they are expected to lose. That and maybe we got lucky with a string of super outstanding Juco transfers.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X