Payton Tolle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

He most likely could join programs still playing so not sure I'm following your logic aside from existing relationships. If he's looking to surround himself with the best talent both roster and coaching then I guess we have a mega lotto chance.
    He is the MAN on campus here. Bigger than all the basketball players. That will never happen at any other school he goes to.

He is guaranteed generational wealth in just a couple of years. He doesn't need Florida or LSU for that. He doesn't need NIL money.

He's already established friendships as an underclassman, but when you graduate with the guys you started with, you have deeper life relationships. He'll make friends, sure, but it isn't the same.

Could you imagine if his skill and influence could take WSU to a deep run? How much more meaningful would it be if he were to do it with his established friends at a smaller school, than a bunch of dudes at Florida? He could graduate from here and be revered. That won't happen at LSU -- it'll just be a school he went to with a lot of great players and did what was expected.

He needs to play where he is loved.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'd simply base my decision upon which program best catapults me to MLB. Let's not act like he's Darren Dreifort and his draft status is unquestioned. It's a big business decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He is the MAN on campus here. Bigger than all the basketball players. That will never happen at any other school he goes to.

He is guaranteed generational wealth in just a couple of years. He doesn't need Florida or LSU for that. He doesn't need NIL money.

He's already established friendships as an underclassman, but when you graduate with the guys you started with, you have deeper life relationships. He'll make friends, sure, but it isn't the same.

Could you imagine if his skill and influence could take WSU to a deep run? How much more meaningful would it be if he were to do it with his established friends at a smaller school, than a bunch of dudes at Florida? He could graduate from here and be revered. That won't happen at LSU -- it'll just be a school he went to with a lot of great players and did what was expected.

He needs to play where he is loved.
        Hail to you!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Let's not act like ... his draft status is unquestioned.
          It's a mortal lock.

Comment

It's a mortal lock.
            Where? So you are comparing him to DD-like guaranteed top 10 lock

Comment

I don't know his path, only his destiny. It's clearly MLB.

Comment

I forget which site but one listed him as 140th top prospect in 2024 draft. I would imagine if he has a junior year even better than his sophomore year hitting he will easily be a 3rd or 4th rd pick. I don’t think it will take too much improvement with his build/size to move up even higher than that.

Comment

I don't know his path, only his destiny. It's clearly MLB.
                  LoL. You're all over the place. There's a gargantuan difference between DD generational talent that is guaranteed top 5 pick. In that case yeah it doesn't really matter where you play. Life altering money on the line between being top 10, bottom half first round, and outside 1st round. The rah-rah feels are heartwarming. If I were in his shoes this is strictly a stone cold business decision.

Comment

There are no locks. There are Top 10 MLB draft choices every year that start badly, and even more that turn out “sucking”. Just look at the Arkansas Pitcher who the KC Royals First Rd. at #4 (Asa Lacey) in 2020. He was supposed to be a no brained. He has sucked big time, and now looks like he would have been a bad 10th Round draft pick. There also are no players who show they can play that are overlooked. That is simply a recruiting tactic that top programs use to get players. Tolle is 6’6, 250, and has power. It’s not like we are in a Div 2 or 3 league.
                    Last edited by Shockm; June 23, 2023, 06:29 PM.

Comment

This program has a total rebuild on its hands, one of several in last decade. Only part that will suck about Tolle leaving is when he does make it if he does, whatever school he goes to next will be his school mentioned not WSU. That’s not that big of deal and only sort of sucks. It will take a lot more than him to make a difference next year, he probably wants to experience winning. Also you know what’s better than getting a signing bonus 12 months from now? Get that signing bonus 12 months from now, after receiving big NIL money and playing deep into college post season.

Like I said previously I am finding it hard to follow college sports anymore but I don’t blame anyone from getting what they can out of the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There are no locks. There are Top 10 MLB draft choices every year that start badly, and even more that turn out “sucking”. Just look at the Arkansas Pitcher who the KC Royals First Rd. at #4 (Asa Lacey) in 2020. He was supposed to be a no brained. He has sucked big time, and now looks like he would have been a bad 10th Round draft pick. There also are no players who show they can play that are overlooked. That is simply a recruiting tactic that top programs use to get players. Tolle is 6’6, 250, and has power. It’s not like we are in a Div 2 or 3 league.
                        I'm talking draft picks. DD was just that. Rare no doubt. Never did I mention actual MLB on field performance.

Comment

I'm talking draft picks. DD was just that. Rare no doubt.
                          DD was #1, and Lacey was #4. Asa Lacey is still hanging around AA playing against the Wind Surge. He’s been injured as much as he’s played.

Comment

Isn’t NIL largely being funded through Instagram followers/advertising? I don’t see PT as an Instagram kinda guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

DD was #1, and Lacey was #4. Asa Lacey is still hanging around AA playing against the Wind Surge. He’s been injured as much as he’s played.
                              DD was 2 behind Arod

Comment

LoL. You're all over the place. There's a gargantuan difference between DD generational talent that is guaranteed top 5 pick. In that case yeah it doesn't really matter where you play. Life altering money on the line between being top 10, bottom half first round, and outside 1st round. The rah-rah feels are heartwarming. If I were in his shoes this is strictly a stone cold business decision.
                                Pennington is going too.

Comment

Working...
                                X