No announcement yet.

AAC Conference Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way, that sac fly in the 9th was hit about 397 feet, fortunately to the very deepest part of the park, dead center. Everyone in the stadium thought the game was tied.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      By the way, that sac fly in the 9th was hit about 397 feet, fortunately to the very deepest part of the park, dead center. Everyone in the stadium thought the game was tied.
      Thank goodness goodness the Shocks put up that 3 spot in the bottom of the 8th.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        By the way, that sac fly in the 9th was hit about 397 feet, fortunately to the very deepest part of the park, dead center. Everyone in the stadium thought the game was tied.
        Pretty sure one guy said it was too high.

Comment

• 8-1 against Houston this year. The Shocks are 23-21 against everyone else.

The Shocks were 8-0 against Creighton in 1991. However, that was a very good Creighton team. That included 2 wins in the CWS including The Throw, which is still one of the greatest CWS games ever.

Unfortunately, I don't think this year's performance against Houston is even in the same ballpark. However,, the Shocks were fortunate to get 9 games against Houston this year.

I just like to bring up The Throw anytime I can.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 27, 2021, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• This throw????

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Thank goodness goodness the Shocks put up that 3 spot in the bottom of the 8th.
              You can say that again...
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                This throw????
                Is there another?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  I just read Jace struck out 29 in a row in HS. I know the competition wasn’t good but that is lunacy.
                  The interesting thing about Jace is he pretty much just blew away his high school competition and had big strikeout numbers. So I'm thinking when he signed that here is a young man with a cannon for an arm but does he really no how to pitch?

Once he got his chance he has kind of flipped my perception of him as a pitcher. He does have a strong arm and gets his share of strikeouts at around 7.4 per 9 innings but he is not even in the Top 25 in the AAC in strikeouts per 9 innings. What he can do is pitch. His command is very good, he is willing and able to work the inside edge of the plate and his breaking ball has improved since the beginning of the season.

However, from watching him my perception, which may be totally flawed, is that his delivery and arm slot is such that the ball stays hidden pretty well behind his head and that may give the hitters just a fraction of second less to pick up his pitches.

In any case, he certainly seems to know how to pitch and is not just a thrower. He appears to be pretty fearless in attacking hitters but doesn't feel like he needs to strike every one of them out and is perfectly willing to let his defense, which has been pretty good this year, do their share of the work. Not having to strike out 12 to 15 guys a game is good thing. Keeps his pitch count down where he can go deeper into games.

Comment

The interesting thing about Jace is he pretty much just blew away his high school competition and had big strikeout numbers. So I'm thinking when he signed that here is a young man with a cannon for an arm but does he really no how to pitch?

Once he got his chance he has kind of flipped my perception of him as a pitcher. He does have a strong arm and gets his share of strikeouts at around 7.4 per 9 innings but he is not even in the Top 25 in the AAC in strikeouts per 9 innings. What he can do is pitch. His command is very good, he is willing and able to work the inside edge of the plate and his breaking ball has improved since the beginning of the season.

However, from watching him my perception, which may be totally flawed, is that his delivery and arm slot is such that the ball stays hidden pretty well behind his head and that may give the hitters just a fraction of second less to pick up his pitches.

In any case, he certainly seems to know how to pitch and is not just a thrower. He appears to be pretty fearless in attacking hitters but doesn't feel like he needs to strike every one of them out and is perfectly willing to let his defense, which has been pretty good this year, do their share of the work. Not having to strike out 12 to 15 guys a game is good thing. Keeps his pitch count down where he can go deeper into games.
                    Thanks for this insight!
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Last night the announcers mentioned both parents were ball players...
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Is there another?
                        Not to my knowledge, just taking the opportunity to post the Utube link

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          I just read Jace struck out 29 in a row in HS. I know the competition wasn’t good but that is lunacy.
                          Just read that press release ... He also didn't allow a single earned run his entire senior year ... that's nuts. An ERA of 0.00 for the year .. safe to say thats a record that will never be broken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Thanks for this insight!
                            It's an opinion and an observation. Not sure it qualifies as insight.

Comment

• So when do the Shox play again and is it streaming anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                So when do the Shox play again and is it streaming anywhere?
                                The Shockers play the loser of today's USF vs Tulane game on Friday. USF and Tulane will play 47 minutes following the UCF vx Memphis game which in now in top of the 2nd with UCF leading 2-0. I would think that would put the USF-Tulane game at about 5:30 to 6:00 CT this evening.

The Shocks will play the loser of that game in tomorrow's 2nd of 2 games that is scheduled 2 hours earlier than today's games. That would put it around 3:30 to 4:00 CT.

Of course, those times can and probably will vary depending on the pace of the games, any extra innings and of course the weather.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 27, 2021, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X