2023 Season Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    ORU is solid as always. They are 7-2 after defeating Tarleton State 6-5 last night in Tulsa (J.L. Johnson Stadium). RPI 28/ELO 62

Sienna 3 Stetson 10

New Orleans 6 Tulane 5 (Greer Field at Turchin Stadium). The pain continues for the Green Wave. 1-9. They will Evansville some folks in conference.

Incarnate Word 1 UTSA 2 (Roadrunner Field, San Antonio, TX)

Miami (OH) 15 Cincinnati 12 (University of Cincinnati Stadium, Cincinnati, OH) I watched a bit of this game, and believe me when I tell you, it was yougly.

USF 6 Florida State 7 F/13 (Mike Martin Field at Dick Howser Stadium, Tallahassee, FL) Brutal loss for the Bulls. They scored twice in the top of the 13th to take a 6-4 lead, only to have the 'Noles walk them off with a 2 out 2 run double in the bottom of the inning. Allow me to add, I am stunned that FSU not only plays 8 non conference road games, but fully 3 are outside of Florida. What in the name of Mike Martin is going on there?

Oklahoma cancelled one of their 10 scheduled non conference road games. A surprisingly high number for the defending CWS runners up. They play road series at Houston and Gonzaga later in the season.
    Not sure what Folmer gets paid, but he is a great candidate for a P5 or us head coaching job.

Comment

Yes, I'm shocked Ryan Folmar hasn't been plucked from ORU. He's in his 11th season. They are plenty good again and all but a lock to win the Summitt, yet again, and advance to the dance.

Any wins vs them this season will be quality wins.

Comment

Thought this was worth sharing...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

hahahah
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Tulane 3 @ #12 UCLA 10

California 5 Oklahoma 9 (Rider Field, Frisco, Tx) Frisco Classic that we won last season

Indiana 4 #12 East Carolina 17 (Clark-LeClair Stadium, Greenville, NC) Keith LeClair Classic

Long Beach State 18 Georgetown 3 (Clark-LeClair Stadium, Greenville, NC) Keith LeClair Classic

#16 Texas Tech 2 Rice 3 (Minute Maid Park, Houston, TX) Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic

Army 1 Kansas State 4 (Tointon Family Stadium, Manhattan, KS)

Charlotte 11 #11 Virginia Tech 13 F/10 (English Field, Blacksburg, VA) The Hokies walked off the 49rs in the 10th with a 2 run bomb.

Utah 5 UTSA 3 (Roadrunner Field, San Antonio, TX)

Houston 7 UTRGV 5 F/13 (Edinburg, TX) Houston tied the game at 2 in the top of the 9th, both teams scored 1 in the 11th, then Houston got 4 in the 13th and held off UTRGV in the bottom of the 13th.

South Dakota State 7 Utah Tech 17 F/7 (Bruce Hurst Field, St. George, UT) Tech plated 8 in the 1st inning to start the run rule.

Georgia Southern 4 UCF 6 (John Euliano Park, Orlando, FL) Down 1 in the bottom of the 9th, the Knights got 1 to tie then walked off the Eagles with a 2 run HR from 5th year Tom Josten.

Notre Dame 7 UAB 2 (Jerry D Young Memorial Field, Birmingham, AL)

Northeastern 15 USF 3 F7 (USF Baseball Stadium, Tampa, FL) The Bulls gave up 6 in the 6th and 4 more in the 7th to get run ruled.

Stephen F Austin 16 ORU 9 (J. L. Johnson Stadium, Tulsa, OK)

Austin Peay 2 #16 Oklahoma State 19 F/7 (O'Brate Stadium, Stillwater, OK)

Memphis 3 Nicholls 2 (Ben Meyer Diamond at Ray E. Didier Field, Thibodaux, LA) Memphis is getting used to winning. The Tigers are 8-2.

Creighton 7 Cal State Northridge 6 (Matador Field, Northridge, CA) Creighton got 4 in the top of the 8th and were assisted by 3 Matador errors in the win.

Kansas 5 Belmont 7 (E. S. Rose Park, Nashville, TN) The struggles vs Valley schools continues for the Beakers.

Mount St. Mary's 0 Stetson 18 F/7 (Melching Field at Conrad Park, Deland, FL)

UConn 6 FAU 4 (FAU Baseball Stadium, Boca Raton, FL)

Comment

Oklahoma 15 Mississippi State 9 (Frisco, TX) Frisco Classic

Long Beach State 3 #9 East Carolina 2 (Clark-LeClair Stadium, Greenville, NC) Keith LeClair Classic

UMass 4 Navy 2 (Terwilliger Brothers Field at Max Bishop Stadium, Annapolis, MD)

UMass 14 Navy 3

Memphis 8 Nicholls 9 (Thibodaux, LA) Nicholls scored 3 in the bottom of the 9th to get the Tigers.

Pittsburgh 5 Stetson 6 (Deland, FL)

UConn 5 FAU 1 (FAU Baseball Stadium, Boca Raton, FL)

Stonehill 3 Kansas State 25 (Manhattan, KS) Stonehill also lost to Army today 3-26.

Utah 5 UTSA 11 (Roadrunner Field, San Antonio, TX)

South Dakota State 6 Utah Tech 12 F/7 (St George, UT)

South Dakota State 7 Utah Tech 2

Georgia Southern 19 UCF 7 (John Euliano Park, Orlando, FL)

Austin Peay 1 Oklahoma State 2 (Stillwater, OK)

Stephen F. Austin 4 Oral Roberts 2 (Tulsa, OK)

Northeastern 13 USF 8 (USF Baseball Stadium, Tampa, FL)

Tulane 8 Southern Cal 13 (Dedeaux Field, Los Angeles, CA) Southern California College Baseball Classic

Charlotte 3 #11 Virginia Tech 6 (Blacksburg, VA)

Notre Dame 7 UAB 3 (Jerry D Young Memorial Field, Birmingham, AL)

North Alabama 0 Cincinnati 9 (UC Baseball Stadium, Cincinnati, OH)

North Alabama 8 Cincinnati 9

Creighton 8 Cal State Northridge 12 (Northridge, CA)

Kansas 5 Belmont 0 (Nashville, TN)

Houston 5 UTRGV 13 (Edinburg, TX)

Rice 1 Texas A&M 13 F/7 (Minute Maid Park, Houston, TX) Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic
              Last edited by WuDrWu; March 4, 2023, 09:43 PM.

Comment

These leap out at me:

Long Beach State 18 Georgetown 3 (Clark-LeClair Stadium, Greenville, NC) Keith LeClair Classic

Long Beach State 3 #9 East Carolina 2 (Clark-LeClair Stadium, Greenville, NC) Keith LeClair Classic
                LBSU might be better than we all thought?

Comment

LBSU returned a lot in the field, the question was going to be pitching because of all they lost in the portal, most notably Juaron Watts-Brown who went to Okie State and has already been part of a no hitter there this season. LBSU is a top 75 team, better if they can find a couple more starters.

We tried to get their Friday guy Grant Osman from Arizona State but lost out. He was great against us, ok vs Seattle and ECU. They are well coached and should be 1-2-3 in the very competitive Big West.

There's a lot of parity in college baseball to be honest. You have to win close, competitive games. We're not there yet. Hope we get there soon because I believe we have the talent.

Not sure what to think of our schedule. Oakland doesn't have the horses to play at a top level, but they are well coached. They'll finish top 3 in their league but it's a team we definitely should have swept. This week is going to be telling. ORU is good, KU is bottom of the B12 but still can play and will beat some good teams. Then Stetson comes in probably something like 9-3 and definitely a top 100 team. We have to start winning and expecting to win. IF we would have held on and won game 2 (which we absolutely should have) at Long Beach (and win today) then you can't be too upset about winning 3 of 3 series to start the year with 2 of those on the road. But, we didn't. This is a big week...6 games in 8 days. I could see about any record.

Comment

First and foremost, we need a Friday starter that is consistent if not dominant. When was the last time we had one of those?

Comment

It's gonna take a little while to get the Friday game taste out of my mouth. They need to go on a fairly good tear for me to lose it.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        It's gonna take a little while to get the Friday game taste out of my mouth. They need to go on a fairly good tear for me to lose it.
                        You and me both. That was, in a word, unacceptable. We have to, and should, be not only better, but more consistently strong.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          First and foremost, we need a Friday starter that is consistent if not dominant. When was the last time we had one of those?
                          Agreed. I have said it many times....it might be our biggest road block, not having a true Friday guy. It's one reason why I'd like to push Snead and Mulhollon a bit to see if either of those 2 can be a dude. I think Mulhollon is a little better pitcher right now, but Snead has a little better arm. I'm not saying throw them to the wolves, but maybe very soon take the training wheels off and let them shine or crash. So be it. We need a stud. Let's see if we've got one. Tolle, Candiotti and Gadler are legit 2-3-4 guys.

Comment

Ohio State 0 Oklahoma 0 (Frisco, TX) Frisco Classic

Long Beach State 10 Indiana 4 (Clark-LeClair Stadium, Greenville, NC) Keith LeClair Classic

Georgetown 0 East Carolina 0 (Clark-LeClair Stadium, Greenville, NC) Keith LeClair Classic

UMass 4 Navy 6 (Terwilliger Brothers Field at Max Bishop Stadium, Annapolis, MD)

Memphis 2 Nicholls 9 (Thibodaux, LA) Nicholls scored 3 in the bottom of the 9th to get the Tigers.

Pittsburgh 9 Stetson 2 (Deland, FL)

UConn 8 FAU 2 (FAU Baseball Stadium, Boca Raton, FL)

Army 0 Kansas State 0 (Tointon Family Stadium, Manhattan, KS)

Utah 3 UTSA 14 (Roadrunner Field, San Antonio, TX)

South Dakota State 14 Utah Tech 9 (St George, UT)

Georgia Southern 11 UCF 8 (John Euliano Park, Orlando, FL)

Austin Peay 4 Oklahoma State 12 (Stillwater, OK)

Stephen F. Austin 1 Oral Roberts 9 (Tulsa, OK)

Northeastern 8 USF 7 (USF Baseball Stadium, Tampa, FL)

Tulane 14 Sacramento State 6 (Dedeaux Field, Los Angeles, CA) Southern California College Baseball Classic

Charlotte 4 #11 Virginia Tech 12 (Blacksburg, VA)

Notre Dame 0 UAB 0 (Jerry D Young Memorial Field, Birmingham, AL)

North Alabama 1 Cincinnati 2 F/8 (UC Baseball Stadium, Cincinnati, OH)

North Alabama 1 Cincinnati 8 (UC Baseball Stadium, Cincinnati, OH)

Creighton 0 Cal State Northridge 0 (Northridge, CA)

Kansas 4 Belmont 7 (Nashville, TN)

Houston 0 UTRGV 1 (Edinburg, TX)

Rice 0 #17 TCU 0 (Minute Maid Park, Houston, TX) Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic
                            Last edited by WuDrWu; March 5, 2023, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              The worst part of it was that we beat ourselves. And badly. It was just unforced mistake after mistake, not some stellar play by Oakland.

Comment

Agreed. I have said it many times....it might be our biggest road block, not having a true Friday guy. It's one reason why I'd like to push Snead and Mulhollon a bit to see if either of those 2 can be a dude. I think Mulhollon is a little better pitcher right now, but Snead has a little better arm. I'm not saying throw them to the wolves, but maybe very soon take the training wheels off and let them shine or crash. So be it. We need a stud. Let's see if we've got one. Tolle, Candiotti and Gadler are legit 2-3-4 guys.
                                What prevents Tolle from being that guy? Just based on past performance?

Comment

Working...
                                X