Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
      It’s Jace tonight
      What a waste.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Friends and family only for the nightcap.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Friends and family only for the nightcap.
          What on earth? Why?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We got a guy there.

Comment

• Am I reading the brackets right that we are likely to play USF again?
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Oof and Memphis is likely gonna have a rubber match with ECU?
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Kaminska goes 8 1/3, 1 ER, 6K.

Shox lead 5-1 with Haase in to close it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Am I reading the brackets right that we are likely to play USF again?
                    Yes. Two completely separate double elimination tournaments to set up one game take all final.

Comment

• I just read Jace struck out 29 in a row in HS. I know the competition wasn’t good but that is lunacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        Kaminska goes 8 1/3, 1 ER, 6K.

Shox lead 5-1 with Haase in to close it.
                        Helluva job by Jace. I sure hope we can find some effective help for him next year.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 26, 2021, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          I just read Jace struck out 29 in a row in HS. I know the competition wasn’t good but that is lunacy.
                          He did it over 3 games.

Jace Kaminska 2019 - 2020 KANSAS BASEBALL PLAYER OF THE YEAR (gatorade.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Helluva job by Jace. I sure hope we can find some effective help for him next year.
                            Help is coming. I think the 21 recruiting class will be special. It’s Wedge & Siriani’s first class of their guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What on earth? Why?
                              It was just a saying.....there were almost no "fans" in attendance for the late game. It wasn't restricted to friends and family, just that's basically all that was there. Cincy didn't have many fans at all, WSU and UH were next fewest and if it wasn't for most of Caney Valley there......

Memphis has more fans here than WSU. Let that sink in a bit.

No mention of a final score, but it got dicey in the 9th. Jace got a strikeout before giving up a solo homer and turning over the game to Haase. Aaron wasn't the razor sharp closer he's been. A single, another single and then a ball that Clemons should have got meant 1st and 3rd still 1 out and it was 5-2. A sac fly made it 5-3 with the tying run at the plate again. Haase induced a game ending ground ball to Kocis but it took a wicked hop and almost handcuffed him. We were fortunate to get out of that mess.

Now a day off before giving the ball to Preston on Friday. Hopefully Sigrist will be back. I heard they held him back out of caution.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Jace was a stud last night; Wedge has a plethora of lefties committed for 2021 led by Payton Tolle. Not to get ahead of myself but pitching could/should be a major strength for the Shockers next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X