Shox vs Texas A&M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs Texas A&M

Sunday, March 6 | 6:00 pm | Frisco, Texas (Riders Field)

TV: FloSports | Radio: KFH 97.5 FM/1240 AM

TBA vs. LHP Ryan Prager (0-0, 1.80)

Stats: https://peakeventsstats.com/sports/b...20306_g6n4.xml

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Can McDonough go two games in a row? Is that a thing if he had a low enough pitch count yesterday?

Comment

Will we start Boyer or Wild Thing?

Comment

Since you are working hard to get this going( and I appreciate that) I’ll chime in with… I don’t know.
        but trending well!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Can McDonough go two games in a row? Is that a thing if he had a low enough pitch count yesterday?
          Can’t remember anyone ever throwing 2 innings out of the pen and then starting the next day. Even if he were to start he’s probably only got 2 or 3 innings still in the tank.

I would guess they go with Adam Ketelsen or Robert Cranz today, but everyone should be available out of the pen.

There were a couple thousand Aggie fans there last night and we should expect the same tonight.

A&M is starting a freshman whose only two career starts are against Fordham and Penn. This has the making to be a high scoring game.

Comment

LJ was hot in the 6th yesterday, no way he pitches today.

If we play, they probably go Stevens or Cranz, but there’s no way we’re playing today. Rain in the area but bigger problem is lightning. I expect the team to be on the road home before supper unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If we play, they probably go Stevens or Cranz, but there’s no way we’re playing today. Rain in the area but bigger problem is lightning. I expect the team to be on the road home before supper unfortunately.
              Ahhh, good to know. This is a game we would have won and would have built some confidence in the less experienced guys like Stevens. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                Can’t remember anyone ever throwing 2 innings out of the pen and then starting the next day. Even if he were to start he’s probably only got 2 or 3 innings still in the tank.
                I meant as a reliever. Is it common for a reliever to play a couple games in a row with low pitch counts? Ie, could he give us another 2 or 3 innings?

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                A&M is starting a freshman whose only two career starts are against Fordham and Penn. This has the making to be a high scoring game.
                Yeah, but he did very well against Penn (and Fordham, but Fordham sucks). He got the L but it wasn't his fault. His ERA is nice and shiny too.

Comment

Welcome back , WuDrWu… missed you on the board for a while… good to have your insights!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                    Welcome back , WuDrWu… missed you on the board for a while… good to have your insights!
                    Translation: good to have your sanity and intelligence.

Comment

Quick follow up: While pitching back to back days isn’t terribly unusual, it’s not something THIS staff is going to do except in very unusual situations, like minimal usage 1st day. LJ threw hard in the pen to get warm when Tolle got in a bind early, then once he got there, basically stayed there until needed. I think he threw around 30 pitches but it was like a 60+ outing as long as he was up waiting to go in. I believe they considered, for a moment, when we doubled the lead, to sit him and go with someone else but LJ needed the work and since he was already up so long, he wasn’t going to pitch today regardless.

There would be a real chance of a Johnny Wholestaff setup today as well. We need to find someone else who’s ready to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Better translation: Bored in the hotel and my better half is tired of listening to me gripe and wants to sleep so I have to hear my head rattle here.

Mental health is health.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No chance of moving the games up?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I was told by event staff that they will do everything to play the A&M game. There was a big crowd last night and they want that again.

But they also have Iowa v Wash State at noon and 10 minutes ago that game was still on. If they play that game, I don’t see how ours could start before say 5, maybe 430, but they said they would try, I just don’t see it. I’m packed , fwiw, just waiting to hear it’s canceled so I can head home today. I’d love to be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X