No announcement yet.

Shox vs South Dakota State Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our pitching just flat out sucks after our top 2. No sugar coating that Achilles heel.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cameron Bye seems like our Sunday starter to me. He wasn’t perfect against ORU, but he’s got a lively fastball and tends to have pretty good command. Might be a work in progress as he hasn’t thrown many innings.

I know he imploded his first two starts, but I’d be curious to see Will Stevens again. The question is how much did his nerves play into those first two starts and can that potentially be resolved?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        I know he imploded his first two starts, but I’d be curious to see Will Stevens again. The question is how much did his nerves play into those first two starts and can that potentially be resolved?
        Yeah, I want to see Wild Thing again. He must be pretty darn good and have shown something impressive at practices to have gotten Wedge to start him twice early on. My gut tells me he's a lot better than his first two performances indicate.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Double 'em up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yeah, I want to see Wild Thing again. He must be pretty darn good and have shown something impressive at practices to have gotten Wedge to start him twice early on. My gut tells me he's a lot better than his first two performances indicate.
            Maybe Wild Thing should get the 9th today??

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Maybe Wild Thing should get the 9th today??
              Probably enough of a cushion.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Disappointed that we didn’t get the sweep, but get some rest and let’s get one next weekend.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  What are the odds the Shocker will match or exceed the 9 runs they put up in the 4th today this season?
                  Maybe they will do in the 8th inning today! Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and 7 runs across so far.

Not today, SDSU finds the secrets sauce. Bring in position player to pitch.

Comment

• Way to go Shox!!

Comment

• Cameron Bye and Connor Holden continue to get the job done. Neither has allowed an earned run to this point in the season.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 13, 2022, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Evansville about to sweep Tulane.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Cameron Bye and Connor Holden continue to get the job done. Neither has allowed an earned run to this point in the season.
                          Caden Favors and Foster Gifford have had moments of success, and are probably next on the list out of the pen. However, neither are consistent, and have earned the trust of the coaching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                            Evansville about to sweep Tulane.
                            What was that goofball’s name from Tulane that visited this board?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

What was that goofball’s name from Tulane that visited this board?
                              Paging bigtimetimmyjim.

Comment

• Non con foes continue to mostly play well:

La Tech - They beat LSU then slumped (losing 2 of 3 to Tulane) then got mad. They're on a 4 game heater, outscoring their opponents 53-6 in those 4 games.

Oklahoma is 9-5 after winning 4 straight including 1 over a very good DBU squad and then sweeping 3 from future conference foe UTSA who was 10-3 entering the series and boasted a win over #2 Stanford.

ORU split a DH today with current #2 Ole Miss (they lost the first game to the Rebels 19-2) winning 8-4 and losing 6-2.

Texas State continues to impress. The Bobcats are 14-3 and should be ranked this week. They boast a series win over Arizona in Tucson and split mid week games with Texas, losing at home 9-8 then besting the Longhorns 6-4 the next night in Austin.

Texas A&M Corpus Christi is 10-7

Texas A&M is 10-5 after taking 2 of 3 vs a solid Santa Clara team.

Pepperdine is 9-6. They swept 3 from Fullerton before losing a tough 2-1 game to Long Beach State, then dropped 2 of 3 vs a UCONN team that should be ranked this week, losing 2-3, 2-6 before winning 6-5 today.

Iowa continues to be competitive if not as good as they hoped. Other than SDSU, the Hawkeyes are the only team not above .500 at 7-7 after dropping a tough series at UC Irvine 6-7, 1-2, 12-10.

WSU's RPI is 69 and ELO is 62, currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X