Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derek Shaver pitching the 7th?

Comment

This just isn't that surprising to me. There's too much Butler culture around still. And I'm just not sold on MP being a D1 pitching coach.

People that are surprised by this stuff are the ones that got fool's golded at the conclusion of last season. The same thing partly happened this year. All you have to do is look at the quadrant breakdown of our wins and losses. 95% of our wins are Q4. And that's where we're at.

So no, we were never an NCAA Tournament team this year and weren't really close to it. The timing of our schedule gave fans false hope with the inflated record we generated. Houston also clearly isn't as good as predicted. Also false hope.

Anyone seen cdizzle?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So the Shocks used 5 pitchers today. Only 1 of them did not allow a run. Derek Shaver who I think pitched for the first time as a collegiate player and is listed on the rosters as an infielder. Okay, I guess a pitcher technicially does his work on the infield.

What do the Shocks have left tomorrow to throw at the Pirates? Unless Jace the Ace can come back on one day's rest thing are looking that great for the Shocks.

Comment

Mike Kennedy said Garett Stroh gets the start tomorrow. Has he been hurt?

Comment

Yes he got hurt early and has been working back with mid week games.

Honestly, I don't know what we're going to do tomorrow or next week. Liam clearly is struggling. I suspect we've seen the last of Peters. I think we're going to have to either allow Stumpy a start or piece together 2 games. Apparently we're not going to see Lindemann or Hamilton. Hopefully Gareth can be a bulldog tomorrow and give us a boost.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Yes he got hurt early and has been working back with mid week games.

Honestly, I don't know what we're going to do tomorrow or next week. Liam clearly is struggling. I suspect we've seen the last of Peters. I think we're going to have to either allow Stumpy a start or piece together 2 games. Apparently we're not going to see Lindemann or Hamilton. Hopefully Gareth can be a bulldog tomorrow and give us a boost.
              Whats up with Hamilton? Stumpy could be a great starter.

Comment

Fun start today. Probably not seriously in the running for a regional anymore, but NCAA Tournament teams do split with the No. 8 team in the country at home. No issue with this weekend, if they can hold on.

Also tired of seeing the same negative nellies only post after losses.
                Last edited by ShockerExpress; May 2, 2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Good attitude from the guys today. Gareth is a reasonable option on Sunday like this. He’s pitched well so far.

Comment

Its early but a split would be sweet! Lets go!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Really solid outing from Gareth Stroh. Deserved a better result but gave his guys 3.2 solid innings

Comment

Stroh gave us his best vs the #8 squad in the nation. Props to him for sure and glad to see he got a weekend start. Can the bullpen hold is the question.

Comment

I missed it. Who took over for Stroh?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Stumpy

10-3 good guys. B4

Comment

I'm not nervous, but, ummmm ....

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Stumpy came in for Stroh and frankly wasn’t very effective. He left in trouble and LJ McDonough came in. He’s been solid but made a horrible error that cost 2 big runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X