Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payton Tolle

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/n...k-4-1873450269

Think this guy will ever wear a Shocker uniform?

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/n...k-4-1873450269

Think this guy will ever wear a Shocker uniform?
    Wedge and Pelfrey give us a fighting chance... I’m gonna say yes!
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Doesn't seem very likely does it . Although he is one guy who would see eye-to-eye with PCMP.

Comment

He has been paying attention with Shocker baseball and basketball retweets, etc. How important is an education to him and his family? How high does he need to get drafted to bypass college and college baseball?

if he’s the #2 Pitcher in Oklahoma, where does he rank nationwide as a high school pitcher? What is his overall rank?

Comment

I wonder what the contraction of minor league baseball (only four farm clubs in each organization) will do to high school draftees. Will guys outside of the elite level get drafted? It seems like guys will have to develop quicker to get to the big leagues, so there won’t time or roster space to let a high school kid languish for 5-6 years in the minors.
          78-65

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Doesn't seem very likely does it . Although he is one guy who would see eye-to-eye with PCMP.
            Agree, but what an addition he would make to Shocker pitching staff.

Comment

New commit. Xander "Boogie" McAfee. 6'4" 185 LB CF/OF/1B out of Southwest Christian School in Mansfield, TX. PerfectGame rating of 9 (Potential top 10 round pick and/or highest level college prospect). Looks like a good one!

No Texas ranking on this kid, but he could be just as high as Payton Tolle in Oklahoma. He is a potential Top 10 Round pick. I would imagine that ToPayton Tolle is also a Potential Top 10 round Pick. These aren't our only two recruiting commits in this category either. We don't have many, but we have a few.

Texas has a lot more players in this 9 category so it's difficult to compare, but the #2 Pitcher in Oklahoma may not be rated as high by the MLB scouts as the # 10 Pitcher in Texas, so this makes it difficult to know how high Tolle is and if he lasts to the 9th round, does he want to go to College. Vandy has had some Top 10-20 prospects skip the professional ranks. These guys aren't that high, but we don't need to make them into impossible recruits for Wedge just because they are Top MLB prospects. I think he wants that, and we should want it too.
              Last edited by Shockm; April 16, 2021, 10:11 AM.

Comment

If he does come here, he looks like he has the bat to be our next Darren Dreifort.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  If he does come here, he looks like he has the bat to be our next Darren Dreifort.
                  He’s the same size as Darren D. He’s a Pitcher and a Hitter. We will see if he comes here and is as good as Darren.

Comment

Yeah Darren was fair to middlin all right.

Comment

@Kung Wu

Any way we could get the Payton Tolle posts moved to the 2021 Recruiting thread: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...e2#post1270228

And the Xalnder McAfee posts moved to the 2022 Recruiting thread: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...e2#post1295561

And then sticky the recruiting threads to the top of the baseball fourm including the 2023 recruiting thread: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...23#post1271412

Comment

Here’s the interesting thing about the 2021 MLB draft. Last year’s draft was a 5 Round draft and this year will be a 20 Round draft.

That means that theoretically possible (not practically possible because HS kids went to their first year of college and therefore are ineligible) that there were 10-15 Rounds of Juniors and Seniors who returned to college and are draft eligible to go along with last year’s Sophomores, and all HS players are also eligible. We will see how highly thought of Payton Tolle is. He could be a very good player and still fall below where he wants To be drafted, or not be drafted. There will be much more competition for draft spots.

Comment

The past drafts have been 40 rounds. Now that MLB drafts are going down to 20, I'm not sure what the long term implications of that will be on college baseball, but Wedge would probably be able to accurately speculate. But my off hand prediction would be that possibly many more Sophomores, Juniors, and even Seniors that are draft eligible will want to continue to play college baseball, because their draft chances will continue to go down, or some of them who are academically strong, may decide to hang it up. It also will change the juco baseball programs, I would think. Pro dreams may go away quicker.

Comment

I'm betting that Tolle is a Shocker. His mom played golf at Wichita State. Amazing family, great young man. He'll be a great asset to the program! Get excited!

Comment

Originally posted by okcshocker View Post
                              I'm betting that Tolle is a Shocker. His mom played golf at Wichita State. Amazing family, great young man. He'll be a great asset to the program! Get excited!
                              Yep.

Comment

Working...
                              X