No announcement yet.

Recruiting -- Class of 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siri and Pelf are killing it out there on the recruiting trail. Very, VERY proud of this staff.

Comment

I wonder what the change in events were that caused the young man to switch from ECU to WSU. Oh well as long as we can stick it to the pirates its all good.

Comment

Shocks with another 2022 verbal in Tristan Duke, a 6-5 200 LHP/1B from Flower Mound, TX.

Another PG8 dude.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
          Shocks with another 2022 verbal in Tristan Duke, a 6-5 200 LHP/1B from Flower Mound, TX.

Another PG8 dude.

Ah, Flower Mound, lived there for 5 years when it was a sleepy bedroom community. At that time it did not have a single commercial business nor its own High School.

Comment

Pulling in a fair amount of talent from Texas. Awesome to see this!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Pulling in a fair amount of talent from Texas. Awesome to see this!
              President Bardo's creative i-35 initiative doesn't hurt either particular with sports where very few, if any, players get full scholarships.

Comment

Just some fun things and Questions to think about......... Wuzee, Doc, or anyone
                Will we be able to get Austin Henry on campus next year? He played in the Perfect Game All American classic, and had 4 K's in 2 innings. It appears his stock is going up, and he was always a good stock bet to buy.

How high might he be drafted?

Pelfrey was drafted in the 15th round if I remember correctly, and he came anyway. I don't remember what round Dreifort was drafted in. Wasn't Tyler Green a 4th round draft choice and came to WSU anyway (although that was during our best years)?

I’m incredibly honored to represent the west team for the 2021
                @PGAllAmerican
                classic. Thank you
                @PerfectGameUSA
                for the unbelievable opportunity!

https://twitter.com/austin_henry24/s...230381572?s=20
                Last edited by Shockm; October 28, 2021, 09:21 AM.

Comment

No inside information, but I don't think it's too hard to gauge. Kid's probably going to be a top 3 round pick, and the money is likely too good to pass up. 2021 draft, last round 3 pick was slotted around $575K. I wouldn't turn down that amount of money. Would you? I think I'm a fairly smart person, and I wouldn't suggest he turn that down. Now, there are more variables, like need and readiness, not just athletically. He should do what's best for him and sure, we'd all love to see a talented young man like this pitch for us 3 years.

I have no inside information but I'd comfortably take any wager and offer 2-1 odds against him wearing a Shocker uniform. It is what it is....we're recruiting very high level talent now.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    No inside information, but I don't think it's too hard to gauge. Kid's probably going to be a top 3 round pick, and the money is likely too good to pass up. 2021 draft, last round 3 pick was slotted around $575K. I wouldn't turn down that amount of money. Would you? I think I'm a fairly smart person, and I wouldn't suggest he turn that down. Now, there are more variables, like need and readiness, not just athletically. He should do what's best for him and sure, we'd all love to see a talented young man like this pitch for us 3 years.

I have no inside information but I'd comfortably take any wager and offer 2-1 odds against him wearing a Shocker uniform. It is what it is....we're recruiting very high level talent now.
                    Well judging from his photograph taken in front of Mike Pelfrey's bullpen, maybe Pelf is the key.

Comment

• I know you never say never...but, if he's a top 3 round pick and offered that money, I think I would confidently say never. But, like Doc said, Wedge, Pelf and staff are recruiting at an elite level these days and I have confidence that they will find studs.
                      Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; October 28, 2021, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Shocks get an outfielder from Illinois. From reports: Good speed, good arm, spray hitter.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          I know you never say never...but, if he's a top 3 round pick and offered that money, I think I would confidently say never. But, like Doc said, Wedge, Pelf and staff are recruiting at an elite level these days and I have confidence that they will find studs.
                          Interestingly, Austin Henry is the second Shocker recruit to play in the PG AA game. The first was Jon Gilmore, a SS from Iowa who signed with the Braves after being drafted in the 2007 supplemental first round. He played 5 years in the minors and was a Carolina League All Star in 2010 before two injury-plagued seasons knocked him out at the AA level in 2012.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• I think we are still haven’t seen how the draft has been impacted the last few years since the changes were made. Less teams. Less rounds. Less players = more going to college.

Comment

• As expected...

Comment

• Only 3 weeks ago, Xander was taking his official visit, and was extremely complimentary. Then this past week, he attends the PG showcase. I wonder who got to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X