Recruiting -- Class of 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​ Incoming 2022 Catcher from Blue Valley High School. image widget
    Last edited by TMacKC; May 25, 2022, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
      Shockers land another Texas kid -- and he's a switch-pticher. Or there's a typo! Not really sure!

Aidan Sharp 6-7 235lb LHP/RHP?/1B from Colleyville Texas. PG8

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=440797

Decommitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        Any of you baseball recruiting experts know what path he is currently on? I would think this injury would affect his draft status, college back into play a little more, but I'm not sure how much. When is he projected to play again?

He sounds like a great kid.

Comment

• Austin won't be drafted (this go around). He'll be here. Won't play until spring '24.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Austin won't be drafted (this go around). He'll be here. Won't play until spring '24.
            Wow. 2 years. Recovery from TJ takes longer than one thinks.

Comment

• Using Wuzee list without his permission. All credit to him. Comments are MY opinion only. Put no stock into it, I'm just bored this morning.

RHP Austin Henry, 6-4 190, Dell Rapids SD (Dell Rapids) TJ surgery this spring. Out for 23. Big time project with enormous upside if recovery goes as expected.

SS Hogan Shelby, 6-2,170 Dallas TX (Birdville)

RHP Tim Arguello, 6-0, 185 San Antonio TX (S.A. Christian) Improving pitcher.

*INF Jack Little, 6-1,195 Katy TX (Tompkins) Intriguing.

*LHP/1B Tristan Duke, 6-5 200 Flower Mound TX (Flower Mound) High ceiling but prospect.

ILLINOIS

*RHP AJ. Izzi 6-3 160 Plainfield IL (Oswego East) If Ashton comes today, he starts tonight. Sweat the draft.

*OF Scott Newman, 6-2 165 Glenview IL (Glenbrook South) Another intriguing UT player.

MINNESOTA

* RHP/3B Jeremy Bingesser 6-3 200 Bowlus MN (PIerz Healy). Big time athlete.

OHIO

*LHP Parker Dillhoff 6-4 220 Lebanon OH (Lebanon)

WISCONSIN

*LHP Michael Mulhollon 6-4 205 Burlington WI (Westosha Central) Enormous upside. Guessing redshirt but you never know.

OKLAHOMA

C Reese Ratchford, 6-1 200 Sulpher OK (Sulphur) Excellent catcher. Need an update.

* RHP Daniel Satterlee, 6-3 200 Moore OK (Southmoore) Will have 15+ appearances next season.

KANSAS

* SS Tate Moody, 6-1 205 Mission KS (SM East).

OF Jaden Gustafson, 6-4 195 Wichita KS (Maize).

C / UT Sam McAleer, 6-3 195 Leawood KS (Blue Valley) Stud. Sweat the draft.

COLORADO

*UT Charlie Rogan, 6-6 215 Aurora CO (Regis Jesuit) Project.

———————————————

(STATUS UNKNOWN) RHP Keaton Story, 6-2,170 Edmond OK (Deer Creek). NO MENTION. Not sure this guy is still coming here.

(STATUS UNKNOWN) C Dempsey Gillman 6-0 210 Oklahoma City OK (Metro Christian Academy) Moved here until I see a confirmation that he's coming here.

(DECOMMIT ) OF Xander McAfee, 6-4 189 Dallas TX (Southwest Christian) Committed to Texas State.

(DECOMMIT) LHP Dylan Warda, 6-3 190 Chicago IL (Brother Rice)[/QUOTE] Committed to Indiana.

(DECOMMIT) SS Grayson Doggett, 6-1 185 Hutto TX (Hutto) Decommit. Blinn Juco.

(DECOMMIT) LHP/1B Aidan Sharp 6-7 235 Colleyville TX (Keller)

(ADDITIONS)

Clark Candiotti 6'5" RHP Grayson Juco transfer commit. Originally at St Mary.

Carter Rost 6'3" RHP Transfer from Bismark College.

Mauricio Millan C Transfer from El Paso. Hit .330 Certainly we have to protect against losing Sam, but makes me think something's up with another C somewhere.

Matt Wilkinson RHP 6'1" Transfer Iowa Central CC

Grant Adler RHP 6'3" Cowley CC Transfer. Derby Will be on the mound a lot next season.

Jarrett Flaggert 6'4" 205 Choctaw, OK UT Intriguing.

David Herring 6'0" 180 IF Cowley Hit .350 with 70 RBI and 9 HR

Kyte McDonald 5'10" OF Alvin CC/Miss State. Hit .236 with 7 HR 56 runs scored and 17 RBI for ACC after transferring from MSU. Top 500 recruit in the nation in 2019 with a PG rating of 9.

Last edited by WuDrWu; June 10, 2022, 01:50 PM.

Comment

(ADDITIONS)

Mauricio Millan C Transfer from El Paso. Hit .330 Certainly we have to protect against losing Sam, but makes me think something's up with another C somewhere.

Grant Adler RHP 6'3" Cowley CC Transfer. Derby Will be on the mound a lot next season.

I believe that Clark Candiotti is the son of former big league pitcher Tom Candiotti.

Comment

• Watching ECU take care of UT this afternoon and bored. Way too early thoughts on next year's lineup.

I'm not going to project who might or might not make it to the spring. If they are on the roster now, not announced a transfer or signed or committed, then they are fair game for my lineup.

CF Chuck Ingram Any off season progression makes Chuck an extremely dangerous and elite leadoff hitter.
                  2B David Herring Cowley transfer hit a ton. Think he fits nicely at 2nd.
                  SS Brock Rodden More than a pleasant surprise, this 1st team AAC player moves to SS to replace Stewy.
                  1B Peyton Tolle I am hoping like heck we find 4 starters and can use Tolle like ECU uses Agnos, Giles and so many others over the years.
                  RF Sawyre Thornhill Very consistent addition this year. I think he'll be pushed but he seems tough enough to find a spot somewhere.
                  3B Xavier Casserilla One of 2 talented returners that we desperately need to make the jump they are capable of making.
                  C Sam McAleer If you're going to recruit a likely drafted HS, might as well play him day 1.
                  DH Jordan Rogers Did everything asked of him in 2021.
                  LF Kyte McDonald PG 9 talent finds the field for WSU.

SP Ashton Izzi Hugely talented freshman will get the ball.
                  SP Cameron Bye Tired late in the season. A good summer and a year of maturity should make him a solid 2.
                  SP Jace Miner Admitting a bias here. I like this kid and his upside. Hoping we see good Jace a lot more often.
                  SP Grant Adler 87 innings for Cowley (only 63 hits) almost 6-1 K/BB. 90-91 FB. Need a guy that can eat innings, and he seems likely.
                  RHR Caden Favors Was really, really good out of the pen in 2022. Let's see more of that.
                  LHR Peyton Tolle Pretty good option out of the pen.
                  Closer Matt Wilkinson Pure guess.

Others:
                  Seth Stroh - I picked one of 2 talented players to get better, and I picked X. Stroh has every tool and could be great.
                  Will Stark - Did everything asked of him before the injury. He's playing summer ball so he's back healthy.
                  Jack Little and Scott Newman are the 2 newcomers I see as most likely to help early, but again, just my guess.

Pitchers:

I would place both Cranz and Boyer in the wildcard pile right now. Don't know much about Boyer's injury and Cranz is in California I think this summer. Both have potential.
                  I expect Daniel Satterlee to see a lot of action next spring. Would not be surprised to see Tim Arguello carve out a role for himself next spring. Will keep my fingers crossed that Henry gets healthy and is able to help out in some way.
                  Don't know enough about the others to offer an expectation.

Catcher - No standouts here but plenty to choose from. Cooper Harris played a little in 21. Gage Williams was good with the pitchers this year but didn't hit a lot. Alex Birge has progressed nicely during his redshirt season. Assuming Millan, the juco transfer, will have the inside track behind McAleer.

Comment

• WuDrWu what makes you think they won't leave Rodden at 2nd and with Herring playing shortstop? In 2020 Rodden had a .953 fielding percentage vs .963 for Herring.

XC seemed like he was starting to get it by the end of the season. Hopefully, he builds on that. Seth Stroh certainly looks the spot but I am less sanguine that he can overcome his troubles facing left handed pitching. So I agree with XC over SS.

Appreciate you providing your insights knowing there is a lot of guess, hope and by golly in there.

Comment

• Brock has a lot of moxie and I think he wants the job at short. That's my only reasoning.

Tons of guessing and by gollying and even more hoping.

Comment

Brock has a lot of moxie and I think he wants the job at short. That's my only reasoning.

Tons of guessing and by gollying and even more hoping.
                        I'm thinking that at 6' Herring might have just a bit more range than the 5'9" Rodden but that assumes similar quickness and that may not be the case. Either way, it's hard to believe we won't be taking a step back defensively from Stewy and that is not a slam at Rodden and Herring. Hopefully, better offensive production will at least offset that.

I really like Jordan Rogers but he's certainly not your prototypical cleanup hitter where they had him over the last one-third of the 2022 season. I think Jordan would make a good 9-hole hitter as that spot can somewhat serve as a 2nd leadoff hitter in the 2nd half of games. If Chuck Ingram is drafted then I think Jordan becomes a candidate for the lead off spot.

I could see Seth Stroh platooning with Kyte McDonald in the outfield depending on righty/lefty pitching matchups.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 11, 2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• “<<SOUND ON>> Can we all agree wood bat baseball is the best? @sam_mcaleer @GoShockersBSB @BCbaseballtoday @BVBaseballCoach https://t.co/hJmbsLkKWB”

Comment

Using Wuzee list without his permission. All credit to him. Comments are MY opinion only. Put no stock into it, I'm just bored this morning.

RHP Austin Henry, 6-4 190, Dell Rapids SD (Dell Rapids) TJ surgery this spring. Out for 23. Big time project with enormous upside if recovery goes as expected.

SS Hogan Shelby, 6-2,170 Dallas TX (Birdville)

RHP Tim Arguello, 6-0, 185 San Antonio TX (S.A. Christian) Improving pitcher.

*INF Jack Little, 6-1,195 Katy TX (Tompkins) Intriguing.

*LHP/1B Tristan Duke, 6-5 200 Flower Mound TX (Flower Mound) High ceiling but prospect.

ILLINOIS

*RHP AJ. Izzi 6-3 160 Plainfield IL (Oswego East) If Ashton comes today, he starts tonight. Sweat the draft.

*OF Scott Newman, 6-2 165 Glenview IL (Glenbrook South) Another intriguing UT player.

MINNESOTA

* RHP/3B Jeremy Bingesser 6-3 200 Bowlus MN (PIerz Healy). Big time athlete.

OHIO

*LHP Parker Dillhoff 6-4 220 Lebanon OH (Lebanon)

WISCONSIN

*LHP Michael Mulhollon 6-4 205 Burlington WI (Westosha Central) Enormous upside. Guessing redshirt but you never know.

OKLAHOMA

C Reese Ratchford, 6-1 200 Sulpher OK (Sulphur) Excellent catcher. Need an update.

* RHP Daniel Satterlee, 6-3 200 Moore OK (Southmoore) Will have 15+ appearances next season.

KANSAS

* SS Tate Moody, 6-1 205 Mission KS (SM East).

OF Jaden Gustafson, 6-4 195 Wichita KS (Maize).

C / UT Sam McAleer, 6-3 195 Leawood KS (Blue Valley) Stud. Sweat the draft.

COLORADO

*UT Charlie Rogan, 6-6 215 Aurora CO (Regis Jesuit) Project.

———————————————

(STATUS UNKNOWN) RHP Keaton Story, 6-2,170 Edmond OK (Deer Creek). NO MENTION. Not sure this guy is still coming here.

(STATUS UNKNOWN) C Dempsey Gillman 6-0 210 Oklahoma City OK (Metro Christian Academy) Moved here until I see a confirmation that he's coming here.

(DECOMMIT ) OF Xander McAfee, 6-4 189 Dallas TX (Southwest Christian) Committed to Texas State.

(DECOMMIT) LHP Dylan Warda, 6-3 190 Chicago IL (Brother Rice)
                            Committed to Indiana.

(DECOMMIT) SS Grayson Doggett, 6-1 185 Hutto TX (Hutto) Decommit. Blinn Juco.

(DECOMMIT) LHP/1B Aidan Sharp 6-7 235 Colleyville TX (Keller)

(ADDITIONS)

Kyte McDonald 5'10" OF Alvin CC/Miss State. Hit .236 with 7 HR 56 runs scored and 17 RBI for ACC after transferring from MSU. Top 500 recruit in the nation in 2019 with a PG rating of 9.

[/QUOTE]

Best as I can find (mostly Twitter and IG) here are changes and highlights including any updates on players that have departed early:

Austin Henry will be here this fall. BFD while this stud rehabs from TJ surgery.

AJ Izzi signed with Seattle out of the draft for 1M+. Good for him!

Michael Mulhollon saw him pitch a couple of times in the summer. Raw, but lots to like in his future.

Reese Ratchford will instead start his career at Cowley Juco (meaning he's still on our radar).

Sam MacAleer did not get drafted and will likely be in the mix behind the plate next spring.

Clark Candiotti should be here this fall. Rapidly developing.

Carter Rost played in the Wisconsin League if we can find stats.

Mauricio Millan played for West Virginia in the MLB Draft League if that tells you anything.

I can find no update on Keaton Story. No idea if he'll be here or not.

Dempsey Gilman will attend Murray State College (per Twitter).

Aidan Sharp will attend Cowley (which means he's still on our radar).

Couper Cornblum transferred to Purdue.

Xavier Casserilla hasn't announced but hearing he might go to a juco. Unfortunate regardless of the final destination.

Austin Wallace, with his injury, might be done with baseball (my opinion only).

Derek Shaver transferred to Colorado Mesa (Twitter). Good for him!

Will Stevens I can't find information but heard a rumor he might be trying to catch on at Mississippi State. Hope he kills it.

Will Carpenter I can't find anything about his transfer.

Drew Miller same.

Jace Kaminska transferred to Nebraska.

Creighton Hansen transferred to Grayson College.

LJ McDonough no idea.

Nate Snead RHP Incoming freshman PG10 will be here this fall. Big arm, talented, tons of upside.

Sayer Diederich from Southern Nevada (Nebraska) will be here this fall.

Graham Osman (Arizona State) showed interest but IG says he chose Long Beach State.

Probably 1 or 2 more changes to hear about, and clearly the most important is the decision of Brock Rodden.

Also found Cole Plowman (Seminole State) on Twitter says he's committed to WSU (tweets are protected but it's on his profile page).

Last edited by WuDrWu; July 26, 2022, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Carter Rost had 3 starts for Bismark in the Northlands League. 3-0, 17 innings, 1.35 WHIP 2.65 ERA .279 OBA 2-1 K/BB.

Comment

• New commitment:

Colton Vercoe - Mesa CC - 6'5" 205 LB RHP - 1-4 in 14 appearances (6 starts) last season with a 4.03 EA and 40 K's in 51 1/3 IP.

Comment

Working...
                                X