X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
    Thank you ASM
    That’s right. Chuck Ingram
    I don’t want to stop the ongoing feud between Veritas and Doc (maybe I do lol) but I’m hoping we can all agree that we all want our baseball Shocks to be successful.

Do we not have a class of 2020 on the baseball thread? We have a Class of 2019, 2021, and 2022. I couldn’t find one for 2020 and I wondered why.

I know the coaching staff is purging a good number of 2020 Butler recruits but I’m sure we have some new recruits beside Ingram. The last I remember, Ingram was being seen as a possible 8th Rd. Draft Choice. That may be off some and I don’t have premium content. Does anybody know for sure? Does anybody know how much to be concerned about his draft status?

Comment

Scratch that. I just saw the recruiting class of 2020. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Of course you weren't at the banquet because you're nothing but a lot of hot air, living in the past and your tongue up Gene's ass.

The next dollar you give will be your first and if you knew 1/10th of what I know you could call yourself a genius. You'd still be a complete douche, but you'd be an informed douche.

I'd love to tell the board all about this growing class, but because of you, and you alone, I'm not going to.

It appears that the staff is way ahead of schedule, but time is time and you just never know how things are going to play out.

And as to answering your question, why would I? HCEW will succeed because he will coach, motivate, and team build. It's likely to take time because recruiting takes time, not unlike when HCGM was hired. It's a complete 180 in philosophies. All I hope for is that you're never there to enjoy it.
        I wasn’t at FPB because I don’t live in Wichita and when I travel there I like to attend basketball or baseball games.

Gene being a great Coach has nothing to do with your indefensible support of the Butler and how easily you picked Butler over the program. You let your personal bromance of the man cloud your common sense.

You can’t tell anyone about the class because your ouiji board is broken. You constantly speak in Nostradamus’ narrative and never do share a thing of value. Using me as an excuse not to “share” only further validates my point. You personify someone with a lot of hot air and when you get called out on it, you either climb in a hole sucking your thumb or get bent out of shape. The truth hurts, doesn’t it...especially those that have fooled even themselves.

Maybe I’ll see you at the ballpark and you can buy me a beer. Don’t forget your shine box.

Comment

Never once did I "pick Butler over the program". You're simply too stupid to understand the difference.

While I'd gladly do a lot of things for a lot of people, I'm not even sure I'd buy you a beer if I knew you'd choke on it. But then again, I won't see you at the yard because A) you don't support WSU athletics and B) they don't let you go where I usually sit.

You think you're getting under my skin, but I assure you the opposite. You bore me and I suspect you bore a great many on here as well.

I will continue my support of Shocker athletics while relishing the fact that you don't live in Wichita.

Comment

Never once did I "pick Butler over the program". You're simply too stupid to understand the difference.

While I'd gladly do a lot of things for a lot of people, I'm not even sure I'd buy you a beer if I knew you'd choke on it. But then again, I won't see you at the yard because A) you don't support WSU athletics and B) they don't let you go where I usually sit.

You think you're getting under my skin, but I assure you the opposite. You bore me and I suspect you bore a great many on here as well.

I will continue my support of Shocker athletics while relishing the fact that you don't live in Wichita.
            No, you were the Butlers greatest defender. I called you out on that numerous times during his last few years.

Where do you usually sit? I’ll be sure to stop by for my free beer and get my shoes shined .

Seriously. You put yourself at the head of the table. Where is it? Luke 14:7-14

Comment

You went a little heavy on the pine tree perfume there, kid.

Step 2 is washing it out.

Again, you don't understand, but you're a simpleton so it's not surprising.

You calling me out is like Borat calling out Tom Hanks. Insignificant doesn't even begin to describe it.

I sit where you can't go. And I don't believe I offered you a beer.

I was going to do your family a favor and hook up the Disney channel.....for free. Well forget it!

Comment

You went a little heavy on the pine tree perfume there, kid.

Step 2 is washing it out.

Again, you don't understand, but you're a simpleton so it's not surprising.

You calling me out is like Borat calling out Tom Hanks. Insignificant doesn't even begin to describe it.

I sit where you can't go. And I don't believe I offered you a beer.

I was going to do your family a favor and hook up the Disney channel.....for free. Well forget it!

What do you even mean??? “Pine tree perfume”... or “ I wouldn’t buy you a beer even if you choked on it” ? Where do you get those? The WuDrWu no malarkey bus tour?

Back to my question. Where do you sit that I can’t get access? The women’s restroom?

You act like a blowhard that has tried for years to overstate your importance to this board. You pretend you have breaking news, but don’t. You pretend you have inside information, but don’t. You pretend you have exclusive seating, but don’t.

Your ruse has been over since your OP about a big football announcement and your inimitable support of Todd Butler.

Comment

The good Doctor is a supporter of ALL shocker sports. He unfailingly supports every program and the people that lead those programs even if he doesn't agree with them. After all the program is bigger than the people that head them up. I found myself supporting Todd Butler because he was chosen to head the program not because I thought he was the best to do so but to support the program and my school. When it became apparent things weren't getting better I had confidence that a change would be made as did WDW but I didn't jump on the dump Butler train as so many did. It amazes me that people believe that the more they hate on a web site will ever have an impact on a programs direction. I know some of this angst was caused by the release/firing of Gene. Everyone here would agree that Gene was a great coach and resurrected the baseball program and put his blood and sweat into the program. Few even remember that he chose his alma mater over WSU for a day and frankly it doesn't matter. The program was not achieving at the same level it once did. College baseball changed in that kids go to showcase events and are seen by a lot of coaches instead of the old days of going to american legion games all over and finding the kids we found. More money was poured into facilities and salaries. I felt the program had lost its fire and the staff was going through the motions. That is only my perception but you will not find any comments about that on SN while Gene was the head coach because I supported the program, Saying WDW adds nothing to discussion is patently wrong. Sometimes he makes seemingly cryptic comments but I would imagine he does so to let us know something is in the wind and the substance can't be let out. I would imagine that it would have to do with conversations with people that he has their confidence not to share. Either way it's a little like handling of classified information...everyone one wants to know whats up but don't have the need to know. Nice to know is a lot different than the need to know. You can quote scripture all you want but I would lose the Shoe shine reference which in many circles would be considered derogatory as well as racist. And no I'm not thin skinned or PC most of the time.

Comment

Defense of me aside (and thank you), that's very well put pogo .

Comment

!!!!!! RECRUITING: CLASS OF 2022 EMERGENCY THREAD RESET !!!!!!!

Shocks get a verbal from Hogan Shelby, a 6-2, 170 lb SS from the Ft. Worth area (Birdville HS). Not much info on him other than that.

Last edited by Wuzee; February 10, 2020, 02:25 PM. Reason: corrected date in header.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Thanks for getting the topic back on track

I do like those Short stops

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                          !!!!!! RECRUITING: CLASS OF 2020 EMERGENCY THREAD RESET !!!!!!!

Shocks get a verbal from Hogan Shelby, a 6-2, 170 lb SS from the Ft. Worth area (Birdville HS). Not much info on him other than that.

If this is a 2020 recruit, would a moderator please move it to the RECRUITING: CLASS of 2020 thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                            Shockers get their first verbal for the Class of 2022 in Austin Henry, a 6-4, 190 RHP from Dell Rapids SD. Plays with MidSouth Prospects for club ball and picked up an all tournament nod in a recent Perfect Game event.

This recruit is extremely intriguing. A High School Sophomore from South Dakota (15-16 years old) that is 6'4" and 190 lbs. that was named to an Perfect Game All Tournament team. We know that baseball isn't the same in South Dakota as it is in Texas where every Big 12, AAC, SEC, and even Rice University would be in on a great player. Does anyone have a MPH number for this young man?

I like how this young man stands tall next to Pelphrey who we know is 6'7". This could be a stud that we have to sway away from the Majors.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If this is a 2020 recruit, would a moderator please move it to the RECRUITING: CLASS of 2020 thread?
                              Crap. He's 2022 and in the right thread, but my "emergency" quip had the wrong year. I'll change it.
                              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I wonder if Austin has any connection to former Shocker great AJ Ladwig who I believe was also from the area?

Comment

Working...
                                X