• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not great stats minus OBP. Guessing he’s a senior

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
      Not great stats minus OBP. Guessing he’s a senior
      Yes, a senior who will be with his fourth team in four years. Ugh on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yes, a senior who will be with his fourth team in four years. Ugh on this one.
        I’d suspect walk on if he wasn’t a starter at Akron and Akron was bad

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

I'm not sure where to find baseball class rankings especially with transfers but this has to be top 15-top 10 nationally, probably the best in the AAC.

PG 2023 recruits, not including transfers. Screenshot 2023-07-19 153323.png
          Last edited by Shockersdad; July 20, 2023, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post

I’d suspect walk on if he wasn’t a starter at Akron and Akron was bad
            Still might be a non-scholarship player. It is always hard to say with these kind of guys. You generally have 8 non-scholarship players if you have a full roster.

But on paper I agree that he is not one of Coach Green's more impressive commitments.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Still might be a non-scholarship player. It is always hard to say with these kind of guys. You generally have 8 non-scholarship players if you have a full roster.

But on paper I agree that he is not one of Coach Green's more impressive commitments.
              Geez guys, SOMEBODY has to raise the team cumulative grade level of these meatheads he's been recruiting.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

'72, do you know how many have to be on scholly with the (temporary for now but soon to be permanent) roster expansion to 40?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

'72, do you know how many have to be on scholly with the (temporary for now but soon to be permanent) roster expansion to 40?
                  I believe the maximum you can have on scholarship is 32. The 27 previously plus the extra 5.

However, the scholarship limit appears to be unchanged at 11.7. There is no minimum number of players that have be on scholarship but if a shcolarship is awarded it has be at least a 25% ride.

So same amount of money but potentially spread thinner on a per player basis. 11.7/27 = 43.3% per player on averge vs 11.7/32 = 36.6% per player on average. In both cases the minimum any player receives has to be a 25% ride. However, you could give 11 full scholarships and divide the remaining .7 of a scholarship between 2 players as long as they both get at least .25.

I guess the NCAA could make these rules more convoluted if they really tried.
                  https://twitter.com/GoShockersBSB/st...93887243804674

The NCAA Oversight Committee this week approved a one-year waiver for Division I Baseball programs to have a roster size of 40 players, while also allowing them to spread 11.7 scholarships over 32 players instead of the 27-counter cap that used to be in place.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 20, 2023, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Interesting:

Caden favors back to WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                      Interesting:

Whaaaat?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Whaaaat?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                          Interesting:

I wonder if this take care of the recent trio of WuSignals. Derek Williams, DJ Butler and Caden Favors.

Comment

• Having Caden return certainly fills a need in the pitching staff for another lefthanded arm and a guy with a decent amount of D-1 experience. His numbers in two years at WSU have not been bad. 3.38 ERA and a 1.21 WHIP over 93.1 innings across 44 appearances.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Also, Caden Favors to KState.....and that was one of my preferred 5.
                              Glad to see this one come back.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X