#8 East Carolina @ WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigtimetimmyjim View Post

I want to thank you boys for helping us extend our 1st place lead. Good job shockers
    No problem, anytime!
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Quite the turn around - lose by the ten run rule in game 1; game 2 of double header a win via the ten run rule.

Comment

Just shows what how a pitcher for any team can influence any game.

Go Shox.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtimetimmyjim View Post

I want to thank you boys for helping us extend our 1st place lead. Good job shockers
          Looking forward to playing Tulane in the AAC Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Okay, I’m not nor will I ever be the AL manager of the year but I’m beginning to think Snavely and Eddy have some compromising pictures of Wedgie and Pelfrey. Jace should’ve been our #1 starter after the Houston series. It may have cost us a win at Tulane because he missed a start.

Again, you can’t say he hasn’t given plenty of opportunities to Butler and Steele’s pitching staff.
            Perhaps treating Jace with kids gloves. I think next week, they need to throw him into the fire, the first game. He’s ready to give him the chance.

Comment

Safe to say the ECU pitcher of the 2nd game was not nearly as good as the ECU 1st Pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                Safe to say the ECU pitcher of the 2nd game was not nearly as good as the ECU 1st Pitcher.
                You're right, Williams will be a 1-3 round pick, but Douchemaner was preseason AAC 1st team. He hasn't had a great year, but he can pitch.

Nevertheless, it was a nice evening.

Comment

One other nice thing about the way the game ended, the 2 guys we trust out of the pen, Stumpy and Haase, are still very much available for tomorrow and or Sunday if we can be in a position to win.

ECU is probably going to plan for a couple of Johnny Wholestaff kind of games. They have some dinged up arms and are struggling, as much as a top 10 team that's only lost 9 games all season can struggle.

Comment

Wow talk about a coincidence. Get spanked by Cincinnati a couple of times and some young pup brings his lunch pail the next day and the Shocks win. Get spanked by ecu in the first game and the same young pup shows up with his lunch pail again and the Shocks win. Coincidence? I don't think so. Go Shocks

Comment

Liam Eddy on the mound for the Shocks in Game 3.

Comment

Liam Eddy doesn't get out of the 1st inning. Only retires 1 ECU batter while giving up 5 runs on 5 hits and a walk. Tommy Barnhouse comes on to get the final 2 outs of the inning.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Liam Eddy doesn't get out of the 1st inning. Only retires 1 ECU batter while giving up 5 runs on 5 hits and a walk. Tommy Barnhouse comes on to get the final 2 outs of the inning.
                          So what has changed so much for Liam?????

Comment

Daaaaang. I leave the gun show and tune into 97.5 in the 3rd inning and it's 0-6. Grrrr

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

So what has changed so much for Liam?????
                              Don't know for sure, but his arm seems dead right now. The gun said he touched 88 but looked 83 and not much movement. That's T ball for these guys. In 6 pitches all the good mojo from last night was flushed and it's yet another team rubbing our noses in it.

Tommy battled at least. Spencer on. Probably be 3 for 3 on run rules. Unreal.

Comment

Ooouch.

Comment

Working...
                                X