Clear All

• “Bang bang, he hit that thang”

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• If you didn’t know, now you know:

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
          I froze my ass off (moving to Texas has made me weak lol).

But I enjoyed being at that game. Especially being able to poke fun at my Aggie friends lol.

Way to go Shox!
          I wish I had been paying attention, I would have found you and said hi.

It was a cold mofo fo sho. Worth it.

Comment

• Can one of you explain the difference between the last 5,6 games and the first six games? Thanks much. Also, does anyone have a sense how good Iowa, Wash State and Texas A&M will be this year? It seems that Wash State and Texas A&M are usually pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              Can one of you explain the difference between the last 5,6 games and the first six games? Thanks much. Also, does anyone have a sense how good Iowa, Wash State and Texas A&M will be this year? It seems that Wash State and Texas A&M are usually pretty good.
              I was looking at that last night.

While it's still very early for RPI to be super meaningful, I think it can still give us some insight. Using yesterday's numbers from Warren Nolan:

Our losses have come against an average RPI of 64.
              Our wins have come against an average RPI of 157.

Just checking this morning our RPI took a massive jump from 79 to 58.

And road games are hard.

These were yesterday's numbers:

wichita state = 79

la tech = 27x3
              oklahoma = 111
              texas state = 56
              texas a&m - cc = 103
              oral roberts = 99
              --
              avg 64

pepperdine = 132
              iowa = 172x2
              washington state = 124
              texas a&m = 186
              ---
              avg 157
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Wow!!! Great wins!!! Nice job, Shockers! Thanks for the updates!
                HOW IS ATM at 186???Are not they ALWAYS pretty great????

Nevertheless...Go Shox! Hold off on firing Pelphrey for a bit.....

Comment

• I hope we are seeing a mindset.

Comment

• Winning begets winning

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                      Wow!!! Great wins!!! Nice job, Shockers! Thanks for the updates!
                      HOW IS ATM at 186???Are not they ALWAYS pretty great????

Nevertheless...Go Shox! Hold off on firing Pelphrey for a bit.....
                      A&M has a new coach. They fired Childress and hired TCU's coach after a horrible year last year. I think they were on a little bit of a decline as it was.

They were picked 6th out of 7 in their division pre-season. Although I am sure a lot of that is just the unknown
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

A&M has a new coach. They fired Childress and hired TCU's coach after a horrible year last year. I think they were on a little bit of a decline as it was.

They were picked 6th out of 7 in their division pre-season. Although I am sure a lot of that is just the unknown
                        Even as bad as Texas A&M was last year, theey were still a Quad. 2 opponent since they played in the SEC

Comment

• I think Jobu found his rum...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            Can one of you explain the difference between the last 5,6 games and the first six games? Thanks much. Also, does anyone have a sense how good Iowa, Wash State and Texas A&M will be this year? It seems that Wash State and Texas A&M are usually pretty good.
                            It's Baseball.

In Baseball, momentum matters. Wins, losses, RPI, etc. are more difficult to assess over a game than anything. It's much more easily assessed over a period of time. So much of baseball execution, and toughness is individually driven circumstances. For one example, if a pitcher battles against a batter and the batter fouls off 6 pitches with 2 strikes, and still makes a fly out, the batter still had a quality at bat. If several batters do that, the wear and tear on a pitcher can become a problem. The same goes with moving runners into scoring position, etc. Last night the winning score by Couper Cornblum, came without even a hit (iirc). Lead off batter gets on, and is moved over by wild pitches, etc.

I remember some of Wichita State's better teams losing one game to an obviously inferior team, just because of circumstances where good baseball execution was lacking. That's what makes baseball interesting, and fun to watch. It's not the action, but how the game is executed by hitters, pitchers, baserunners, fielders (cutoffs/double plays, fielders diving to cut off a base hit into the outfield that would have scored a runner, etc.), bunters, etc.

Comment

• Just by virtue of their conferences I would say Wash St and Tex A&M RPIs will shoot up.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Just by virtue of their conferences I would say Wash St and Tex A&M RPIs will shoot up.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X