X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker1976
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post

The argument/discussion was that WSU would be better than we were this year With more and highly thought of left handed pitchers. I am not naive enough to think we will be in the top 20-30 range as you suggest I believe. My post was BETTER next year.
    OK, I did post "IMO Shocker pitching next season will be demonstrably improved and could/should well be the best in the AAC" to which SB responded with "What will be different next year that could lead you to believe that somehow this team pitching will move from 130's in the Nation to one of the Top 30?" I have to admit that I was unaware the current Shocker pitching staff was ranked in the 130's and next season would have to be one of the Top 30 in the Nation to achieve my goal of being demonstrably improved and challenge for the best in the AAC.

SB could you please post a link to the site you used to identify the Shockers' pitching as in the 130's nationally? Using Team ERA as a data point to rank NCAA baseball team pitching the NCAA identified ECU as #41 (3.97 ERA) and USF as #46 (4.07); the Shockers were not in the Top 50 with a reported Team ERA of 5.06

Perfect Game's latest ranking of next season's recruiting classes does place Tulane (#40), ECU (#51), UCF (#54) and Houston (#66) ahead of WSU (#97). Importantly this PG ranking does not include Payton Tolle as a Shocker commitment.

Jace Kaminska's 2.32 ERA was ranked #35 by the NCAA; in the AAC only Gavin Williams (1.32 ERA) of ECU ranked (#4) a head of Jace. My hope for the Shocker pitching staff is that one of the left handed pitchers committed can provided a similar contribution that JK provided this past season.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

He is an aberration - how many 1st round pitchers have WSU had in their History? Jace or Pelfrey or Looper or Dreifort don't come along every year.

Remember - the argument was these incoming pitchers were going to propel WSU from being average middle-of-the-pack (120ish) NCAA pitching team to a Top 20 or 30. I guess there is always a chance that the moons will align.

U should know the model the model - Gene Stephenson showed us. You have to have quality depth through all your classes. That going to take time.
    The argument/discussion was that WSU would be better than we were this year With more and highly thought of left handed pitchers. I am not naive enough to think we will be in the top 20-30 range as you suggest I believe. My post was BETTER next year.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    USF built a 7-1 lead then survived a UCF comeback to grab the auto bid 8-7. Good luck to the Bulls!

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post

The promise of tomorrow and the belief that tomorrow will be better than today. I would disagree with your comment that pitchers will only help the program their 2nd or third year in the program. If that were true then Jace K was an aberration this year.
    He is an aberration - how many 1st round pitchers have WSU had in their History? Jace or Pelfrey or Looper or Dreifort don't come along every year.

Who is to say that the incoming pitchers will not be of help their first year, certainly not me.
    Remember - the argument was these incoming pitchers were going to propel WSU from being average middle-of-the-pack (120ish) NCAA pitching team to a Top 20 or 30. I guess there is always a chance that the moons will align.

U should know the model the model - Gene Stephenson showed us. You have to have quality depth through all your classes. That going to take time.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    Pot , meet kettle
    Molly needs to look within. She has issues. But I choose not to dig up the past.

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

What a tool. You’re as bad as the poster you criticize.
    Pot , meet kettle

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    USF 7 Tulane 1 Final. USF vs UCF in an all Florida final for the AAC auto birth tomorrow at 11am CDT.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Down 7-1 in the top of the 9th and 2 out, Tulane goes to their bullpen.

USF has to play for an NCAA birth in 12 1/2 hours.

#ClassMove
    Tuck Fulane.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Down 7-1 in the top of the 9th and 2 out, Tulane goes to their bullpen.

USF has to play for an NCAA birth in 12 1/2 hours.

#ClassMove

Leave a comment:

• Downtown Shocker Brown
    replied
    Best of luck to both AAC Tourney teams. Their success will be key to our success and recognition as a baseball conference.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Can we ban the hillbilly Tulane fan already. Send him and his two teeth packing. He’s doing nothing but purposely stirring up sh!t.
    I said that from day 1. He's a loser, plain and simple. And now he's a loser that'll be watching his team from the sidelines in the NIT.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Have fun in the NIT, Timmy..

LOL

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied

What will be different next year that could lead you to believe that somehow this team pitching will move from 130's in the Nation to one of the Top 30?

The promise of tomorrow and the belief that tomorrow will be better than today. I would disagree with your comment that pitchers will only help the program their 2nd or third year in the program. If that were true then Jace K was an aberration this year. Who is to say that the incoming pitchers will not be of help their first year, certainly not me.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerman
    replied
    Screw it, I'm pulling for Tulane here. With that said, USF probably provides the best chance to advance another team to a Super.

ETA: Looks like Tulane is getting rocked early so nevermind.
    Last edited by Shockerman; May 29, 2021, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker1976
    replied

New guys won't have the ability to elevate the program until their 2nd and 3rd year in the program. There are no shortcuts, there are no miracles. It will take hard work and dedication (and frankly the recruiting misses will need to be limited).

Of course I am, but you are a tool. You are as about knowledgeable about baseball as the rock in the road. It is clear you know don't know Jack Shat! All you can do is parrot a "sticky". Go to the Furman board you pretender.
    I have been rooting for Eric Wedge since he joined the Shockers as a catcher and will put my trust in him over you as I don't know you or your baseball qualifications.

As I lack your self-proclaimed expertise and crystal ball; I will have to wait for next season to play out to learn if Wedge has recruited pitchers comparable to JK.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X