Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No grade on PG site. Listed as a 2024 Catcher out of Hudson, WI.

Comment

New commit in 24 class, melvin blocker. Infielder from Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
        New commit in 24 class, melvin blocker. Infielder from Georgia

https://www.perfectgame.org/players/...aspx?ID=592141
        PerfectGame 8 grade, which is Potential draft pick and/or excellent college prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

PerfectGame 8 grade, which is Potential draft pick and/or excellent college prospect.
          Not a very big kid, Kevin Hooper-ish size. Could play 2nd base. Perhaps he and Darnell Parker will give us a solid middle infield pairing in a couple of years.

Comment

We have a wheat signal. I am guessing this will be a 2024 commitment so I am posting it here.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 3, 2023, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Ssssshhhhhhwiiiiing!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

New commit Carson Beavers OF/1st base

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                  New commit Carson Beavers OF/1st base
                  https://www.perfectgame.org/players/...aspx?ID=738804
                  Good find.

Comment

Looks like Carson Beavers decommitted from Washington State:

Comment

Comment

PG rated 9. I like it.

Comment

Looks like he is a middle infielder out of Barllesville, OK and is in his first season with Eastern Oklahoma State Junior College. Small guy at 5-9, 165 lb. Switch hitter.

Doesn't seem to be highly rated out of high school. Here is the comment by ESO when the announced his recruiting class"

MIF Zeb Henry, Bartlesville High School, Oklahoma
                          "Zeb is a player we are very high on from a lot of aspects. He is a winner, competitor, and a leader a fit a huge need for us in this recruiting class as a MIF. He is a switch hitter who can fit the leadoff mold and make an offensive impact while being versatile enough defensively to truly be able to play 3 of the 4 infield spots for a lot of guys as an everyday guy."

I would point out that Brock Rodden was a 5-9, 170l lb switch hitting middle infielder who played 2 seasons at Seminole State College.

We did have more to go on by the time we signed Brock. Not really counting on winning that lottery again. Perhaps more of a Kevin Hooper-style of play.

Comment

I would take a Kevin Hooper type any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              I would take a Kevin Hooper type any day of the week.
                              As would I, but I only suggest that his style of play may be more like Hoop's than Brock's. Kevin Hoopers don't come along every day but let's hope they come along once every 25 years.

Comment

Dermody is a sophomore LHP at Des Moines Area CC. As a freshman he was listed at 6-3, 170. Pretty much a string bean.

His stats as a freshman last year at Des Moines Area don't exactly wow you. 6.03 ERA with 2.18 WHIP. 8.9 K/9, 7.9 BB/9 and 11.8 H/9.

Hard to say if he has a scholarship offer or is perhaps an invited walk-on. Certainly doesn't seem to be a high level recruit.

Comment

Working...
                                X