• Show
Clear All

7th Inning Stretch

Shox 7 — H7 E1 L3

SIUE 5 — H7 E0 L7
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
      I think the pitching staff will step up. They have a lot of talent. I too wonder about Jace and Jake and their availability.
      Jace and Jake are 100% available, have been all season. Peters is injured

Comment

After 7

Shox 7 — H7 E1 L3

SIUE 5 — H7 E0 L7

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Tuning in way late. What grade do the Shox get for this game so far (thru the 5th inning)?
          Through the 7th. Starting pitching a C- or D+. Snavely was decent for the 1st two innings but then seemed to lose command in the 3rd and 4th. Stuempfig got the final out of 4th and a 1-2-3 inning in the 5th and in the 6th so I give him an A in relief. Hansen wasn't very good in the 7th maybe a C- at best.

Offense was an A through 4 innings but the Shocks are 9 up and 9 down in the 5th, 6th and 7th.

Can the Shocks get it done late in the game?
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 28, 2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Very solid 1-2-3 top of the 8th for Cameron Bye. I would let him come out for the 9th.

In the Shocker 8th they go down in order for the 4th consecutive inning.

Comment

After 8

Shox 7 — H7 E1 L3

SIUE 5 — H7 E0 L7

Comment

Freshman Cameron Bye will be allowed to come back out to start the 9th.

Slow grounder to short. Nice play by Cade Clemons. Runner called out but is under review. Call stands. 1 out.

Cameron gives up a 1 out single to right on an 0-2 count. I really dislike giving up hits on 0-2 counts. Cameron probably needs to retire the next two batters to finish the save. Walks the next batter on 5 pitches (the first 2 quite close per Kennedy) and he is done.

Tommy Barnhouse gets the call to try to close this out.

Fly ball to center advances runner to 3rd. Runners at the corners with 2 outs. Runner at 3rd is meaningless.

Well hit fly ball to left center into the wind is caught by CF VanVooren and the Shocks get the win. 7-5

Glad they did not overturn the call on the lead off batter in the 9th.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 28, 2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Not impressed.

My expectations have been lowered to .500 ball. Hopefully this is still because of so many Butler leftovers and not anything else.

Where did cdizzle go?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shockers win the series 2-1 but far from impressive and certainly not providing much for Shocker fans to get excited about.

Hopefully this will be a team that will get better and play better as the weather warms.

Comment

Definite hangover today as I didn't think we looked good at all. About all I can say is at least we didn't lose.

My expectations have certainly taken a hit.

Comment

I’m hoping we are working with different lineups and pitchers to see who produces and who doesn’t. I am also hoping that we actually have choices to experiment with and not wasting time doing it.

Who are we really missing from last year?

Comment

Wu, you know you’re the best fan possible, but 5 games in ??? These guys have been COVID affected as well... we have a major league manager for a coach... we will be all right☺️⚾️

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Definite hangover today as I didn't think we looked good at all. About all I can say is at least we didn't lose.

My expectations have certainly taken a hit.
                            Well Barnhouse has been a constant and may end up our closer.

Comment

WSU faces 0-4 Dixie State who has 10.50 ERA. Their hitters are only hitting 0.160. So this should be a chance for WSU to get their head straight and gets some positive confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                WSU faces 0-4 Dixie State who has 10.50 ERA. Their hitters are only hitting 0.160. So this should be a chance for WSU to get their head straight and gets some positive confidence.
                                I don't know. If it is a false confidence it will be pretty fragile but maybe it will help. Should be able to get a lot of the newcomers some playing time I would think.

Comment

Working...
                                X