SIU-Edwardsville 2/26-2/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
    Know it’s early (as it is with every team), but I haven’t seen, or heard, much about our pitching staff that impresses me. Hope it gets better.
    There is hope in that two of our predicted starters in the rotation haven’t pitched yet.

Comment

Pathetic.

Last year proving to be luck and fool’s gold. And favorable scheduling.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Pathetic.

That it does. Shox now losers of 3 of their last 4.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Pathetic.

Scheduling SIU-E for 3 games isn't favorable scheduling?

Mike Kennedy even calling out the Shocker pitching against SIU-E in his post-game remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Scheduling SIU-E for 3 games isn't favorable scheduling?
            It is. And we piled up a 13-2 record last year on that and luck. Guess we’re getting unlucky this year.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I wish I could blame Butler’s recruits but some of them are our bright spots.

Comment

Yesterday Wallace, Ingram and VanVooren accounted for 8 of the 9 Shocker hits 9 hits and all 9 RBI.

Today Wallace, Kocis and Ingram accounted for 8 of the 10 Shocker hits and 5 of 7 RBI.

Will concentrated production be a characteristic of this team.

Comment

The place to be today was probably across the street form the Eck at Wilkins Stadium..

The Shocker softball team battered Creighton 14-2 in a 5-inning run rule game in which the Shockers hit 5 home runs. In the 2nd game of the doubleheader the Shocks got off to a slow start falling behind 3-0 heading into the bottom of the 3rd, The responded with 5 more home runs just in the 3rd inning and added a 6th home run (a 3-run job) in the 4th and then closed out a second 5-inning run rule game 13-3.

The Shocks only batted in 4 innings in each game. 11 dingers in 8 rounds of hitting. Probably a Shocker record,

Comment

The Lady Shocks had a large crowd on hand for today’s double header. At least the stands appeared that way from Eck.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

There is hope in that two of our predicted starters in the rotation haven’t pitched yet.
                      Which two? I truly don’t know.

Either way, I hope they are good enough that one of our top bullpen pitchers (closers) doesn’t allow a 3 run inning in the 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Yeah, I don't understand it. I'm not a baseball guy either. But so far I'm confused and disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

Which two? I truly don’t know.

Either way, I hope they are good enough that one of our top bullpen pitchers (closers) doesn’t allow a 3 run inning in the 9th.
                          I am guessing he is referring to Jake Hamilton and Preston Snavely. We also have not seen Connery Peters who had a 1.23 ERA in 7.1 appearances over 7 games. We have also not seen Fr. Jace Kaminska yet either who I think some were high on. In addition to these 4 pitchers we have another half dozen pitchers on the roster who have not seen action.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 27, 2021, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Snavely goes tomorrow, but I don't know why we haven't seen Jace. Hamilton did struggle some in the fall, so I can at least get that. Thought we'd see Peters by now too.

Comment

Shox pitching a real strength last year. This year, not so much.

Comment

Shocks having a heck of a 1st inning so far.

keep it up Shox!
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X