X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 NCAA Tournament

ISU and CU play later...

MSU is currently playing UCF.

Currently tied 1-1. MSU had the bases loaded, 0 outs in the top of the 8th but failed to capitalize.

UCF scores 1 in the bottom of the 8th to go up 2-1. Inning continues....guy on 1st, 1 out.

Great execution by MSU in the top of the 8th. They have been horrible in the field and on the base paths today and now National Player of the Year Nick Petree gives up a run in the bottom of the 8th and the Bears are down 2-1.

Comment

Currently in a rain delay, may not play the 9th till later tonight.

Comment

SWMO loses 3-2

ISUB trailing 6-5 in the 8th against CSF

DBU pummelled UT-Arlington 10-0

Comment

ISUB now trailing 7-5 in the bottom of 8

Comment

ISUB melting down in the 8th. Trail 9-5 going to top of 9th.

Comment

ISUB lose 9-5

Comment

Shadow member DBU the only one holding up the Valley pride so far.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  Shadow member DBU the only one holding up the Valley pride so far.
                  Valley Pride? Did I miss where it was said was official and they are now back in the MO Valley? Seriously, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    Valley Pride? Did I miss where it was said was official and they are now back in the MO Valley? Seriously, I don't know.
                    I called them "shadow member". It is not official.

They are not back, but it is starting to look very good that the roadblocks (except for Ill St and by themselves they can't stop it) are disappearing. They played 21 Valley games this year, the same or more than every actual member of the Valley so in my book they are at least a "shadow member".

Comment

Some clown on MVCFANS was trying to say DBU didn't make sense as an affiliate member because they were too good and could focus on baseball. That about sums it up how a few of the eastern schools think. Right who doesn't want A) consistent top 50 team B) located in DFW?

Screwing up this DBU invite is what has really made me hate the Valley. HATE IT!

Comment

Great representation by the powerhouse conference today, without WSU carrying the load. The only team that looked impressive was the team we kicked out of the league. Typical.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

CU loses 3-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                            Some clown on MVCFANS was trying to say DBU didn't make sense as an affiliate member because they were too good and could focus on baseball. That about sums it up how a few of the eastern schools think. Right who doesn't want A) consistent top 50 team B) located in DFW?

Screwing up this DBU invite is what has really made me hate the Valley. HATE IT!
                            I oppose their addition as well. As someone else was saying on MVCfans, they have about the 11th or 12th highest profile among college baseball programs in Texas. No one knows their staying power and if they start struggling what are we going to do kick them out of the conference? No they need to keep putting together a string of making regionals before they should be seriously considered. They have been good the last couple of years sure but let's see what happens to them when Houston's new coach starts putting that program back at the top and Tech gets a new guy. They have been doing well when a couple of the real Texas powers have struggle. Look at Texas too.

Finally it just seems small time to have a baseball only member. I think they need to make another Super Regional or two before we really go down that path. They aren't Notre Dame football. They are a minnow in the DFW market and trust me I thoroughly know that market. That being said they are a nice little program and a good story. I wouldn't chuck a baseball at someone if we let them in but it seems like the current arrangement works. We are getting a nice little RPI boost from having them play so many MVC teams but we aren't having to rub shoulders with them as true equals.
                            Last edited by LuskingforGuttin; June 2, 2012, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                              I oppose their addition as well. As someone else was saying on MVCfans, they have about the 11th or 12th highest profile among college baseball programs in Texas. No one knows their staying power and if they start struggling what are we going to do kick them out of the conference?
                              3 NCAA Appearances in 7 years.
                              Super Regional Appearance

Looks like they have more staying power as independent than any other team in the MVC.

We all know why some MVC teams are against DBU - fear.

Comment

Working...
                              X