2023 Season Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Season Games of Interest

Jace Kaminska got his 1st start for Nebraska on Saturday. The Huskers opened play with a 4 game set at San Diego vs the Toreros who were picked 2nd behind Gonzaga in the WCC (NU is picked 5th in the B1G). Jace was ok, frankly a little like he was here last year. Gave up 2 in the first, pitched into the 6, giving up 3 in 5.2, & didn't get any offensive support. He got off the hook in the 8th but NU lost and is 0-3 to start.

Memphis took 2 of 3 vs Samford who was picked 3-4 in the SoCon. Not a bad result at all as the SoCon is a competitive baseball conference. 7-4, 11-6 then lost yesterday 9-8 in 11 innings.

USF beat preseason favorite and defending B1G champ Maryland in Florida 8-7 on Friday then dropped the last 2 of the series 8-1 & 9-5. Not a horrible showing for USF against a ranked team.

ECU crushed George Washington (picked near the bottom of the A10) 11-3, 9-5, 23-5. What you would expect.

UCF did the same at home vs Sienna (picked near the bottom of the MAAC) 22-5, 2-1, 11-1. About what you'd expect.

Houston played Cal, picked 8th in the PAC12, at home and dropped 2 of 3. Shutout Friday 7-0, lost Saturday 5-3 and picked up an 8-6 win yesterday. Not a great start at home, but I'm not sold on UH as much as others are (Cougars are picked 2nd in the American).

Cincinnati took 2 of 3 @ Georgia State (preseason 9 of 14 in the SunBelt). They lost Friday 12-2 then won 7-4 and 6-4. Cincinnati is usually scrappy and plays above their talent. Not a bad result on the road to open the season.

Tulane was the disappointment of the weekend. The Wave dropped all 3 in California with the Shocks vs UC Irvine (picked 2nd, just ahead of LBSU in the very solid BigWest Conference). 3-0, 11-4, 1-0. Tough start to the season against a quality opponent on the road.

On paper our non con looks pretty good. Will be interested to see how those teams do throughout the year.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Jace Kaminska got his 1st start for Nebraska on Saturday. The Huskers opened play with a 4 game set at San Diego vs the Toreros who were picked 2nd behind Gonzaga in the WCC (NU is picked 5th in the B1G). Jace was ok, frankly a little like he was here last year. Gave up 2 in the first, pitched into the 6, giving up 3 in 5.2, & didn't get any offensive support. He got off the hook in the 8th but NU lost and is 0-3 to start.

Memphis took 2 of 3 vs Samford who was picked 3-4 in the SoCon. Not a bad result at all as the SoCon is a competitive baseball conference. 7-4, 11-6 then lost yesterday 9-8 in 11 innings.

USF beat preseason favorite and defending B1G champ Maryland in Florida 8-7 on Friday then dropped the last 2 of the series 8-1 & 9-5. Not a horrible showing for USF against a ranked team.

ECU crushed George Washington (picked near the bottom of the A10) 11-3, 9-5, 23-5. What you would expect.

UCF did the same at home vs Sienna (picked near the bottom of the MAAC) 22-5, 2-1, 11-1. About what you'd expect.

Houston played Cal, picked 8th in the PAC12, at home and dropped 2 of 3. Shutout Friday 7-0, lost Saturday 5-3 and picked up an 8-6 win yesterday. Not a great start at home, but I'm not sold on UH as much as others are (Cougars are picked 2nd in the American).

Cincinnati took 2 of 3 @ Georgia State (preseason 9 of 14 in the SunBelt). They lost Friday 12-2 then won 7-4 and 6-4. Cincinnati is usually scrappy and plays above their talent. Not a bad result on the road to open the season.

Tulane was the disappointment of the weekend. The Wave dropped all 3 in California with the Shocks vs UC Irvine (picked 2nd, just ahead of LBSU in the very solid BigWest Conference). 3-0, 11-4, 1-0. Tough start to the season against a quality opponent on the road.
      Why did Jace leave WSU?

Comment

I don't know, but I was told he just felt like he needed a fresh start somewhere else. He only had positive things to say about the staff and U as far as I know. There's little question that he struggled to be the best "Jace Kaminska" he could be here, for whatever reason.

Comment

He left because Eric Wedge was an insecure drunk abusive asshole. After his freshman season they sent him to colonial league where he was supposed to pitch on Wednesdays. It rained 3 Wednesdays in a row out there so he didn’t pitch for 28 days in the middle of the summer and they should have shut him down , but wedge wouldn’t allow it. So he had to pitch all fall on a tired arm and anytime he asked for help pelfrey didn’t have time, because he had to help others , but Jace still needed to develop. After disappointing sophomore season Jace told wedge he didn’t want to go play summer ball instead wanted to get help from professional coach in okc. He thought it would help himself more than throwing 15 innings in Boston with no coaching.Wedge went crazy cussing him out , mother ****ing him . That burnt his bridge so Jace wanted to go somewhere where he was wanted

Comment

And there's another take, and why it's often best to say nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach K View Post
              He left because Eric Wedge was an insecure drunk abusive asshole. After his freshman season they sent him to colonial league where he was supposed to pitch on Wednesdays. It rained 3 Wednesdays in a row out there so he didn’t pitch for 28 days in the middle of the summer and they should have shut him down , but wedge wouldn’t allow it. So he had to pitch all fall on a tired arm and anytime he asked for help pelfrey didn’t have time, because he had to help others , but Jace still needed to develop. After disappointing sophomore season Jace told wedge he didn’t want to go play summer ball instead wanted to get help from professional coach in okc. He thought it would help himself more than throwing 15 innings in Boston with no coaching.Wedge went crazy cussing him out , mother ****ing him . That burnt his bridge so Jace wanted to go somewhere where he was wanted
              For whatever reason, Wedge is now gone (the not so private reasons are now as secret as Biden’s garage), Jace is gone and I miss Jace more than Wedge. I wish him luck, Coach K, at Nebraska and sorry you are so angry at the program.The attitudes are much different now internally.

Comment

And there's another take, and why it's often best to say nothing.
                It did seem you were spinning why Kaminski leaving the program. We do know now that everything was not well with the program. Another way that Boatright screwed WSU.

Comment

I feel bad for the ballers that had to deal with Wedge's demon. But the program is in a much healthier place and we're gonna be better than we have in awhile, you can feel it. Proud of the upperclassmen that rallied each other and are sticking it out ... it will pay off. And guys that stick together through adversity like that, tend to have made some awesome lifelong friends.

I don't blame anyone for trying to find a better situation for themselves, but I wish Kaminska could have been here when the program was healthy and cranking, like it's going to be.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    I feel bad for the ballers that had to deal with Wedge's demon. But the program is in a much healthier place and we're gonna be better than we have in awhile, you can feel it. Proud of the upperclassmen that rallied each other and are sticking it out ... it will pay off. And guys that stick together through adversity like that, tend to have made some awesome lifelong friends.

I don't blame anyone for trying to find a better situation for themselves, but I wish Kaminska could have been here when the program was healthy and cranking, like it's going to be.
                    Nothing wrong with some optimism; I like that. Hopefully, we can rid the curse...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Comment

FWIW

Kevin Hooper will serve his second season as Atlanta’s director of player development, while Paul Davis returns as the director of pitching development.

Braves announce minor league coaching staffs for the upcoming season

I think Boatright missed the first half of his last name when we didn't hire KH to replace Todd Butler.

I guess the question is would Hooper even be interested at this point if Scooter isn't interested in making this a permanent gig (and, of course, that interest has to be mutual).

Comment

Tough mid week results for the AAC (but encouraging for the future of the league).

ECU lost to a really good Campbell team 6-5 in 10 innings at Campbell.

Future conference member FAU bombed future B12 member UCF 13-3 in Orlando.

Florida handled USF in Tampa 6-1 on Tuesday.

Then on Wednesday in the back half of their home and home, USF managed a 7 run 9th to storm back and beat the ranked Gators 10-9 in Gainsville.

Tulane completed their rough California trip with a 6-5 loss at Cal State Fullerton. I watched some of this...2 good teams in the rain. Could have gone either way.

Memphis beat Mississippi Valley State in a back and forth slugfest 19-10.

Then there was our debacle in St. George.

Finally future B12 member Houston got their asses spanked (run ruled) at future AAC conference mate UTSA, 12-2 in 7.

Comment

Finally future B12 member Houston got their asses spanked (run ruled) at future AAC conference mate UTSA, 12-2 in 7.
                            SWEET

Comment

Juaron Watts-Brown, one of the 3 Long Beach State rotation guys from last year that transferred out, combined with 2 relievers to no hit LMU 1-0 in Stillwater today.

Conference wise:

Memphis swept a DH at home vs Youngstown State 13-9 & 3-1.

UCF swept a DH @ Clemson 4-2 & 10-7.

Houston 2 @ Texas A&M-CC 12 (7 innings)

Cincinnati 3 @ Florida 13 (8 innings)

ECU and UNC were postponed

USF 7 @ FAU 8 (11 innings)

St Johns 7 @ Tulane 3 (St Johns was picked 6 of 8 in the bad, outside UCONN and CU, BPriest) Tulane is 0-6. They are a lot better than that but things are going the wrong way in the Big Easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X