Baseball: WSU vs Louisiana Tech - Mar 6,7,8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

You ever get an answer on this? Thought he did a nice job. Wouldn’t mind some color analysts, from time to time... even if it’s some grad student.
    No I never did get an answer. I assume with Kennedy unavailable to do the baseball game today due to men's basketball and Steve Strain probably still in Connecticut or on his way back that Shane shifted over to radio duties and they found someone else to do the ESPN video stream. Perhaps one of the local TV guys. He did do a very nice job.

Update: I listened to the beginning of the ESPN replay and the gentlemen calling the game was Blake Cripps. I was not familiar with that name so I googled it and found out that he is the voice of the Newman University Jets.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 8, 2020, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

No I never did get an answer. I assume with Kennedy unavailable to do the baseball game today due to men's basketball and Steve Strain probably still in Connecticut or on his way back that Shane shifted over to radio duties and they found someone else to do the ESPN video stream. Perhaps one of the local TV guys. He did do a very nice job.
      I remember seeing his name early in the broadcast, but I don't recall what it was. I had the video on mute while I listened to Dennis. I suppose of one was extremely interested they could rewatch the first inning on ESPN3.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Possibly someone like the voice of Butler Co. Juco. Dennis ..........? I think he used to do the Wingnuts games on 1410.

Comment

• See the edit to my post above. It was Blake Cripps who is the voice of the Kansas Newman Jets.

WICHITA, Kan. - On November 14, Newman's Athletic Director, Joanna Pryor, announced a contract with Blake Cripps to announce for athletic events.

Comment

• I guess that truly was a walk off win for the Shocks as both the tying and winning runs reached base by, you guessed it, walks. In fact, Cadena's single was the only hit of the winning rally.

Walk, pitching change, strike out looking, walk, RBI single, runners advance to 2nd and 3rd on a wild pitch, intentional walk, pitching change, and a relatively shallow fly ball to left center scoring Cooper Elliott who was pinch running for Garrett Kocis. Shockers didn't exactly bludgeon LaTech that inning but they will take it any way they can get. They have done pretty well this year capitalizing on their opponents mistakes and that is something they need to continue to do.

Comment

Working...
            X