2023 Off-season and Portal Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Love it! Hopefully reeling them in. Gotta fill out the roster

Comment

• Hitting 98 on the gun now...Ryan Geraghty.

Great spin rate too. MLB average is probably around 2300. He's hitting 2296.

Comment

• We definitely need it, but still, this is an outstanding recruiting class.

Comment

• I don’t think any of it is odd, but I would enjoy seeing some names soon!

Comment

• Shocker Brew 5/31: Becoming The Best (sportandstory.com)
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                I don’t think any of it is odd, but I would enjoy seeing some names soon!
                There have been plenty of names. Just not at the speed some would like. I think there have been two wheat posts (in the last two days) that haven't been attached to names...yet.

Comment

• Confirmed. Derek Williams. Juco transfer. He’s going to hit some bombs next year
                  598 likes, 98 comments - derekwilliamss on July 19, 2023: "Committed to shocker nation ?"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    We definitely need it, but still, this is an outstanding recruiting class.
                    I'm not sure where to find baseball class rankings especially with transfers but this has to be top 15-top 10 nationally, probably the best in the AAC.
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                      Confirmed. Derek Williams. Juco transfer. He’s going to hit some bombs next year
                      https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu4ySM3O...RlODBiNWFlZA==
                      I will take that as more evidence, although not as confirmation. The closest thing I have seen to confirmation is WuDrWu proclaiming Derek Williams was a good guess for the Power WuSignal.

I sure wouldn't bet against this becoming official at some point soon. But I will hold my water for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I will take that as more evidence, although not as confirmation. The closest thing I have seen to confirmation is WuDrWu proclaiming Derek Williams was a good guess for the Power WuSignal.

I sure wouldn't bet against this becoming official at some point soon. But I will hold my water for now.
                        Him saying his is committed to Shocker Nation with pictures from the locker room in the uniform isn't enough confirmation? Wacky!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Him saying his is committed to Shocker Nation with pictures from the locker room in the uniform isn't enough confirmation? Wacky!
                          I just saw a picture of a guy in the locker room lookin down. Is that a video?

I checked again. Did not realize it was a series of photos. That's good enough for me.

I think this is a good signing. Potentially a very good signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

I'm not sure where to find baseball class rankings especially with transfers but this has to be top 15-top 10 nationally, probably the best in the AAC.
                            Class rankings are extremely subjective and seemingly sheer numbers of signees will carry a lot of weight (Butler had a class ranked high largely based on the number of signees if I remember correctly) but to be clear, I was mostly commenting on the work Pelf and Siri did with the 17 or so signees in November of '22. That group is excellent and will have every opportunity to leave their footprint on this program.

HCBG has done a nice job finding some pieces since being hired, although mostly he's found position players. Not that there are an abundant group of mid 90s throwing starters available this late in the game.

I need to update my roster list and see where we are, but pitching is still very, very thin and young.

I have the roster count around 39 I think, with at least 20 of those spots being position players. Even with the roster expanding to 40 for 2023, I can't see us carrying 20 position players. We need at least 7 more pitchers imho to be able to field a full team come January 2023.

Comment

• Comment

• Looks like Butler played last season at Akron. Hit .237 with just 59 AB's. Did have a .357 OBP with 10 BB's in 59 AB's. 5'11" 170 LB infielder originally from Chicago.

Prior to Akron he played at Kirkwood CC for a season and then Presbyterian College.

Comment

Working...
                                X