No announcement yet.

WSU vs. UNL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baseball America is projecting WSU, Indy St and MoST as BUBBLE IN this week. They list ISU-R as BUBBLE OUT:

Comment

The current official NCAA rpis released on May 15: WSU #44, MoST #45, Oklahoma #46, Indy St. #47

That is about as close together as you can get for the 3 Valley schools (ISUR is #60 & DBU #24):

Get updated NCAA Baseball DI rankings from every source, including coaches and national polls.

Comment

Can we even hold steady in the low 40s with a 3-0 weekend on the road against a nearly #200 RPI team? Not that I believe we'll sweep at all, but I am convinced at this point anything less and it's bye bye to any at large hope. Hell, we dropped from 40 to 44 by thumping the Skers on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Can we even hold steady in the low 40s with a 3-0 weekend on the road against a nearly #200 RPI team? Not that I believe we'll sweep at all, but I am convinced at this point anything less and it's bye bye to any at large hope. Hell, we dropped from 40 to 44 by thumping the Skers on the road.
          If you look at the actual rpi numbers on Boyds World there is almost no difference between #37 and #47. The 10 teams are so close that almost anything can happen. It is really going to depend a lot on how the teams around us do and how our opponents close out the season. (On Boyds World we actually stayed the same after beating UNL, #45 before and #45 after; on Warren Nolan we improved from #42 before to #40 after the game; on the official numbers released once a week we improved from #45 last week to #44 this week).
          Last edited by shox1989; May 18, 2012, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Some of the teams around us in the RPI (35-60) are actually playing a weaker opponent than Creighton, some are at home, some are on the road. How we move in the RPI will really depend on how those other teams do and how our opponents fare in their last games.

Personally I think if we go 3-0 we will definitely be fine and 2-1 might even be okay. Regardless we will also need to do well in the Valley tournament to make sure our final RPI is strong.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Hell, we dropped from 40 to 44 by thumping the Skers on the road.
              I think you are scrambling your RPI's, I believe the NCAA RPI now has WSU at 44. I'm not sure where they were before winning at Nebraska. WSU went from 43 to 40 after the win on warren nolan. After some game play last night WSU is up to 41 on Warren.

The night of the game Warren stopped updating in the 6th so the actual adjustment didn't happen till the next day.

Comment

If the shox finish 2nd that will mean Bradley's Joe Birch gets another shot at WSU in the tourney. I don't know if I like that match up again. Really though everyones top guys is tough.

Comment

UNL swamped Michigan in Ann Arbor 15-2 last night. They finish the season with 2 more games at Michigan.

Comment

Working...
                  X